Blepharitis starting the journey

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there!

I'm wanting some basic blepharitis care advice. I've been struggling with it for around 2 years now but it's got lot worse recently. I feel I've run out of options from the doctor (usual stuff, different drops & anti-biotics).

I've been reading the chats on here and it seems there's 2 main things that are working for people - manuka honey and benzalkonium chloride (coming up as using wet ones).

I'm a bit apprehensive about putting honey in my eye or using anti bac wipes.

I've found an Optrex eye drop with the benza chloride in and some manuka drops online so I might take that route.

That said i appreciate any ideas, advice and does anyone know of a specific Facebook page that's good? Thanks all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, eye mask helped me significantly. I use Optase twice a day morning and evening. If I don't my eyes get swollen again. Wet ones did work initially but then stopped being effective, currently blephagel has been doing a decent job. Also, look up Doctor Eye health youtube video on eye massage , it definitely helps in unblocking the oil glands correctly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.