Blip at 3 months

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi been on citalopram 20 for 3 months and its been working well for me. past two weeja though ive been wanting to sleep in the day and today i feel the most anxious ive been since i started cit. just wondered if anyobe else has experienced this and should i stick with this dose

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi leah

the fact your feeling better is great, you will have blips, let them come & let them go, dont try to fight it. being mindfull will help at times like this....eat healthy, excercise & get some good sleep.....thats what i do

its all part & parcel of the journey were all taking

hope your good rob

• Edited

hi everyone just an update.

my blip did pass and im feeling 100% again. ive been getting plenty of sleep for the past few nights ive been in bed by 9.30pm and its helped massively. also layed off the wine for a few nights as i think it might trigger anxious feelings in me

• Posted

Glad to see you are feeling better again. Ive been on 20mg for 9 weeks and still not really seeing any improvement with my health anxiety so wondering of i need to increase? x

• Posted

how long did your blip last and how did you feel during your blip? any nausea?

• Posted

is this your first time on antidepressants? if so then you should see an imorovement by week 12 so stick at it until then. if youve been on them before then it may take longer to kick in

• Edited

hi, i went off my food a bit. i was tired and couldnt be bothered to do anything. my mood was low and i started to get those old panicky feelings back. i really did think i was back to sqaure one. it kind of built up over 2 weeks and then started to fade day by day until i felt better again

• Posted

I was on them for a short time a few years ago but was nothing like this, last time was for stress related to going through my divorce but this time its for health anxiety. At the moment i think everything i see on my skin or every skin sensation is something serious

• Posted

i had bad health anxiety 4 years ago when my aunt passed away suddenly. ive always had it to an extent though. every little thing that was wrong with me i thought it was serious.

i definitely think that t

he medication calms my mind, i dont tend to think about my health as much when im on meds.

• Posted

I cant wait to get back to the stage when i no longer obsessivley worry about my health and immediately think the worst. Mine started with a scare about a mole last June and really increased in November and i went on these meds in January. At the moment im even afraid to even look at my skin as anything i see sets my anxiety off

• Posted

yea i understand. you will definitely get to that point. hope its soon for you 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.