Blipping again, encouragement please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi peeps,

Blipping again. Have taken end of term off, it was only another couple of days anyway. Told work I had a vomiting bug....actually my stomach does feel really messed up, so that's no lie.

Saturday marked 16 weeks on Cit 10mg. I've come a long way since June, when I had the depressive/anxious relapse. However, I do still get the odd few days here and there where I feel s****y. My gosh, it does feel like it's been harder to stabilise this time around on the cit. Maybe I just won't come off it again.

I go thru periods of feeling good, and actually forgetting I'm recovering from anything. I do seem a bit more sensitive to stress, though. Like, I get more wound up by things rather than just letting them go. And my sleep is really strange. Have periods where I'm getting a good solid 7 or 7.5 hours a night. And then periods like the last few days when my sleep is all over the place, waking and not being able to get back to sleep for an hour. And my mood is a bit gloomy. My brain sometimes feels weird, eg at work yesterday, felt really detached from my surroundings all day.

Not willing to updose, or change meds. Just looking for a bit of encouragement, please. It can feel like such a struggle, dealing with all of this. I'm sure I will even out again, but it's kind of crappy when you feel like you're reversing....

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm starting to feel it creep in again. I'm putting it down to stress of XMas, I'm hosting for 9 ppl, ugh!! I'm also due on at the start of the month & out of the blue really, my kids have decided sleep is overrated & keep taking turns at waking up at silly AM & taking a good 2-3 hours to get back to sleep. By the time they do the other's not long up. 😦 I don't sleep great as it is, but this leaves me with about 4 hours of broken sleep. Sleep is a big trigger for me. I find the morning anxiety comes back when I don't sleep. Hopefully this little blip will pass quickly. They usually do so wish me luck!!

How are things with you Ruth? Even better I hope? 😃

• Posted

Mostly better, thanks, just feeling really run down. Not motivated to do much. Bit of random morning anxiety and tearfulness, got me old lightbox out now and am gonna have a blast for 20 mins today and tomorrow. I forget I had it until you mentioned it, got it in argos years ago.

Yeah, I notice my thoughts are a bit tending towards the gloomy this last month. Just putting it down to the dark, really. And having been ill quite a lot this month. My sleep patter n is beginning to regulate again, so I think I'm approaching another window.

Well, period and insomniac kids and hosting 9 people at Christmas!!! No wonder you're feeling a bit fragile. The sleep thing is such a killer. If I don't sleep, I'm a nightmare. This is a stressful time of year for so many people, it really is. But as you said, you know there's a reason ie feeling a bit stretched, so there's a cause for the blip. And sometimes, it's just how the drugs are metabolising, weird blips can happen for NO particular reason. But it will pass. Sending you luck 🍀🍀🍀

😁

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I saw that someone mentioned to you on here about vitamin D deficiency, its well worth getting your bloods checked for this, as I was on them when in menopause and had achey bones and was always tired.

• Posted

Thanks Paula,

Think I'm gonna do exactly this in the new year xxx

• Posted

In fa T, am gonna get a vit d supplement today. When I got depressed over summer, I just didn't want to leave the house, and so hardly got the benefit of all that lovely sunshine at all. As a result, I bet I'm lacking. Still wanna get my vits cheked though...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.