Bleeding after menopause

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi

I have been through the menopause and not had a period for more than a year

A few weeks ago I started spotting then heavy bleeding. I went to my GP who didn't say a lot but fast tracked me to a gynaecologist. I no soon got home from my GP appointment and my phone was ringing offering me an appointment for 27th Aoril. I am now really worried

Has anyone out there been / going through this?

Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cuckoogoose, We are walking in each other's shoes! I have been going through the exact same thing. I was a year and ten months since my last period when all of a sudden I got one. Lasted five days. I went to my GP who did an ultrasound which showed some endometrial thickening so she followed that with an endometrial biopsy which, after waiting 2 weeks for results, came back normal. She gave me progesterone to bring on a very heavy period but after having side effects from it I stopped it. I went to a gyn who has scheduled me for another ultrasound which I will be having tomorrow morning. Depending on the results, I'm scheduled for either another biopsy or a D&C. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow but, like you,  I'm also having the back and lower pelvic cramps. I just want it over with!
    • Posted

Hi Pat

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Good luck for tomorrow, please let me know how you get on.

I too want it over with. It's the not knowing which is the worse.

Take care x

• Posted

I agree.....not knowing is the worse!  I also was not happy with my GP so I switched to a really good Gynecologist. It's their specialty!!!! What's very important is that you're happy and comfortable with your doctor! Some have no clue about menopause and try to blame women's symptoms on psychological issues! And if you have a good compassionate doctor he/she won't think you're a nuisance! Oh and just to let you know, my biopsy results also took two weeks to come back so don't despair!! Hope all goes well for you!! We'll all get through this together!! 😉
  • Posted

Ok so I got my results I have a slight thickening of the womb and a 4 cm cyst on my ovary. My blood tests have come back with no tumour markers. Which is all good. The consultant doesn't want to see me again! Hold on! I am still bleeding after more than 2 months. Still suffering back ache and tummy cramps. Still getting sharp pain in my right side. What do I do about this..... Just put up with it?

Any thoughts please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.