Bleach free pads and LS.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, Couldn't find my original thread. Been looking all morning. Just an update as I promised. I purchased one pack of natracare incontinence pads from Amazon. Thanks to a bad review I decided to only order one pack. So glad I didn't order more.

They are like squashing an empty toilet roll and putting it between your legs. Horrible. Not very absorbent and because they squash they do not even protect you from leaks. My experience is they are not very kind to the Ls. My Ls has flared up a bit due to these pads rubbing, I gave them a couple of tries with to be fair. I am so sad as I was hoping this would be big boon to us sufferers of Ls with incontinence which seems to be many.

Anyone else with any other ideas.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissy , I ordered the sanitary towels and to be honest they were like a cross between cardboard and sandpaper and I could only wear it for and hour as it was so rough against my skin, such ashAme, 😢xxx
  • Posted

I don't have incontinence, but a local fashion designer had a home-based business sewing colourful cotton diapers. She made them out of organic cotton velour knit. Soft as a cloud. If and when I start dribbling large amounts, that's my solution. And a wool outside, made with sock yarn.

Heh, maybe I should start a home-based business!

• Posted

I just searched 'organic cotton velour incontinence pads' and found sweetmamasharon selling them. But she puts 'zorb' and 'PUL' in them. I have no idea what those are. LS sufferers need total breathability. Mothers used to put woolen soakers over babies' diapers to prevent them wetting their environment.
  • Posted

Thank you for that BB. Looking at your photo are you a male with this problem it would be interesting to hear from a man on this subject. I notice most of the comments seem to be from females, but I do know that this affects males as much as females.It would be great to start a discussion for men with this problem.
    • Posted

Sorry Chrisy no I'm not a sufferer but you all have my sympathies neutral
  • Posted

Hi Chrissy If you are in the UK you could ask to speak tothe Incontinence Advisor in your local Hospital Trust, the best way is through your GP and District nurse. There are hundreds of different sorts of pads and pants available that may be able to help you. You could also try writing to the makers of the aids and ask to have samples of various products- perahps even suggesting a trial by other sufferers

Good Luck

PS have you spoken to a health care proffesional about your incontinence?

- there are ways to help control leakage too

• Posted

Hi suedm,

Yes I have been through all the investigations and am now taking oxibutynin which is helping with the incontinence lots.  I do all the exercises I was given to do but a lot of my problem started following a hysterectomy.  I had lots of problems after it and LS became very active as well.  Still have the odd accident though which in a very short time can cause a flare up.  I always use Epaderm to wash with after every visit.  I will be looking into the different types of Pads.  thankyou everyone for your advice.

• Posted

Thank you for letting me know how you are getting on Chrisy . I spoke to a couple of  friends while walkng today - one is a physio and the other health visitor both mentioned doing the pelvic floor exercises - REGULARLY- ideally several times a day. Another friend- a nurse also had problems after a hysterectomy and she had an op that has sorted out her problems (tightening the sphinter I think ) Keep nagging the health care professionals - he who shouts the loudest gets most done in in the current NHS- perhaps it was ever thus!

Good Luck Sue

• Posted

Hi Suedm,

Thankyou for taking the trouble to talk to your friends.  I am going to see the GP nurse tomorrow and I will ask for her help regarding pads.  I know it sounds daft but I hadn't thought about the NHS being able to advise on this.  I have been told that an op could leave me worse off so until it is dire and my exercises don't work at all I think I will be leaving ops alone and maybe increasing the exercises.  Thankyou again.

• Posted

I was told never to use pads. But I can't see what one can do if they are incontinent 

have you tried using pads but having them loosely in knickers and not have them touching vagina.,

also what about using sudocream which is a good baby ointment and would stop any chafing 

it must be very frustrating to be incontinent with LS 

i have LS and a collapsed bladder

i usevDoublebase gel for washing and apply each time after I have been to toilet 

I also take Omega 7 capsules which helps to stop the vaginal dryness 

both these things were recommended by my Gyneocologist 

• Posted

Thanks Janette.  I have explained about my incontinence to suedm but thankyou for your advice.  Unfortunately Sudocrem was making my Ls worse.  Just starting taking Maca to see if that helps with all my probs as well as the oxybutynin.  Yes it  is frustrating.  Hope you never have this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.