Blepharitis- I cured it and am so relieved

Posted , 61 users are following.

Hi 

I’m just posting this because I know how awful Blepharitis is and how debilitating this condition is. 

I don’t how it started I just remember waking up in the mornings with pink eyes my right eye more pink than my left. The lower lash line also red I looked tired and as if I’d been crying all the time . I thought I was just tired then I noticed my eyelids and inner eye corners itching like hell. I was always rubbing my eyes. This horrible feeling always there led to to my eyes actually feeling dirty and itchy and my sight seemed blurry and the foreign body sensation was so horrible, and it was all the time. My eyes just randomly went red and then pink and then red but never back to a nice white eyeball. I finally reached my wits end by then I was fed up depressed and walking around with a really angry red eye that was not getting better. I went to the doctor and she sent me home with allergy eyedrops. No improvement went back came home with steroid drops used them for two weeks ....no improvement. By this time I had red small puffy swollen eyes and I was finding my self looking at them throughout the day. Almost obsessed it’s all I could think about so back I went this time to eye a&e. Six hours later I’m told I should never have been taking steroid drops and that I had Blepharitis and mgd. Prescribed dry eye drops and warm compresses and lid hygiene ie. baby shampoo !! Told I had it for life and I was devasted. 

Was I really meant to deal with what they called a minor condition for life , surely they couldn’t be so casual about this, it’s a condition that affects your life so much.

Refused to accept it but started with the programme they had advised. The warm compress made it worse eyes more puffy and pink. The eye drops only helped for a short time. I felt sick everytime I looked in a mirror and I looked in the mirror a lot , a vicious circle of discomfort and worry.

Then I Was visiting my mum one day and was whinging about my eyes she also had noticed the state of them. 

She went to the cupboard and pulled out just a jar Of standard normal honey. She said I’m going to put this on your eyes and it’s going to sting for about 5 minutes. I refused I said are you crazy things are bad enough as it is. Even the odd eye lash had started to come out nowadays. 

She scolded me she said back in the days in India they didn’t go to doctors or buy expensive drops and scrubs they just whacked some honey in thier eyes. I did know my mum does this and my dad and have been for years and years for just general eye health. So I thought what the hell let’s just do it. She took a metal eye liner stick (you get them in Indian kajol bottles ) she disinfected it took a spoon of honey out of the jar doused the metal thing in it and then she swiped across my lower lash line as if applying kajol and then swiped some across the eye lid too and then she practically massaged it all over my eyes. 

The stinging and burning was horrendous, oh my days it was so uncomfortable I couldn’t open my eyes they were watering so much. When I could open them for a second I had a hand mirror in front of me and all I could see was pink eyes. I remember screaming mum what have you done. I can’t see there going red !

She laughed and said stay like that for 15 minutes then go wash them with a clean flannel one for each eye. 

15 minutes later I washed my eyes and omg the relief it immediately felt better , and no pink eyes. And most amazingly of all my eyes looked like glass and felt so good and omg my vision felt so clear..... it felt like a new lease of life.

I carrried on and to this day I still do it once a week. My eyes are white clear and shiny my lashes are think and back to how they used to be. I have no problems now. I wear eye make up all the time but I make sure my eyes are clean and everything is off properly before bedtime.

I don’t use my dry eye drops anymore I don’t need them I cancelled my repeat prescription from the doctors.

My mum also gave me some kind of other thing to wash my eyes with apparently they use in India for inflamed eyes I have to chop a bit of it off mix it in water and let it foam up then I wash my eyelids with it rinse off and done I do that about twice a week.  

All I can say is I know how hard this situation is I know first hand how it affects you menatally and pysically. And if anyone’s was worse than mine then I don’t even want to think how you manage. I just want people who have Blepharitis to just please try honey , seriously , it’s an ancient old remedy used in India. And stick with it it stings it burns but once that subsides the relief is just so amazing.

Thanks mum I always turn my nose up at your herbal remedies but mums know what they’re talking about ! 

Please try honey ! And all of those suffering from Blepharitis...don’t give up don’t let it get you down , do something about it that’s not text book advice from just the doctors. Because if I hadn’t listened to my mum right now I would probably be still popping drops in through out the day buying eyelid wipes shampoos and god knows what else because I am one of those people who doesn’t give up and I would probably have been trying any product on the market to just make it better. 

It’s never come back, but I do my honey thing once a week no matter what and if I have a special occasion , just to get those eyes bright white and sparkly. 

Wishing you all the will power to keep going until you find what works for you.

17 likes, 142 replies

142 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I will try this.  Thank you for sharing. The Wet Ones were a miracle cure for me, but recently after a sinus infection, they are not giving me relief.  I will try the honey and let you know the results.

• Posted

I just tried honey on my eyes (regular honey since my Manuka had aloe in it). It stung at first but after I washed it off, my eyes  feel better.   I will continue the Wet Ones, but will keep using the honey too.  How many times a day/week do you use the honey.  Thank you for sharing.
  • Edited

Hi,I cant tell if you used it just on the lid or in the eye? Also are we talking about organic honey? Thanks
    • Posted

I agree I think doctors just tell you how to manage it and that’s about it 

Dawn I’m so glad you also discovered the honey I agree go honey 🍯 the doctor told me I had a chronic condition for life very casually and sent me home with a prescription for Hylo Forte and a list of products that may “help” reduce symptoms ....the wipes they were suggesting were $30 for something like 30 wipes and they want me to use them twice a day  ???!! .. ...you CAN get rid of it 

Dawns appointment confirms you can get rid of it ...you just need to find what works for you. 

I basically just use normal honey it’s not Manuka I just started buying the one my mum used on me. 

I use q tips I get 2 q tips one for each eye top and bottom lash line - do not use the same twice. 

I dip the q tips in sterile water first just to steralise but also make sure the fibres are not sticking up or loose on the q tip 

Then I put a sterile spoon into the honey take a bit out. Take one end of the q tip dip it in the honey and then gently pull down my lower eye lid. I swipe the q tip across from inner corner of my eye to the end of my lash line covering my lashes and my water line .Now the bottom lash line is covered in honey same as I would wear eyeliner . Then flip the q tip to the other side dip it in the honey and close my eye and swipe it across my top lash line. Throw that q tip away and then use the other q tip to do the same on the other eye.

Now blink a few times as the honey makes its way basically around that whole area the stinging sensation will start ..then the burning 

I actually rub my eyes gently at this point to get it all spread nicely. Then I let it sting and burn . I’ve gotten use to it it’s not nice but the result is worth it .Then once the stinging subsides and I can open my eyes I just carry on with what I was doing and let the honey sit on my eyes.

About 15 minutes later I wash it off. And that’s it. Your eyes might be a little pink but by time I wash it off they just look white healthy and sparkly.

Try it ....and please let everyone know how you get on. I wish I had discovered this forum before the help and support here is amazing and encouraging. 

I’d like to hope had my mum not done the honey thing I would have ended up here on this forum anyway and found support and hope and a solution !

• Posted

Lee - it’s just regular honey the jar says forest dark honey - it’s a very dark brown rich colour. 

I’ve got my eye test coming in a couple of weeks so I was looking online to see if anyone has ever been told it’s gone and I came across this forum and It’s so encouraging to hear some people have been told it’s gone 😊👍

• Edited

Being that its sticky,is it hard to wash off?
  • Edited

Thank you, I also have improved my blepharitis using manuka honey. I put it on and leave it for 15 min., then rub in for 3 min., then rinse.  I put it on both lash lines and my eyelid.  But I have to do it every other night.  I did it 2x/day in the beginning, but not just every other night.  Can you please tell me what your mother gave you to mix with water that you wash your face with 2x/week?  My 3 kids have it (must be contagious?) and I need a remedy for them. I can't do the honey on them, stings too bad.

Thank you!!

• Edited

Hi checked with my mum what it is ....It’s just tree tea oil soap she gets it from the local Indian herbal store. 

But I’m sure any herbal place should sell it too 😊 it might be easier to use on little kids than honey 

I’ve had my appointment today and the ophthalmologist has told me to continued with my routine even though he can see no Blepharitis or mdg present currently 😊👍

• Posted

Just saw you did respond, please disregard my other message.  Thank you so much!  Will try the soap too.
  • Posted

I am so happy for you.....I still do honey three times per week and a hot rag on my eyes for 10 minutes twice per day to keep my eyes happy....been doing this for two years now....eyes great!!!  

You must be floating on cloud nine.....have a GREAT day!!!

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Nice to meet you! How are you doing? Are you still Blepharitis free?

I have been following your story and read all your posts - you have inspired me to get Manuka Honey, I have just ordered mine.

I know you had posterior Blepharitis (which you said you cured). How about your meibomian gland? Are they still giving you any trouble or have all your eye troubles disappeared with curing blepharitis. Or - have you managed to unclog your glands with the honey treatment?

Thanks in advance for your wise words.

Best

• Posted

Hi Susi,

My eyes are completely normal. I don't even think about it anymore. After my cure I continued to do the honey treatment once per day for about a year. Then I went to doing it three times a week for about 6 months. Now I put one teaspoon honey in one tablespoon boiled water in a dark dropper bottle. I keep the bottle in the refrigerator. I put one drop in each eye three times per week. I continue to put a hot wet rag on my eyes in the morning and evening to release the oils for my meibomian glands. The honey treatment will not unclogged your glands. It just kills the bacteria in your eyes. The clogged glands will always need maintenance. I believe it is hormonal. But I wear eye makeup and, again, my eyes feel completely normal. I am happy you are going to try the honey. I hope you get the cure.....

Dawn

• Posted

Thanks so much Dawn for your words of encouragement. I really need to hear it. I admire you for going ahead with this treatment whilst you had no guarantees of success. And I also believe one has to be persistent and stick with 1 type of treatment and routine to start seeing results. I do believe in the Manuka honey. Its the most potent antibiotic in the world and kills MRSA virus as the only antibiotic in the world.

A question to ask - I know you continued to have symptoms throughout your treatment but persisted, but when did you notice the first improvement and then a noticeable improvement?

Also, I get a shooting and stabbing pain in my eye, just one eye, did you get that as well? Dr said my eye is healthy, despite me experiencing this pain (popped in yesterday as was worried about the stabbing pain). What were your symptoms throughout your first 6 months of honey treatment?

How did you manage at work? I work with PC all day which makes this worse. Did you use any eye drops alongside honey to combat the dryness of the eyes (when treating with honey).

Thanks so much for your help.

• Posted

Dear Susi,

It has been four years since I went through that experience so I may not recall exactly how long it took for my symptoms to clear. But I know my swelling went down. I would wake up with mucus in my eyes so bad I couldn't open them without warm water. That started to get less and less after about a month. The crust in my lashes lasted a long time.....seemed to take forever before that went away. But I thought that when all the crusting was gone I was probably close to a cure. I had the stabbing eye pain and itching. I think I noticed the itching went away first after about a month.....just got less frequent. I did not use anything in my eyes but the honey. However, I did have dry eyes. I started taking one teapsoon of olive oil or walnut oil three times per day....drank water....and my dry eyes went away. I stay at home so it made it easier to do the treatments. I did not wear eye makeup as much as possible during those months. Hope this helps....

Dawn

• Posted

Dear Dawn,

That is incredible, 4 years, amazing result! Please think of me tonight, I will put the manuka honey on and leave it on tonight.

Last question for today I promise, what amount of honey you used for each eye? And how dis you split it between top and bottom eyelid?

Thanks so much again.

Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

I put the honey in a dark separate container so I didn't have to dip into the main container so much. I ordered Nail Tees by Fran Wilson from Amazon to apply the honey to my lids. They have cotton on both ends. So I used two tees. Never double dip into the honey or anything with blepharitis. If you don't have the tees, just take about 1/2 teaspoon out and using your fingers spread the honey on the inner side of your top lashes then over the top of your upper lashes like eyeliner. Then put honey on your lower lashes at the roots.....you can use qtips. Wait 15 minutes....then rub the honey into your eyes.....this will sting like fire for exactly three minutes. Your eyes will be red and water. Now rinse your eyes or just wipe the tears and let the residue stay on all night. I have had some people say leaving the honey on all night irritated their eyes. I did not have that experience. Get up tomorrow and repeat.....do it again tomorrow night. Do this for six months....no skipping! I used gloves when I administered the honey because I didn't want to spread the germs at all. Then I threw the gloves away after each application. Remember, this hurts but after a few weeks you will get used to the pain....won't even dread it because you know you are kicking that blepharitis out and it takes strong fighting to kill it....but so worth it!

Hope this helps.....

Dawn

• Posted

Good morning Dawn,

I have done it last night and this morning. On my way to work, will email tonight about how that went. But the honey felt like heaven in my eyes last night and took 80% of the eye stabbing away. Also ingested 3x spoon of cold pressed olive oil yest and today, completely doable! Praying to the Universe. Thank you.

Yours Sus

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

So… here how it all went! Honey on last night & this morning so far. Yesterday – the pain in my left eye was unbearable. I have put the honey on and truthfully - after following through the step by step procedure I got such a relief!

I could see brighter, sharper & clearer! Not milky with feeling that my vision is blocked) but also the stabbing pain went down considerably (80%).

Do you approve my routine? As it slightly varies from yours.

I’m using Q-tips with 2 different ends, one pointy and thin & the other one flat and round (like a pan or pancake). With the pancake part I smear the honey onto my upper lids as if I was applying an eye shadow, making sure I cover the lid and top edge of the lash lines.

With the pointy tip I apply the honey onto lower eye lids (so the lid part is covered), making sure I ‘’paint’’ on & around the lower lash line and cover the eye lid margin line and lashes roots. Set alarm for 15 minutes, close eyes.

After 15 minutes, using new q-tips, I lift my top lids and apply fresh honey onto inside of the top eyelid margins and lash line again and rub the honey into the closed eye (as if I just woken up and was rubbing my eyelids).

Leave it in, no rinse. The honey completely absorbs into the eyes and eye lids, leaving no thick residue and it feels extremely nice.

Just to point, I got Comvita Manuka Honey 20+, not the Manuka Doctor you got. Only because I read this is the best NZ brand and its on the list of registered & tested laboratory honeys (watched lots of honey vids).

This honey – does not sting at all, just a teeny tiny bit! Not sure why!!

But I trust this does not matter as it has the active healing methyl glycol properties and super grade antibiotic and anti-inflammatory

properties– stinging or not!

Also – an early observation of a miracle, with my eye being constantly ‘’extremely dry’’ – I did not put any drops into my eyes since 9pm

yesterday, neither in the morning, eyes felt moist just from these 2 honey

applications – utterly unbelievable!!!! This has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE since the dry eye problems mid November – every day I would need to constantly re-apply the eyedrops every 2-3 hrs (roughly about 10 times a day).

So – 1st day without eyedrops in about 180 days – can’t be coincidence? (gobsmacked)!

& I’m copying ok looking at PC screen all day (first time in weeks- as this was getting worse by days.).. But its too early to say, as only on day 2 of my treatment…..

I’m just rushing home after work to digest another spoon of

cold pressed olive oil and apply honey.

My black glass jars will arrive within a few days – will take a portion of honey to work and apply at lunch breaks.

Will order disposable plastic gloves.

& of course using separate Q-tips for each eye.

Using single use/single wrapped plastic spoons for honey.

Storing honey in a bathroom cabinet.

Obviously doing the hot compresses 2 a day/cleaning the lids

& lids scrubs.

A question – is it ok to let the honey sit on your eyelids

every time without washing?

& also to apply on the lids (as shadows) – will it not clog the oil glands?

THANKS A LOT DAWN.

Your Manuka Honey Warrior Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

Yes, you have the routine down perfectly. The only thing I did different was I applied the honey on the top inner lash and waited 15 minutes along with the other applications then rubbed it into my eyes. But the fact you are leaving it in should work. The reason we wait 15 minutes is because it takes 10 minutes of contact to have an effect on the bacteria. The fact you found a honey that does not sting is amazing.....!!!!

The secret is to be diligent and don't stop fighting too early......when your symptoms are gone keep up the treatments a few months every day and then taper off slowly.

I am so happy you are having good success......I look forward to hearing how you are doing. If you have any questions don't hesitate.

Best regards,

Dawn

• Posted

Susi,

My experience was the honey did not clog my glands....I can only go by my experience....:)

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much for your support. I feel like I need someone to hold my hand through this. I believe honey is the cure as read a few successful stories on here plus it appears even normal honey did the curing in some instances.

My only worry is that I obviously worry if the honey is not doing any damage in the eye, apart from the healing bacteria killing action. I still have the stabbing eye pain on and off - but this started before I got onto honey. I just hope this will not get worse. How long did you have the stabbing thing going on? Do you think its the blepharitis dancing away in my eye? As I said, went to my eye doc on Monday (Thu now) and she said eye is healthy but it still worries me a lot as the pain is very present. Also, as the honey is full of natural sugar, wonder if that is not impacting the eye in any negative way. Were you experiencing all these pains too but continued with the treatment? Just want to be healthy, I'm scared to death 😔. Thank you Dawn.

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Me again. My eyes have held up well until about 2pm this afternoon (almost 2 days without eye drops first time ever, but had the stabbing eye pain on and off) After 2pm, my eyes got extremely dry again, had to apply eye drops multiple times. I literally went from hero to zero, back to really bad again. Did you experience the eye dryness and various pains in your eyes too and if yes for how long? Thank you. Your Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

Sorry to read you continue to have stabbing pains....no fun! I did have the shooting pains.....and it takes awhile for them to go away. From my own experience, honey did not hurt my eyes. My eye checkups are positive...."beautiful" as my eye doctor says while examining my eyes. However, everyone is different....so you have to research and decide your course of action. Remember, this honey treatment is not going to work like a pill. Pills usually cover symptoms but do not provide cures. Getting a cure takes time and diligence. However, if you feel the honey is hurting your vision please stop using it. I remember thinking if I saw the tiniest improvement it was better than just managing the disease. If you decide this is not working, you could try the exact same brand of honey I used....just a thought. I guess my eyes were so miserable I just had to take the chance that honey would work because I didn't have any other good ideas.....I think my next plan was going to be trying Tea Tree Oil.

Hope this helps....

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Dawn, oh no don't please take it as that I don't believe honey can be the cure, eyes are reacting fine to it, does not hurt at all in my eyes. I just dont understand how could it go from so good yesterday & today to so bad, did you have such complete switches between good and bad too? How can it be? You are the one who gives me hope..

Thank you. Susi

• Posted

And last question, sorry for bombarding you with questions - Im still confused about the different diagnosis. Firstly was told I got blepharitis and MGD causing dry eye, then Eye hospital said I got Be Membomitis+ Dry Eyes. She said she hopes treating the membomitis will treat dry eye. Basically, I have clogged eye glands and solidified oil at the base of my eyelashes. Did you have that too and did honey dissolved the oil over time? I.e - when I lift my top eyelids and look at the lash line from bottom up, I got this white line at the base of my lashes, which I suppose is the solidified oil. Thanks in advance for your continuous support Dear Dawn & sorry for keep asking you questions. Warmeat Regards, Zuzana

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Haha 😃 last message for today, just again googled it! Says membomitis is MGD or Posterior Blepharitis...So at least I'm happy to have the same diagnoses you had, I hope 😃:) Lol.

Sus.

• Posted

Hi Susi, I take a washcloth and fold it into thirds, put hot water on it and press it against my eyes for 5-10 minutes in the morning and evening. The flowing of oils actually blurrs my vision....at that point I know I have the oils flowing for the day. Because our oil glands clog, bacteria collects in our eyes making us susceptible to blepharitis. The honey kills the germs....the hot compression flows the oils. That is why I will always at least do an eyewash with diluted honey several times per week to keep the bacteria in check. So you see how it all goes together. The honey does not dissolve the oil to my knowledge....but I am not an eye doctor! If your glands are so clogged that hot compresses won't unclog them, you might have to have a doctor unclog them and then you can maintain with the hot washcloth.

I did not think you were doubting honey as being a cure....I understand your fears....afterall I lived those same fears myself. It is crazy hard to not follow what the eye doctor says.....and there is alot of fear out there.....For me, when I considered the possible side effects the doctor's eye drops could produce I kept going with the honey. I also read other blepharitis sufferers going from one eye drop to another with little relief. I know this is hard.....

Best regards,

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I'm continuing with the honey treatment. Re your Manuka Doctor honey, does it feels sugary in and on your eyes? As when I leave mine to sit for 15mins and then rub it in, can feel tiny grainy particles. And what colour is yours?

Got my black glass cosmetic jars, did you wash them before putting honey in or not? And how do you make your honey drops/where you store them? As thinking to make drops and have with me to use at work during the day.

Regarding your mgd, did your glands just unclogged by themselves? As know now you don't have any issues so don't understand how that got fixed as we don't think honey unclogs them so just want to understand how yours are now working (I know you do the compresses but so do I and its not working on mines)

Warmest Regards,

Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

No, my honey did not feel sugary. I don't like that.....I remember someone else had that problem. I don't know if it is the honey or the eyes making that happen. could be the honey is old.....crystalized. My honey is amber colored. Yes, I washed my bottles out. To make my eye drops I take a small pan with about two cups water and put my dropper bottle....1 teaspoon utensil....one tablespoon utensil.....all in the pan. Bring the water to a boil. Then use the teaspoon utensil to dip into the honey and put one teaspoon honey into the dropper bottle.....using the tablespoon utensil place one tablespoon of the boiling water into the bottle....shake.....store in fridge.

Placing a hot washrag on my eyes unclogs my oil glands. I used the compress eye pads from my eye doctor.....didn't work.....but pressing the hot wet rag makes the oils come out until my vision is blurred with oil.....then I know I have a good flow. The gland condition will always have to be managed. I think the oil in my glands was not clogged rock hard like what happens to some people. The eye doctor can express your eyelids to unclog your glands....then you can maintain with the hot washrag.

So, I hope this helps....remember I am not an eye doctor.....I can only relate my own experience. ....I wish you the best....

Dawn

• Posted

Dear Dawn, thanks for this again. I think I will stick with my honey as know its a pure verified Manuka Honey and my eyes are taking it well and can see the increadible moisturising ability this honey has. I have an appointment with a private eye Dr so will see what he says about the state of my eyes - worst scenario will switch to your honey. I started applying less honey and wipe the sugary bits away..

I think you should write a book on subject alternate uses of honey 😃 as you would be such a great help to so many people. Thanks for the instructions, I'm so sorry, I don't understand what you mean though, can you explain it to me again in different words, I want to make the honey drops for sure. Maybe you missed some words in your explanation to me so it does not make sense. Just not sure what to put in the pan? The plastic dropper bottle? honey? spoons? Thank you again!

I might pay to have my glands expressed initially as the hot compresses are not helping and then maintain all life with compresses. I don't mind that, its a small price to pay if I could have your life back. Just to say, had to only use eyedrops twice in 5 days since getting on Manuka Honey, its a massive achievement for me. I currently have a sensitivity to daylight, not great.. Just want it to go away..Now you are cured, you dont have any symptoms of dry eye either and is your life normal as before? I appreciate your help. Yours Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

Yes, you put the dropper bottle, measuring spoons into a small pan of boiling water to sterilize them before making the drops. Do not put the honey in there. Put one tablespoon of the boiling water into the sterilized bottle. Then take the sterilized one teaspoon utensil and use to dip into the honey. Then place the honey into the bottle. Now, everything is sterilized....shake well.....you have eye drops! Hope I have made myself clear....if not...just ask!

Now that I am cured, I have to manage my glands by using a hot, wet washcloth and pressing on my eyes morning and night. I use the eyedrops....one drop per eye....three mornings a week so blepharitis never happens again. My eyes are completely normal...no dry eyes.....nada!

Take care,

Dawn

• Posted

Thank you Dawn, wonderful, all is clear. Last question, can the bottle dropper be plastic or do you use a glass one? Thank you!

• Posted

...and do you let your sterile bottle dropper dry out (overnight) or not before putting the honey in? Presume you use the same water from one pan for everything? Thanks again 😃 Im sure I will nail it. Almost 1wk on honey! Scared to death!

• Posted

Hi Susi,

Use a glass bottle....start out using distilled or filtered water if you can....

Dawn

• Posted

Hi Susi,

I just shake it.....dry the outside of the bottle with a clean towel....don't need to dry the measuring spoons.....

Dawn

• Posted

yes....same water for everything

• Posted

Dear Dawn, how often do you make a new honey eye drops mixture?

And with the full-on 3x a day honey routine, how much honey did you use for each eye? Did you not feel it was "too much" honey in your eye? As worried if not putting too much.

Thank you.

Susi

• Posted

Hi Susi,

I just use the honey drops until the bottle is empty and then make a new batch. Make sure to refrigerate the drops.

Using the Fran Wilson Nail Tees from Amazon, I would dip one end into the honey and put honey on my inner right eye.....on the base...the roots.....then using the other end of the tee....dip into honey.....put honey on the lower lash roots of the right eye.....never double dipping the nail tee.....repeat for the left eye......wait 15 minutes....rub honey into eyes.....wait three minutes.....wash off or let it sit there.....Clean up around eyes a little. I had honey all over my eyes....messy.....I wouldn't worry about how much.....just doing it correctly......

Take care,

Dawn

• Posted

how long did you have blepharitis and mgd before u was cured with the honey?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.