Bleeding from the anal area

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have LS from front to back and recently bleeding from the anus on going to the toilet and sometimes with bleeding. After examination my doctor thinks it from the LS due to splitting. Does anyone have a similar experience?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Doreen,

i have had blood when i went to the loo aswell i deffently think it is related this has only happened once to me trick is to keep it moisturised try using eperderm there and when wiping apply it to tissue so its not a dry wipe. x

• Posted

Hi Doreen, it is avalaible on perscription just ask your doctor i so far have just brought mine but nxt time i see doctor i will ask for it on perscription.
  • Posted

I've had that many times. One of a number of reasons I'm not giving up my two cups a coffee a day. It tends to initiate a fairly loose BM, which never causes splitting. I also eat a LOT of fibre. On the rare occasion that I eat a bunch of white bread, it binds and that's a 'pain in the ass'.
    • Posted

I eat loads of fruit and veg but don't drink Coffee. I have started using Dermovate ointment rather than the cream which seems a little bit better
    • Posted

Well, Doreen, I'd be the last person to suggest you get yourself addicted to coffee. I actually haven't had anal fissures in the year since my diagnosis. Clobetasol (Dermovate) seems to work. I haven't particularly been meaning to apply it there, but because I have the big red 'keyhole' area of LS, I go back a good two inches past the anus, so it's been getting regular applications.
  • Posted

Hi Doreen,

I have exactly the same problem.  Was treated by GP for anal fissure but when that didn't help he sent me to a gyno.  By that time, the white keyhole pattern of LS was evident.  She said that indeed it was LS that was the cause of all the problems - thinning and fragile skin so susceptible to cracking.  I do the routine clobetasol twice a week plus constant moisturizing with coconut oil mixed with a dab of celadrin cream. 

• Posted

This seems to be the area from whence everything kicked off in my case.  I have suffered fissures all my adult life.  Lately since LS was diagnosed, I use non steroid emollient  (Double Base Gel) if I know I'm needing the lo and put it on just before in that area.  This makes life a lot more comfortable.

• Posted

Hi Doreen,

Yes, similar experience.  All I can say is: it will pass.  Some gentle care will help and make sure not to get too constipated. 

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for all the comments. I shall use the suggestions and hopefully it will get better. It is helpful to know the reason for the bleeding and that others have had the same experience.
    • Posted

Yeah, its very common. Drink lots of water, eat lots of fibre and don't let yourself get constipated.
  • Posted

Hi Doreen,

I have had bleeding from the anus on occasions.  I try not to freak out, instead use lots of moisturiser - especially before going to the toilet.  Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Doreen,

keeping the bowels 'loose' is not easy for me for some reason.   I consulted a Naturopath who suggested that I add magnesium citrate and acidophilus 

to my routine.  I also now drink fruit or vegetable smoothies 

to which I add Metamucil or psyllium fibre.  I find this a real pain, but if I don't do all this every day, I regret it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.