Bloating, bowel and tummy issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

**Hi everybody, I have had bloating now for nearly three months, visited GP, examined inside and out but nothing found, bloods taken and clear and have ultrasound for ovaries booked to be on the safe side even though CA125 test clear. I had a bout of diarrhoea with blood about two months ago but no blood found in pooh since then and no more diarrhoea but bloating and odd tummy and mid back pain continues! The bloat comes and goes all day. I have always had a fairly flat tummy but now it is never flat even first thing in the morning. I always wake up with that feeling you get after eating a late night heavy meal. I haven't had a period for 15 months so officially in menopause. I'm trying probiotics, and digestive enzymes to try to settle this. Is anybody else suffering these digestive issues and any advice to help? On a good day i think its just menopause but on an anxious day I'm convinced I have cancer but they just haven't found it! Its a struggle to pick clothes each day as anything with a waistband really aggravates me : (

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Just wanted to share this info as it may reassure some of you. I had my ovary scan yesterday and it was all fine and I mentioned to the female sonographer my digestive symptoms and she said it is absolutely menopause related and that she sees so many ladies over 40 with the problems we are suffering. I left feeling a bit more upbeat as this week my symptoms have been awful. I am also suffering vaginal and rectal pressure, weird eye sensitivity on bright sunny days and odd pains in my back just above my waist but i dont feel I can go back to the GP again so im hoping it is just more menopause related issues! I read this forum each day and it absolutely makes you feel youre not alone in this so thankyou lovely ladies xx

• Edited

This is me too - at the moment I am dealing with nausea, bloating and bowel issues. I've had so many symptoms on this menopause journey. I am so tired of it all. HRT had helped but certainly not let me feel like the old me. I hate what this phase of life is doing to me. This forum eases my anxiety but I do still panic every time a new symptom appears or an old one reappears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.