bleeding/painful gums since ebv infection

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys, its me again with another question. anyone experience bleeding painful gums while dealing w chronic mono?? thanks !

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hmmm.. i dont think i ever made the connection to mono but now that i do think about it i remember a couple times where my gums were a little more sore or sensitive when i was sick in the summer.. could be linked for sure. this virus does weird stuff to you!

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

It's hard for me to remember exactly as it was so long ago I had the virus, but I do remember having some issues with my throat and I definitely think it can be very normal to have issues with your mouth and gums like you have been having unfortunately. Just remember that various phases can come and go when going through the cycle of mono and hoping so much this is just a short-term phase you are having with these mouth / gum issues. Do keep in check with the doctor / dentist though, always wise to do that for sure, and herbs like oregano can be good for mouth kind of issues I think I remember reading before.

I still believe you are going to get fully over this and better Nicole, I know you must be so tired, fed up and weary - just remember it can very often be well into the second year before people start to see real improvement, the deep worry and lows and depression it can bring are awful Nicole and I am thinking about you. This thing won't last forever, I truly believe that and have read so many stories on here of people who got completely better after still being in the grip of the awful symptoms at the same stage you are at, at just over a year or so.

Hoping for a settled week and that the gum bleeding can settle down - remember this kind of thing can be so common with many things and in most cases passes without anything to worry about, but I know it's so distressing to have to go through so many horrible symptoms and thinking about you Nicole - hang in there things WILL improve with time.

Craig

• Posted

I occasionally have bleeding gums, sensitive teeth plus white coating on tongue but didn't think they were related to mono.

• Posted

my gums have beheld mainly when I brush my teeth or in my sleep. My whole mouth seems messed up. I get regular ulcers and have noticed the white patched area on my tongue. Also get bit of a sore throat very now and then. Feeling very run down at the moment. Have visited the doctors this morning and discussed my blood results from back in june. He showed me a reading of 81, where I should be between 83 to 101 which is why I've been told I'm slightly aneamic. He told me the shape of my blood cells is just slightly below the recommended amount too. Going back down the doctors in 30 minutes to give blood, so I have can all my tests 're done and he said they will discuss the results with me in more detail. He has given me a form for health and mind so I can talk to someone, but I said I don't believe I'm having issues with my mental health.....I just feel sick, physically.....but I never really got any advice what to do. It's so frustrating. Once I get my blood results, aslong as there is nothing too sinister, I'll take them to a naturapath and go down the supplement root. Even though I've tried that already, I've only done it on my own research.

• Posted

yes thats the best you can do ...keep getting the blood tests to see where youre at . i just had mine redone and my ebv wasnt much lower which i was hoping for 😦

i take all the supplements not sure if theyre helping as this virus is so strong but going to continue anyway.

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

Hope so much these blood tests can give hope and put your mind at rest with things. I really do know what you mean about getting blood test results and often feeling you have to look into results / research yourself because the information you seem to get from doctors is often minimal and not really giving you much direction how to move forward with things.

Sounds like a good idea for sure to see a naturopath. Recently I seen one that did food testing after seeing a post from Kiki, they were able to see from simple test which foods I needed to try to avoid and give some other ideas / suggestions in terms of supplements and things too.

Hope you are doing okay and can get those test results soon Dodge, thinking about you and let us know how you get on.

Craig

• Posted

I did a food intolerance test where they test a hair sample. I am very skeptical about this test but I am still following some of the guidelines.

It showed that I was intolerant to wheat, cheddar, noodles, sesame, chocolate...among others.

It also showed that I was deficient in vitamin c, one of the b vitamins - can't remember which one now, zinc, vitamin e.

• Posted

Know what you mean Kay, I also a little skeptical about that too but thought no harm really in giving it a go I suppose. Any positive advice in terms of diet and food is always good, it's the applying it I find the hard part!

sounds a bit silly I know sometimes just helps me to feel like I'm trying something new to give some new hope, but hoping and praying anything we try can align with God's will and have His blessing on it from here on in.

Winter is tough to get through Kay, and can feel impossibly hard when going through a hard time in life. Praying that God willing that by the time spring comes things will be a better and healthier place for us all.

Craig

• Posted

Absolutely Craig. We will all be ok in the new year. We have to believe that. One thing I learned in a course on vibration/frequency i have been doing with a therapist is that "believing is seeing" not the other way around. So, we have to believe something will happen and it will. It all comes down to positive mindset.

Harder to put in practise I know, but with baby steps we will get there.

• Posted

Definitely Kay believing is so important, and not easy to keep believing when things go on for so long I know. But we're still here Kay God still has a plan for us and we can be sure it's a good plan from what God tells us - so we definitely must hold onto that hope! As you say one step at a time, I know it's a cliche but very true and even if it takes longer to take certain steps than others, not to give up or get discouraged because we will get there!

Craig

• Posted

So my blood test results have not been as expected. I got a call last night from the NHS but missed it. So I went into a massive panic as they do not normally contact you unless something is wrong. Just been down the doctors for the results and the lab technician noticed something in my blood and did an extra test for cholesterol. My readings are doing very high. So I've just had to give more blood for secondary infections like diabetes and problems with pancreas. I also need to do a 16 hour fast and give more blood tomorrow as the lunch I had yesterday could of eelevated my results. The doctor inspected my tummy which is fine, my blood pressure and general readings are all normal. Before I got I'll back in March i used to drink a lot, but haven't touched any alvohol since...which is a main contributor to high cholesterol. Anyway, this has nothing to do with glandular fever or how I feel so run down today...so just something extra I have to deal with. The good news is I'm no longer aneamic and all my blood tests which they originally tested for are normal. What a drama.

• Posted

Sorry to hear dodge. I will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

• Posted

Oh goodness Dodge,

I hope so much that the second blood test can help put your mind at rest, it's awful when test results send you into an emotional rollercoaster and just the worst thing I wouldn't wish anyone to have to go through.

Hoping that there is nothing more to it than the high cholesterol- remember with high cholesterol it is something that can change over time, most blood tests I've had in the last few years have shown my cholesterol as border line slightly higher than it should be, but this last few tests have shown it has come down to within more normal range. You've done the right thing cutting down alcohol and that's quite a period you've done it for now so something you should be pleased about for sure and can only help in the long run! So many people have high cholesterol so although it's something to of course consider and try to change diet and things, it definitely is something that can improve and be controlled I think with medication too perhaps if really high? (not 100% sure just thinking that is possibly / hopefully the case?).

Keep us posted Dodge and thinking about you - hang in there stay strong you will get through this and still believing 100% you are going to get through this and be well again.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much Craig. My results are showing that all my organs are working fine. No diabetes, issues with my pancreas or my liver. They did check my cholesterol again and it was still very high. Have given some more blood this morning to get an accurate fasting reading. It looks like I will have to take medication for it. My actual body is in good shape, I'm not over weight or unfit (apart from suffering with glandular fever) but perhaps my previous liefstyle has taken its toll....so I now need to get in order before it's too late. In regards to my glandular feversymptoms my doctor said there isn't much I can do and that my body will repair it itself. She said she will contact The chronic fatigue for me, but doesn't believe they will be able to help me yet, will most likely only recommend graded exercise, which is what I'm currently doing anyway.

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

That is good news that everything else seems to be doing well in the blood tests other than the cholesterol. And don't beat yourself up about previous lifestyle or anything, I know for many people that of course is a factor but not always - I am not overweight by any means and don't smoke or drink and used to be very active exercise wise but still my cholesterol was over the limit, sometimes it is something I think that can run in families as was similar for my gran too I think who same isn't overweight and hasn't lived unhealthy lifestyle.

Just sounds like one of those horrible times Dodge where it just seems to have a number of things hit all at once, it's so hard I know. You will get there though and over the glandular fever and back to full health too with the cholesterol managed too. I'm sure you're sick of me and others saying it but with this thing time really is the major key - things will get better over time and it's awful to live through and isn't much comfort when dealing with such severe symptoms over a period of longevity I know. I guess just trying to take the mindset that things maybe might not be great just now but that this is just an awful and in the grand scheme of life temporary situation that will pass, and of course I say that in no way at all to belittle it because it's so severe and debilitating and hard to cope with I know. But it does and will get better - hang in there Dodge and let us know how you get on with the other fasting blood tests too, hoping these can offer more encouragement as well.

Craig

• Posted

No thanks again Craig....I will never get sick of it, I really appreciate your help and words of encouragement. One thing I truly believe in is having a positive mindset and having someone just to talk to or listen to really helps. You are a star on this forum and should be really proud of yourself. I know you are having a tough time too and really hope you get better soon and live the life you deserve. My fasting results are much better But my trygcerlytes or whatever they are called is too high still....so I'm going to take medication and diet for 2 weeks to see if I can get them down. The hospital has said that my other symptoms with glandular fever could have some kind of relation to it but they are not sure, so by taking this medicine it might help. I know there is no relation between the two, but the I guess everythi g is connected to each other in some way...like the head bone is connected to the shoulder bone etc. But regardless I need to get these levels down, so happy to try anything. Glandular fever itself has made me realise not to take anything for granted and try and look after yourself as much as possible. Hopefully the healthy eating itself will help with a number of things.

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

I really appreciate your kind words and best wishes for me too, sometimes I feel like I am alright at coming on and trying to give words of help or wisdom to others but most definitely not so good at taking these on board myself - so I know how difficult it is and certainly empathise with going through mental and physical struggles also.

You're so right that a positive mindset makes such a difference, it's something I've not been as good at lately as I could for sure. Definitely having someone to talk to or listen is a great help, I've been so lucky that I've got good family and friends who have stood by me and bore burdens with me and I'm grateful for that, as well as you and all the people on the forum here who have done the same. It means a lot and just to have people to turn to that can listen and empathise is a tremendous source of comfort, encoragement and help.

Hoping that this medication can help settle things down over the next couple of weeks Dodge, and that these blood test results have put your mind at rest a little even if not fully. Glandular fever messes so much with your body, the best description I think I could give it is like a physical breakdown - in the same mould as a mental breakdown - where your physical body gets pushed over the edge and for a while just the smallest thing offsets it and is difficult to cope with. It's an awful and frightening experience, but you will get better Dodge, based on my own experience and where I was with it and how things improved over time and got back to full health (thanks to God) and also from reading the recovery stories of many others too - you definitely will get there Dodge and you're so right it puts a new perspective on things and makes you grateful for your health when it returns - and it will!!

Of course do let us know how things go over the next couple of weeks with this medication Dodge and continuing to keep you in my thoughts / prayers and to believe you will get there with this.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.