Bleeding and pelvic pain from boric acid vaginal suppositories

Edited , 5 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone has had any bleeding and pelvic pain from using boric acid vaginally? I thought i was getting a yeast infection and decided to start on the suppositories. On the third day i noticed a lot of pelvic discomfort and lots of bright red blood. I continued with one more day before the pain and blood were worrisome. So after the fourth day I discontinued using the boric acid and the bleeding stopped but my vulva was very irritated. It was very red, dry and it hurt on the right side of the entrance to my vagina. I did notice that I now have little things on my labia minora that appear to be vestibular papillomatosis. I've been in a relationship for nearly 13 years so I was extremely worried that my partner was unfaithful and I may have contracted an STD... honestly, I'm still a little worried. I will have STD testing done in a few days just so i know but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience using boric acid? thanks so much!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

i have read some bad reviews online about the use of boric acid its actually a poison an has not been proven or trialed in the treatment for bv u should stop using it u may be doing more harm than good its not been proven to treat it just gets rid of the smell for a few days not a long term cure

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you for your reply. I really think the boric acid caused a lot of issues. I'm still going to get tested just to be safe. I'm so uncomfortable and it worries me and has me fearing for the worst

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

u should be ok if u have stopped using it but ye get tested to be sure iv read online it can cause burns and stuff to the outside of the vagina i was going to try it but thought id look into it a bit further before giving it a try after everything i read online i decided just to go bck to the doctors and she gave me some cream to try instead had no side effects with that

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi, I know this thread is a while ago but I have the exact syptoms from using boric acid. Have you figure out whether bleeding/pelvic pain is normal, did you continue to use it?

thanks

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up