Bleeding prostate

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everyone, I just wonder if anyone may have some ideas or suggestions about my problem.

I am 55 years old, in May 2015 I began to suffer from blood in urine (haematuria) and blood in semen (hematospermia) along with abdominal pain.   As 2015 progressed I also developed urinary problems.

I have since had ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI, blood tests, urine tests, cystoscopy twice and been on duodart medication for 4 months.

My prostate was not so large only about 40 cc but very vascularised.

I was offered a TURP by the public hospital but instead undertook a PAE as part of a clinical trial in April 2016. 

It took me a while to notice any improvement but for a few months I had better urinary function and evidence of blood in urine or semen, with the size of the prostate reducing to 30 cc.

However, over the past few weeks the blood has returned heavily in the semen although only occasionally a tiny amount when urinatiing.  Urinary function is still ok.

The interventional radiologist ssays that although the left and right arteries to the prostate were blocked during the PAE, another artery has now branched off from elsewhere and is feeding the prostate.

I now have an option to have a repeat PAE or to have a TURP (which I am trying to avoid if possible).  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice regarding procedures, medications, herbs, etc.?

Has anyone had a severe bleeding of the prostate similar to myself, how did you deal with the issue?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You should consider having pae done by an experienced radiologist. I had mine done by dr bagla

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.