Blessed with Drs here in US

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was sitting around today and my phone rang.

​I picked it up and it was a social worker from when I had my last stay in the hospital on Jan 31.  She was calling to see how I was doing...and if I NEEDED anything. I was surprised.

​We talked for about 1/2 an hour...she listened to all my stress..all my upcoming appointments...She was very happy that I have requested my therapist to do drug/alcohol testing...to keep me honest...and to support my disability claim (I want to have something on file that proves I am not ingesting alcohol).

​I asked what types of things would I need from her?  She gave me examples..such as if I am having problems personal...or having problems locating Drs...or need something that the Drs can't provide...like medication...or questions on insurance...etc...

​I'm doing well.  But, I have to say that the way I was treated in hospital and the way I continue to be treated by Drs and Psychiatric staff...is a big component as to why I have done so well this time.  Its nice to feel cared for....

​So anyone that is struggling with healthcare and understanding...just know there are people out there that do care.  And I think the UK will catch up someday...there has been alot on the news...about alcohol and drug use...and Drs. learning that if they don't start understanding...things will get worse sad.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This discussion has turned out to be very funny

hope no one objects to us resorting to toilet humour, but it was RHGB who started it with tales of self flaggelation at AA meetings lol!

• Posted

Id say it's all very positive Vickiilou since a few of us here plus Misssy USA, we've been struggling,all of us for months. Now we are all doing well and not in a dark place anymore..it's all good. And we are here to help others xx
    • Posted

Exactly!  It cheered me up no end, very lighthearted. Yes we all seem to be doing ok at the moment and what with RHGB's brilliant cynical and sarcastic repertoire with added humour, things are good. I have sent you a PM xx
  • Posted

Hey,you have to laugh, I get daily emails from a health organisation. Today it's heading is "what poop says about your health"!! Now that's a coincidence. But probably won't read it! 

Hope you are all having a good day! Take care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.