Bleeding external hemorrhoid - medical advice

Posted , 21 users are following.

I am a 19 year old male that got my first serious hemorrhoid around a month ago, there was slight bleeding when using the toilet however apart from that with ointment and care the pain subsided.

However three days ago the pain returned as bad as it was last time, yesterday I began bleeding heavily (leaving one pair of underwear ruined) and subsequently I went to my local hospital who said I should see a consultant this morning.

I did that, and he was useless, however confirming it was an external hemorrhoid that had ruptured. I have been booked for a camera in 8 weeks time and his only advice was to change everything about my lifestyle (time to give up all indulgences yay).

It has not stopped bleeding, and even walking from my local supermarket left me having to wash my anus as well as changing my underwear again.

My question is, how long will it take for the bleeding to stop, and is there anything I can do to help stop the bleeding as in my current state I don't want to leave my bed let alone face the prospect of work. I live in the UK so luckily healthcare is free, however I am open to home remedies as well.

Thank you.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is not a diseases. Its due to life style. Change to healty life style and the problem will slow down. Also Homeopathi has wonderful medicine for immediate control.

1. Have 3 litres of water every day. Carry a bottle always with you.

2. Include more of fruits and vegetables.- Cucumber, Radish, Dates, Wheat based etc.

3. Check the fiber rich food items and have.

4. Avoid chicken

5.Have regular exercise ( Some Yoga is ideal for Piles)

6.Do not sit in toilet not more than 3 minuties. Try to come out as quick as possible and do not give pressure to get out the stool. When you have above diel your stool will become soft.

7.When we sit long time, we get the feeling that the stool is coming out but its not stool its piles.

• Posted

Why should you avoid chicken? Is that worse than other kind of meat?
    • Posted

The 6th Point is very Vital to me, Thank you. With wifi in my mobile i use to sit for 15 mins
  • Posted

I have suffered for years with painful and bleeding hemorrhoids. I have changed my diet, I drink less alcohol which has helped a bit. I have tried all the usual over the counter remedy's but nothing seemed to work. Recently I tried a product called Analcare Cream, I read about it on another forum as it seemed to be helping a lot of people. I have to say it really is the best cream out there for hemorrhoids, the bleeding stopped, the pain vanished and the itching disappeared as soon as I applied the cream. The best thing is it lasts all day as it acts as a barrier whilst it is working. I have been using it for just over a week and my hemorrhoids have just about disappeared to nothing. I will keep using it just to make sure they stay away. I really am very impressed with this cream. It is a little more expensive that your usual chemist bought creams but it is natural and I have paid triple this price for other natural remedy's in the past. It is so powerful that I can see this tube lasting me 5 times longer than other products.

Google them, trust me you wont regret it.

Good luck I hope you feel better soon.

smile

• Posted

Very useful comments. I had the problem of a badly bleeding hemorrhoid a couple of days ago and although it's now less bloody, it hasn't stopped. I'm hoping to see my doctor today IF I can get past the new triage system at the surgery where actual appointments to see and talk to a doctor are getting harder and harder to have. Hopefully, my problem is like yours and can be eased or stopped with dietary changes and a simple cream. Thanks again for your reply to Nape93's enquiry. 

• Posted

i checked amazon but dont see it . its called "analcare cream" thats it ? did u buy from a store or specific website?

• Posted

found anacare . guessing thats it . some people gave bad reviews, others good. im scared to see if i react badly to it , but im going to try 
    • Posted

I looked up analcream and all that came up was ana cream....can you be more specific color of tube? where I can get it?
    • Posted

It's a scream. It is a a topical numbing cream.  Nupercanal will numb also.

• Posted

*cream, not scream. Sorry.  My doctor recommended both nupercanal and  Anacream.  Anacream works well for any pain. They should both be otc.
    • Posted

when i searched for analcare cream it took me to P**N site.
    • Posted

hello geoff,

about your condition and the remedy that you used it is the analcare cream that is in color green tube? i have problem with my hemorrhoid it was external and always bleeding for about 5 days.

hoping for your quick responce

thank you

• Posted

• Eat only you are hungry & Chew food with saliva (don’t rush), take your time.

• Eat with lips closed

• Do not talk, watch TV etc.,

• Just focus on eating

• Sit down on the floor or cross leg and eat.

• No water 30 minutes before and after food (just a few teaspoon will do if needed)

• Don’t over eat. Listen to body signals when to stop

Follow above steps and see the diffrence in 3 days.

• Posted

Hello nape93 how are you ?did you see the consultant. Were you diagnosed with hemorrhoids? And what treatment you got?how's your health now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.