bleeding/painful gums since ebv infection

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys, its me again with another question. anyone experience bleeding painful gums while dealing w chronic mono?? thanks !

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

my teeth are soooooo sensitive only in the last few weeks and im into month 8 . just awful horrible evil virus

• Posted

.....ditto to what Lori said (except that I am in month 10).....I also have had a white tongue (which is better than it was now but still off) and a feeling that my flora is very unbalanced. I feel like I want to brush my teeth 5 times a day but know that it's not great for my enamel. I am really strict with my diet (including zero sugar). I think the sensitivity in the teeth is more related pressure in the nerve root.....My teeth and mouth were in great shape before this....Nicole, how long have you had the virus?

• Posted

...just to add....I am hopeful that we can get through this. I also had burning mouth syndrome at the beginning which is 80% better now. Things do change for the better.....positive thinking is also really helpful, not just 'woowoo' pseudo science....I know how hard this is, believe me, but it does help as worn down as we all are....hang in there ladies! x

• Posted

im a full year in, and yes i have the white tongue too!!! my teeth arent sensitive its more my gums. this virus is something else

• Posted

actually, yes, it's really more my gums than my teeth as well.....yes, this virus is craziness....

• Posted

i think this virus just aggravates all your nerve endings and we are all probably grinding teeth due to the stress of this whole nightmare .

i know positive thinking helps but its oh so hard when you feel physically and mentally exhausted. bored and just so damn fed up of this virus!

• Posted

youre 1 year in have things at least started to improve for you ? i went worse month 6 7 and now 8th hope this is a sign im beating this evil monster!

• Posted

Oh I do hope for some real improvement for you soon Lori, keeping you in my prayers and still believing God is working behind the scenes right now and even if your recovery can't be seen in manifestation yet, God's working on it and going to bring it into fruition I truly believe that.

Thinking of you and remember you WILL get through this and be well again. You really will.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Nicole, just wondering how you have been feeling today and to let you know still thinking about you and rooting for you. As Lori and Dominika says this virus can do so many weird things and remember not to panic as it is most likely just a symptom that will settle with time - teeth grinding is something I do also Lori.

Remember Nicole have no hesitation to keep going to the doctor / dentist when things not great, that's what they're there for, and sometimes what helps me is just going along with family member or friend or someone you trust for that support and back-up, going on your own can sometimes be daunting when not feeling at all great I know.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig ...im suffering so badly praying to GOD its over soon ... cant take much more .

• Posted

thank you craig. i started a new diet. clean eating and no gluten. also a regimine of supplements. after 3 days of doing it i havent had any pains so im guessing its working. and yes i plan on seeing the dentist soon as my gums hurt every time i brush. thank you for thinking of me!! Hope your well.

• Posted

no. however i have periods where i am 95% painfree. then get run down or stressed and the virus comes out again. and its crazy because all herpes infections act this way. they come out when your immune system is low. my goal lately is managing stress and getting this virus out of my body. im sick of it

• Posted

I also notice a reduction in symptoms when i go gluten free. I have bn doing a mon to thur gluten free and more relaxed fri to sun.

Hope to be completely gluten free soon.

• Posted

what sort of pain did you guys experience?

The pain I have had is lower back and hip pain which I notice everytime I get stressed or don't sleep well.

The other symptom that always comes when i have the back and hip pain is eye floaters and blurred vision. Not sure how these are related but I always get them at the same time. Anyone else?

I see quite a few people complain abt headaches however I have not had any headaches with this virus.

• Posted

Agreeing fully with you in that prayer of yours Lori, in Jesus' name.

Craig

• Posted

Good luck with the new diet, healthy eating and supplements Nicole. Remember just do what you can it's not easy to make so many big changes at once so even if only making smaller changes at a time and just doing your best remember that's okay too. Good luck with the dentist too, hoping so much they can offer some good advice and reassure you that there is nothing to worry about.

This is very normal Nicole during recovery that you can maybe feel a little more settled and then stress, pressure or extra activity seems to unsettle you and cause some of the symptoms to come to the surface again. Just want to reassure that it won't always be like that, that your body strength and resilience does come completely back again over time, so don't be discouraged if these kind of mini setbacks occur, and remember they are only going to be temporary and mini setbacks and just get extra rest and be kind to yourself if or when that kind of thing happens.

And most importantly remember you ARE going to get FULLY better Nicole. I still truly believe that and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too. Remember just take it one day at a time and if you can talk to those close to you about how you've been feeling.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Kay,

Hoping so much these aches and pains can settle, remember there are glands all over your body, and in particular anything in the chest, spleen, armpit, groin, neck areas can certainly be down to glands. But beyond this I just had the joint and muscle aches, particularly later on Kay and it came before full recovery, so hoping that these pains can be a sign that your body is working to kick this thing out for good and is on the verge of getting on top of it once and for all.

Good luck with gluten free for everyone, it's not easy for sure I tried gluten free bread once and couldn't really persist with it, so even if it's not possible to go completely that way just any healthy improvements to diet / cutting out sugary things where possible is a positive step in the right direction (something I'm not very good at myself I eat too many sweets and chocolate).

Craig

• Posted

Gluten free is difficult to maintain Craig - that is why I am currently only doing it for part of the week.

I totally get you on the gluten free bread - to date I have only found one that was nearly edible. I am not a big bread eater in general so I find this abit bearable.

Yes, I also had some slight joint and muscle aches but I had put these down to the fatigue. I still have it some days but it is not as bad as it was. I remember the days that even a short walk made me so fatigued and I felt like I was moving in slow motion all the time - not to mention the jelly legs. I still have the odd day when I feel like this is.

• Posted

Hi Kay,

I really understand the slow motion feeling and jelly legs......let's be patient with our bodies and believe we can get there....I want nothing more than to work out again. Keep us posted on you progress....I think we are in the same boat...

Kiki x

• Posted

i too have weak legs and move so slowly ...glad to hear thats improved after being big runner its weird not even being able to walk

• Posted

no headaches for me but a million other symptoms including the fatigue insomnia and weak legs and body . the mental anguish of all this is the worst !

• Posted

That definitely sound wise Kay to just do the gluten free in stages or for part of the week, I know for sure I would struggle. It's far better for everyone to take small, gradual and manageable steps in improving diet / lifestyle rather than trying to do everything 100% all at once, lasting for a few days or even weeks and then just falling completely back because it's too hard to maintain! Have fallen into that trap before!!

Still definitely believing that a full recovery is on its way for you Lori, Kiki and Kay and that 2019 is the year of recovery for everyone here!

Craig

• Posted

It hits you even harder for sure Lori when you've been a fit and active person and find that you need to step back completely from those things for a while - that was very tough for me too. Just want you to keep remembering it's temporary though and you will get back to these things with time! I know it doesn't change how you feel at the moment though, thinking about you.

Can't remember what thread of the forum it was on, but mentioned yesterday in one of the posts about Michael Johnson, the Olympic athlete, who always seemed to me to be super-human in the Usain Bolt kind of mode (even though of course none of us are!) - how it took him 15 minutes to walk 200m after his stroke and how someone with such a super fit and healthy lifestyle had to adapt to learning to walk again - but he got there and is getting there after a few months I think and just something to inspire us to keep going and remember that life is precious and to keep trusting God and seeking His help!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig.

In a few months time let's hope we are all better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.