Blip?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey. I haven't written for a little while. The last week and a half had been great and I was feeling very good and happy and not anxious. My husband was off work for holidays last week and today was his first day back to work. I didn't wake Anxious but he left for work an hour ago and now I am feeling anxious and crying and feeling sad and miss him. I am scared it's going to be back to bad days again and that I was only ok because he was home for a bit. Or is it just a blip? .The last week and a half I was feeling like I was getting so much better. I just want to keep getting better. Feeling mad at myself for letting him back at work affect me....

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Isabel it will be just a blip I'm good most days but have a blip from time to time and have been in 10mg of Citalopram 6 weeks now. I find that if I go to bed no later than 11 and get up about 7 and stay in a routine e I'm much better

• Posted

Yea sleep helps. The last couple days I haven't been sleeping as well as I had been. And then wide awake early and can't fall back asleep.

But by the afternoon yesterday I felt better but this morning sad and anxious yet again. Frustrating.

How are you?

• Posted

Hi, I'm ok and mornings are ok for me once I'm up and had food etc. I've been having some counselling yesterday and I cried a lot as it brought stuff up I needed to get out do feel a bit tired today but veennout for a lovely walk and I know I will be back to normal soon. We will all get there x

• Posted

It seems like you are lonely and hopefully that will pass over time.

You have possibly had a nice Christmas and New Year with your husband.

I cannot relate to your bad days,?

BOBĀ 

• Posted

Yes I had a lovely holiday and anxiety was mostly gone and I didn't think about it much. But since my husband is back at work and I'm home with our 3 year old I'm thinking about that Anxiety again so I'm anxious to get back to the bad

• Posted

Im fixing to start 10mg Citolopram (generic Celexa- may not have spelled it rt) for a wk or 2 then go up to 20mg. This will be my 7th med to try. Others have either not helped mentally or made me really sick physically almost toxicity. Im a little nervous to try it but what do I have to loose? It might work. A question though, anyone have irregular heart beat or heart issues? How does this do on anxiety? I know Ill prob have loose bowels, maybe increase in anxiety (i take Klonapine 0.5mg half a pill as needed)maybe a lousy appetite for a while, maybe crying at first (maybe not!). Just wondering. An remember people who haven't been diagnosed with depression or anxiety are not always happy either. So Im not expecting to be happy every single day. Just improve my mood fr these depths of sorrow constantly. That's just my opinion. No offense intended. I know exercise is very important an Omega 3s (a good quality one is not cheap!) An some kind of counseling an stress reduction like yoga, meditation or some kind of group activity.. I know I feel better after walking out in fresh air an get my heart rate up.

Just ideas. Thankyou.

• Posted

Hello everyone, me again....

Wondering how everyone is doing ?

I have been doing really well for awhile and those blips I originally posted about didn't last long and I was really happy doing well. Then the last few mornings waking anxious again and feeling sad esp today and not sure why. I did just start my period so I know that has a lot to do with it too. And I am thinking Anxiety might be bit more now because just last week my husband and I learned that his friends cancer that was supposed to have been all gone has spread now and it's not good. And also there was a little health scare with my mother which turned out to be nothing but for a few days waiting for results was Beebe wrecking. So I am thinking all this has caused this blip or rise in Anxiety. Just really afraid I'll get back to how bad it was in the beginning after I have been doing so great. It's hard to stop these negative thoughts and feelings. Hope everyone is doing well.

This is really tough for us all to live with abd go through

• Posted

Hi Isabel

yes I can relate to what you're saying. I've been on them for 9 weeks now and had a couple of great weeks and then got my period and it all went down hill for a week! That was last week. Am just starting to feel better again now, still quite anxious/nervy in the mornings but that clears up after a while. I'm putting it down to the dreaded hormones for now. 

im sure you won't go back to how you was in the beginning, I thought that too but that hasn't happened. That truly was a terrible time! I must admit, every time someone in the family has a bit of a health issue, I get anxious, like I get a hot flush type of thing and a horrid feeling but it goes away quite quick. However, I think the anxiety is still there, sort of underneath if you see what I mean??!! And that's probably not helping.  We need to be able to switch our negative thoughts to good ones... easier said than done.

hang in there, we will all be ok and this will be a distant nightmare! X

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear of all these things happening in your life at the moment.

Yes they've definitely played a big part with upsetting your body at the moment, but you know, as you carry on and progress further to recovery, you'll find that life's stresses won't have the same effect on you as you're suffering with right now.  Your body will get stronger and though you'll be upset by things that happen in life, you'll just feel the same as anybody else - you won't get low or anxiety.

For now, just accept that you're bound to be out of sorts for a while, it will pass.  Try and relax and pass through what you're feeling.  You may have been knocked back a little at the moment, but you won't go back to how you were at the beginning.  The meds are working, will continue to work and help you pull through this episode.

K x

• Posted

Remember, we that suffer with anxiety must learn how to deal with it better along with our meds. Iv discovered, just now, Im all anxiety because I began to think of all the issues I have to deal with an all the probs going along with being a caregiver of my elderly parent's, who I do everything for an my own family. Fighting with my sister who doesnt help. Just ONCE I would like a non-problematic no worrying 3 or 4 day vacation with my husband an kids! Grrrrr....she wont help!! Im very resentful toward her over it. Iv been doing this since beginning of 2013. I cant even get a job because of all of this. Now I have to find a buyer asap for their very large property because they are running out of money. Had an estate sale but junk still left over. Things that were wanted, were taken to a storage unit. My Dad is a hoarder so you can imagine how horrible it is. Just my husband an I to do it. My husband isnt very busy rt now (self employed) so no checks. Im fixin to apply for food stamps. There's 4 of us. 2 teen sons. One works other one is 13. No health insurance. Im in U.S. so government is fining is 2,085$ for no insurance we cant even afford anyway! Ridiculous. Hate Obama! Glad Trump won. Anyway tons of crap going on surrounding me so just now took a 0.5mg Klonapine. Im on day 9 of 20mg Celexa with 7 days prior on 10mg. So Im fixing to write in my "WORRY JOURNAL ". It's a real pretty notebook. Writing all these issues down for an hr an worrying about it for an hr. Then suppose to stop thinking about it all. Its all about training your mind to wonder somewhere else. Its sooo hard! Theres a relaxation technique where you go to quit room lay down flat. Start with first muscle at top your body an clench it an hold breath for like 5 seconds then relax. Move down the body to each separate muscle if you can isolate it an clench. By time you get to toes you should be relaxed. Im doing in morn an at bed now for last 4 nights. I get to diaphragm an Im getting sleepy. Then Im walking in morning. Get into routine. Dont get bored! Keep busy or your mind will concentrate on the anxiety. Anyway those are my opions. From a therapist. Goodluck to us all! When is this Celexa going to kick in!!??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.