Blephaclean wipes. Any thoughts?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I just bought blephaclean wipes in the pharmacy and just wondering if anyone else had used them and if they found them any good? I paid €11.00 for 20 wipes. I wouldn't mind paying it if they. Did good. 

I have never tried the wet ones but I after I bought these I saw wer ones and sensitive wet ones I couldn't see the ingredients (no glasses on).

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Myopia is the [ancient] Greek work for nearsightedness.

Maxitrol and Lotemax are both steroid eye drops and I'm surpirsed you can buy them without prescription.  They should only be used under supervision from a doctor.  

Their use can cause glaucoma and cataracts.

• Posted

I am getting them on prescription. I am using them very sparingly and I am under the supervision of a consultant. I only use them when I can't get control with the hylo forte drops and the usual cleAning routine. I specifically asked if this was ok and was told that I need to be sensible using them . Which I am.  I get regular checks. I had a prescription in May and again this week. That's a space of 3 months, and I only used for a day or 2 this week . 
    • Posted

I'm glad!  I got the feeling that some people were just buying them OTC.
    • Posted

No, I haven't bought them over the counter.  I've been given prescriptions from two different consultants at the hospital and was wary about using them.  Hence, I looked up contraindications etc... before committing myself.  I found a great website which had all of the possible medication that could be used for bleph and Hylo Forte and Lotemax came out as most favourable of the things that I was given.  I don't actually think it's possible to get them without going to the hospital.
  • Posted

Janmin, can you provide the active ingredients in these wipes?  We don't have them in our pharmacies, but may have a similar product if I knew what was in them?  Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi Lori

To be honest I haven't used them more than once or twice.the ingredients as listed are; aqua, PEG-8, Poloxamer 184, polysorbate 20, Caprylic glycine, PEG-6. Caprylic/glycerides glycerides, centella asiatica extract. Alcohol. Dispotassium phosphate, sodium hydroxide, Iris florentina root extract. Potassium phosphate. Zinc sulfate, PPG-5 Cateth-20, Retinyl palmitate, Sodium hyaluronate.   

None of this means anything to me. I have just used them on my eyes. My eyes are quite sore today as I was crying earlier ( received bad news today which thankfully turned out to be not so bad) I think they have actually irritated my eyes. I feel like cleaning them again and putting on Vaseline . Hope this Is of some use to you

Regards

Janet 

• Posted

Janmin, the one thing I noticed right away is that these wipes do not have benzalkonium, or benzocaine or rescorcinol in them that the wet wipes and Lanacaine do.  The wipes do contain zinc sulfate which is used for diaper rash!  I'm going to try and google some of these ingredients and see what comes up.  But I'm no chemist!!  The benzalkonium in the wet wipes is an antesceptic from what I can gather on the internet and can be found in vagisil, hand sanitizers, and also bactine apparently.  I'm not sure about using some of these products near one's eye's, but we're grabbing at straws here!!  Whatever rescorcinol is, the interent says it's for psoriasis and eczema at least.  Well . . .if I come up with anything meaningful, I'll post it!

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.