blephoritas

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi you can find benzathorium chloride in uk its in vagisil feminine wash xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaz

The only thing about that...Is it safe to use on your eyes??? Or near them?

Love

Eileen

• Posted

hi eileen not sure but will look it up , im trying the wet ones at the min but they have benzalkium chloride in them instead of benzethorium chloride in it which ive read are 2 different things , i am trying my best to find an cure as this bleph is ruining my life and i cant stand it anymore , please keep in touch and i am sure now i am on the case i will find a way to make our eyes better , i have looked at vagisal and so far its the only thing ive found that has the benzethorium chloride in it but im looking on ebay at the avon wipes as they used to do one with that ingredient in it so will get back to you as soon as i can , love kaz xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

Did you ever buy the blue packet of wet ones? If so...give it a try.

From what I can gather from honkon [think that was the name] he is using the UK ones with the slightly different ingredient and its working well....I am using them and they work well.....so I'm going to stick to them.....they are easy to get and not expensive.

Good luck with your search

Love

Eileen

• Posted

yes baught them today so am gonna give then a go , how do you use them pls , ive also baught the sensative ones too so will give them a go aswell , thanks eileen xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

I cut them into about eight pieces......use a seperate piece for each thing

A little bit of one of them wrapped around my finger, and I wipe bottome right eye lashes with them, change to another little bit and do the same with the top eylashes and the same with the other eye.....so thats  small pieces  I have used. I originally used them like that 4 times a day faithfully until it started to clear up.....then I eased off a bit.....couple of times a day. Now its once a day unless I feel they need it more often.

I use eyedrops that were prescribed by the doc but I think you can buy them over the counter.....Optive Plus [I think} and I have a small tube of boots cream because sometimes the eyelids itch and that helps

I think thats about it.

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Kaz,    Did you see my recent post, I used Optrex Eye Wash (contains the ingredient) , soaked into cotton wool( rather than bathing the actual eye) followed by Goldeneye Ointment (good for keeping the eye area moist, especially good BEFORE washing.... use both night and morning on waking.....cleared it up within a week.
    • Posted

hi thanks ive got some optrex last week but when i used it as an eye wash it irritataed my eyes even more , can you please tell me exactly what you did with the optrex did you wash the lids with it ect and what about the golden eye as ive tried every eye drop going except that one and all of them have irritated my eyes more ,i have the blepharitis that makes my eye lids greasy and make my eyes feel very uncomfortable all the time , thank you so much for your reply i will go and read your post now as so far im not having a great success with the wet ones , thanks x
    • Posted

hi maria i couldnt get your post up can you pls tell me how you do your ragime pls , thanks kaz xx
  • Posted

Dear kaz,

I got this information from Review of Ophthalmology on-line.

Notice where this eye doctor says to put the medicine for Blepharitis.

AzaSite is azithromycin, an antibiotic.

“ If patients have mild-to-moderate disease, she adds AzaSite rubbed into the lid margins twice a day, which is an off-label use. “Patients put one drop of AzaSite on one index finger, rub it between both index fingers, and then rub it on the four lid margins, where the eyelashes dive into the skin on the top of the eyelid wall,” she says.”

There is a wonderful new treatment called BlephEx. A little machine that cleans guess what? The eyelash area and the lid margins are cleaned of dead skin cells and scurf and they use tea tree oil on the rotating little head.

The problem of Blepharitis is on the eyelash area and lid margins.

I used the Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes with Benzethonium Chloride in them, and was able to do the same thing. Only thing is if someone is allergic to shampoos, detergents, fabric softeners or even spermicidal jellies they should not use them.

If the staphylococcus infection is too bad or gone on too long it could end up being mites, called Demox, and tea tree oil is used for that problem.

Honjon on this site had the oily problem and the hand wipes in the UK with Benzalkonium Chloride in then solved his problem.

Where to treat the problem is half the battle. There are 3 things mentioned above that can help.

Hope this information helps you.

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.