Bloating, bowel and tummy issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

**Hi everybody, I have had bloating now for nearly three months, visited GP, examined inside and out but nothing found, bloods taken and clear and have ultrasound for ovaries booked to be on the safe side even though CA125 test clear. I had a bout of diarrhoea with blood about two months ago but no blood found in pooh since then and no more diarrhoea but bloating and odd tummy and mid back pain continues! The bloat comes and goes all day. I have always had a fairly flat tummy but now it is never flat even first thing in the morning. I always wake up with that feeling you get after eating a late night heavy meal. I haven't had a period for 15 months so officially in menopause. I'm trying probiotics, and digestive enzymes to try to settle this. Is anybody else suffering these digestive issues and any advice to help? On a good day i think its just menopause but on an anxious day I'm convinced I have cancer but they just haven't found it! Its a struggle to pick clothes each day as anything with a waistband really aggravates me : (

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

yes ive had it all for 3 years:(

Glad you are going to get yourself checked! I've had all the scans and most recently a colonscopy thank goodness it was all clear as I've had bowel changes and blood.

I'm taking probiotics which help with acid reflux but bloating is there and only occasionally take antiacids when it's really bad . Have you asked for HRT?

• Edited

Thanks so much for the reply, its reassuring to know its not just me!

Yep il be glad to have the scan done as well! I often feel when im sitting like i did when i was 6 months pregnant like theres no room in my tummy its awful! I didnt want to try HRT unless nothing else helps!

• Edited

yes me too. i cont wear jeans anymore. everything is elasticated! thank goodness floaty dresses are the trend!

everything just feels burning sensation and my liver is always in pain. Had scans and full bloods done etc as well as the below!!!

endoscopy due to bloating and stomach pains

2 breast scans and biopsy

2 hyperscopies

Ovaries scans 3 CA125 tests!

liver scan

colonscopy

removal of polyps in cervix and uterus

pyschio appointments as suffered with terrible headaches!

• Edited

oh my god you are well and truly checked out! Its a nightmare isnt it but you cant help but worry! Thank god for this forum and thanks for replying and making me realise its not only me! Just want to feel normal again don't you!

• Edited

yes....ive never been so much to the Drs and hospital in all my 45 years!

I get extreme health anxiety as my body and mind are totally out of whack! Feel so tired worrying....feels so good to talk to everyone on this forum who are all feeling the same. Everyone is taking about it and the awareness is growing thank goodness 🙏

• Edited

its so hard not to go into panic mode with each new symptom, im the same im terrified i have something awful and reading this forum lessens my anxiety!

• Edited

i know im exactly the same! do not Google as ive done that and it sent my anxiety through the roof. just make appointment with Dr for peace of mind

• Edited

i look like im ready to give birth!

im sick to death of it all.

im in agony constantly with stomach spasms,I think its due to constipation, well im hoping it is as im convinced im dying of some horrible thing lurking in my stomach

ive tried everything possible i can do to eleviate my symptoms but nothing is helping

My health anxiety is through the roof.

• Edited

Oh Sharon i know! On a good day i tell myself its just hormones but on an anxious day i too am convinced its cancer and its a vicious circle because the anxiety makes the symptoms worse! I'm taking so many bloody supplements I'm rattling! Wine eases the symptoms at the time then the next day makes them ten times worse! Hardly dare drink much anymore!

• Edited

Yes me too, nothing to worry about its all hormone related, then something kicks in telling me it cant be to be in so much pain.

i cant find anyone else with my symtoms either

horrendous stomach spasms

my stomach doesnt feel like mine anymore

• Edited

i get horrible crampy tummy ache nearly everyday and horrible kidney type pains in my back, the trouble is the more i think about them the worse they get so i wonder how much is phycological its amazing what your mind can do! : (

• Edited

Mine are proper spasms so painful .

I also get pain in my right upper side thst radiates through my back

Yes i think overthinking&stressing can make us worse but what can we do when the docs are so useless &not willing to help just want to pump you with all kinds of poison

• Edited

Following this thread with interest. sometimes constipated, sometimes very loose, always with some kind of burning for the past 2 weeks... eat, don't eat , doesn't seem to matter.

It's a nightmare, and I feel for you all!!

Hope we can find some relief. I'm starting the digestive enzymes today too.

Will let you know if it seems to help.

Love to you all,

Sara

• Edited

Hope they help Sara, Ive not noticed any difference yet : (

Ive forgotten what its like to have a comfortable and flat tummy!

Im 55 roll on 60 when it might have passed Lol!

• Edited

51 yrs old here, and I hate to wish my life away but if it means I'll be past the bloaty, gassy, painful mess I'm in, fine with me!!

lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.