Bladder weakness after posterior repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was convinced I had a urine infection but the doctor has ruled that out so now I'm worried something has gone wrong after my posterior repair

I have no pain or discomfort but when I need to pee i get very little warning and then struggle to hold it in

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm 5 weeks post posterior op

The doctor has told me to continue with my pelvic floor exercises and to tell the consultant on my follow up.

Thanks

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I am new to this site. I am having similar problems. I am 7 weeks post op posterior repair. 2 weeks ago I started having symptoms of a constant urge to wee and burning sensation in my pelvic area, no pain when weeing. I went to gp and she said I was showing symptoms of urine infection so gave me antibiotics. She did not dipstick my urine. Started the tablets 2 days later started with diarrhoea so phoned surgery and they switched antibiotic. 4 days on and I did not feel any better, as it was the weekend I went to walk in centre they tested urine nurse said nitrates so definitely had infection. She sent this sample off for culture and sensitivity this came back negative but gp said to carry on taking tablets. I finished them today. I feel a little better but still have urge to wee but not as severe. So I am not sure if it is an infection or something to do with the surgery.
  • Posted

I also  got diarrhoea the second day after starting antibiotics for suspected bladder infection so I didnt take the Lavido (prescribed to keep stools soft) today and it has settled down but urine still going mad-isnt it awful-would not dare go out-feel for you having to go back to work, I am also 7 weeks post op and could not attempt work at the moment.
    • Posted

How are you feeling today? My symptoms are a little better but still have urge to pee. Also since this started after I have gone to the toilet when I stand up I have a little leak of urine. Is this to do with infection I did not have this before op I am a little concerned.
    • Posted

That is why I feel that I have to press perineum to release the rest of urine when I go and if I dont when I sit down I feel it leak so still wearing the dreaded pads. It will be interesting on Monday to get results of urine sample. I am not any better and just took the last antibiotic.
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on tomorrow. I have to do a repeat sample tomorrow. I am worried about this. With the urgency, leakage and burning pain in my pelvis I wish I had not had this done now I feel worse off than when I had the Prolapse. I am worried my bladder has Prolapsed now and it was fine before. I feel throughly miserable just want my life back.
  • Posted

I didnt get the urgency to go but did experience some urine leakage during the first 8 weeks so needed to use pads. I am fine 99% of the time now with no leakage. I was slightly concerned about it as the surgeon told me the following day that I may need to go back for a bladder sling as I had coughed when they were finishing up the surgery so they had put in some extra stitches!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.