Bloating

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All!

why is it that I'm only on 1.5mg of pred, but my stomach is still bloated and I'm still looking like a grape on legs!! 😡 I would have thought that on a low dose of steroid I'd start to look normal again??? Is anyone  else out there in my position too?? Feeling depressed that I'm still shapeless.

many thanks Andrea xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you All very much for your response, it's certainly going to be a long road trying to  loose the 2 stone I've put on over the last 2 and a half years on prednisolone!, and still on it! 

the carbs will have to go!!

Andrea x

• Posted

Strange how different things effect diferent people.

After 15 or so years of PMR ,now on 5mg of a morning, i still like my taters 

and whole meal bread, in moderation of corse..........

My main weight reducing definatety comes from keeping away from sugars.

chockies ,lollies,cakes biccies ( anything with processed sugars). Another no no 

is ice cream. I can eat fruits with no problems...I also am on a lactose free diet.

But of corse the more you eat , the more weight goes on, so those times you

are idle is when you start nibbling , it is just so easy to pig out without realising

(or careing) what is happening.    I try very hard to feel slightly hungry all the 

time, so my day consists of breccy, lunch. and tea. if i feel too peckish

in between , some fruit is the go.............

But you definately have to be regimented , no saying i shall start tomorrow...........

• Posted

Oh, Andrea, I am in the same boat as you. I am down to 2.5 pred and 3 mg weekly of methotrexate.  I try to limit carbs, but barely loose anything!  So frustrating!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.