Blip at 3 months

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi been on citalopram 20 for 3 months and its been working well for me. past two weeja though ive been wanting to sleep in the day and today i feel the most anxious ive been since i started cit. just wondered if anyobe else has experienced this and should i stick with this dose

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am feeling the same way the past three days I have felt good for two weeks and them bam it hit me again. this scares me I am scared this medicine is nit working for me or I am back to the beginning

• Posted

same here. ive been reading a lot about today and a lot of people do jave blips. im going to see how i am in a weeks time and if i dont feel better il ask what to do next

• Posted

Keep at it. Blips are normal. If you have been feeling good, I dont recommend changing dose. I tried that and it didnt help at all. I felt worse. Just know it will pass and try to get on with normal activities and not give in to the anxiety.

• Edited

Hi, blips seem to be a normal part of the healing process. I have been on 20mg of citalopram for about 4 months now and still get blips. Usually around my period, so i expect them to come. I have continued to stick with the same dose. You have already begun to feel better so try and hold on to that. Try not to worry too much, it will pass.

• Posted

well as a matter of fact I am due for my period now but I have PCOS and I do not have regular periods anyways, but I do kniw I should be having one around now. so having this anxiety and feelings are probably normal?

• Edited

Hi, hormones can play havoc!!! so maybe its the same for you. The blip lasts anything from 3 to 7 days but it gets better every day. It usually starts about 3 days before my period starts. Each month has been slightly better with the blip not lasting so long or feeling so bad. i am not sure if that is because I'm accepting it as a part of the healing process. I hope this helps.

• Posted

ok so today is day 4 so hoping to be through this blip soon. do you feel nauseated, tired , just not yourself in this blip?.

• Posted

I just feel tired and not myself as my anxiety just seems to spike during a blip. Are you feeling any better today than you did 4 days ago?

• Edited

hi thanks for all of your replies. im actually feeling a lot better than i did yesterday so lets hope thats the end of that blip! x

• Posted

when you have blips how long do they last or when do uou feel better

• Edited

this is the first one ive had and ive been anxious for a few days now. but i feel a lot better today so im hoping its coming to an end. i have been busy in work today though so i think that's helped take my mind away from my anxiety. hope you feel better soon

• Posted

i had mine monday and since I have been blah and anxious, and nauseated. it has only been 4 days hoping to feel better in the next day or so. do you feel nauseated in this blip? I am wondering about lowering my dose to 10

• Posted

yes stick with the dose

• Posted

i am still feeling blah its been about 5 days now. i tried to take some of the cbd gummies and today i feel horrible.

• Posted

of i have felt good for two weeks and then back to like i did at the beginnijg does this mean its not working or is it just a blip?

• Posted

if you have already seen some improvement the chances are it is just a blip. You will get through it!. Recovery seems to be a long process and if you have already had good days then you will have them again. i hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

today makes a week i have been feeling bad again. this weekend i felt kind of withdrawn and nauseated. started to feel myslef again last night then woke up this am a little anxious and nauseated again. wed will be 7 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.