Blepharitis for 2 years

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all. I'd like to write my story from the beginning. In 2011 , I was using contact lenses for months which were able to stay in the eye for maximum 20 days and lenses could stay in the eye even during the sleep time.In summer two styes in my left upper eyelid came out and they turned to cyst.After the cysts I decided not to use these contact lenses anymore because of that I thought lenses were the reason.

Cysts stayed in my eyelid for 5 or 6 months and there were no Blepharitis during this period.After 5 months , doctors decided to do surgery.Surgery was a little bit successful , they managed to take one cyst and the other cyst was not completely discharged , little part of it was still there.I have to mention that my blepharitis started immediately after the surgery.I thought that the reason is maybe caused by this cyst and I went to another doctor.He did cortisone injection into cyst but it did not help neither.However , last year a doctor who is very successful in her area made a operation and cyst is completely discharged.I thought that my blepharitis symptoms could be gone due to this operation but it did not.I have " anterior blepharitis " which is caused by staphylococcus and white things in acne form come out in my upper eyelid and they are so painful.I should tell that my blepharitis is in just left eye and my right eye has always been ok.Now I gave up going to doctors and I am researching every treatment options online.

So far , the options for me are :

- Wet Ones ( I ordered it from Amazon as recommended by lynda79 )

- Manuka Honey ( Some people said that it is effective. )

- Candida Diet ( Some people talk about that the reason may be caused by Candida Albicans )

- Tea Tree Oil

- Anti-Inflammatory Diet

I will try every option because of that I am exhausted of decline in my life quality , doing warm compresses and useless eye cleansing methods.By the way , sorry for length of my text and my English.I am Turkish and I live in Turkey so Turkish resources in internet are narrow. I would appreciate you for any help. I will report the results when I apply these solution options.

Love , Boran.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Boran,

When I googled Blepharitis is said it was caused by Staphylococcus. When I googled the word Quats (that is what Benzethonium Chloride and Benzalkonium Chloride are) it said it kills Staphylococcus.

I learned this after killing it as some were allergic to the wipes. Some people who are allergic to shampoo, detergents, hand wipes or fabric softeners cannot use it.

I tore the wipes into 8 sections so that only a small amount went over my finger and rubbed on the outside of the eyes (eyelash area). They do not go in the eye.

Hope this information helps you can be sure and google for yourself the information.

Wish you relief soon.

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Boran,

I forgot to mention something. I did not rinse my eyes after using the wipes.

Later I found this information on Quats and it explains why that helped to kill the Blepharitis.

"However, even in the case of these relatively easy to kill pathogens quats often require a contact time upwards of 10 minutes to do so."

However, if you get some in your eyes use eye lubrication drops or rinse eyes out.

Hope this helps you.

Lynda79

• Posted

Okey Lynda thanks , I will remember this and I hope I am not allergic to these wipes , we'll see. 
  • Posted

I wonder if there is correlation between fungus like candida albicans and my blepharitis type.In Internet , some sites mentioned about this posibbility.I dont know what to do , really.How can I understand if it is caused by fungus ? Doctors said that it is not caused by fungus but I don't trust them. 
  • Posted

Dear Boran,

I have Candida and still was able to kill it. After killing it I found out that it was a Staphylococcus infection and the hand wipes kill Staphylococcus.

We have Staphylococcus on our eyes all the time from what I read. The dry eyes play a big part in not being able to wash the normal bacteria out of the eyes.

Keeping the eyes clean 2 times a day after you kill it off seems to keep it from being a run away infection. Usually, for women, old mascara or makeup can bring bacterial to the eyes. Soap, bar type, can have stuff on it too.

Some people have the problem in one eye. If it was Candida wouldn't it always be 2 eyes. I had it in one eye and I put it in the other eye.

It is killable and soon an antibiotic that acts just like the wipes will be out. It will take a couple of years.

Remember Ulcers were incurable. A Dr. said it was bacterial and they did not believe him. He infected himself and cured himself with an antibiotic. It was just too easy to be true. Same here.

Hope this helps.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi boran 42826, I to have Bletharitis. The doctor tried to tell me I had conjunctavitis, so hence I started looking elsewhere for answers. I was told to use the traditional blue wet ones, nothing, then I read to wash my eyes in Johnsons baby shampoo. The eyelids felt better but I still had watery eyes. I now use Stirilid, which is an eye wash foam and then Bepanthen antiseptic cream (not the baby cream)on my sore eye lids. The eyelids still get sore sometimes but my eyes don't water anymore, which is fantastic because when my eyes water all the time the skin under my eyes were getting dry and itchy as it was like I was crying all of the time. I hope this helps. Claire

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.