Bloating, nausea, no appetite, fullness, stomach upset, gas

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi.

Those are all the symptoms I'm currently suffering from. The fullness sets in very early during a meal and I can barely eat anymore. What do you think this could be? Very thankful for advice.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It can be an out of balance of your gut bacteria. Can you take probiotics or eat yogurt?

Bloating can be methane or hydrogen. With more methane a person tends to be more constipated and with hydrogen you might get diarrhea. Research SIBO just to see if you fall into that category. High fiber might be good for us but can cause much bloating so be aware of which foods are the biggest offenders. 

• Posted

I don't get either constipated or have diarrhea.

• Posted

Could be many things such as gastritis, IBS, or h pylori.  Do you have change of bowel habit?  See your dcctor for tests.
    • Posted

I've suffered from IBS for many years but this is something much worse in terms of ruining my food intake. I don't have any stomach ache but maybe it could still be gastritis?

• Posted

Gastritis would cause stomach ache and would show in an endoscopy. It can also cause bloating and fullness. However, the symptoms you describe are very typical of an IBS flare up. It could simply be IBS.
  • Posted

If you can try plain unsweetened yogurt or add a natural sweetener. 

What did you take for IBS?

i had gastritis and had no pain or symptoms but couldn't eat anything without itching.  The hospital doctors put me on PPI for acid and now for the first time I get pain. Was only on for a few weeks. Switched to ranitidine until Xifaxan started working to kill bacteria. Took 7 weeks. I've been taking Xifaxan for over 14 months and just stopped working recently. I have bacteria overgrowth since 1973 but have only been treated sin 2001 with prescriptions. Before that I used only natural but everything makes me blister and itch. 

Baking soda alkalines the body. 

Is your IBS gone?

• Posted

You'll need to get some tests done. It could be high stomach acid leading to gastritis or maybe H pylori infection. Are your bowel movements affected? I think you'll need to do blood work, ultrasound, endoscopy, barium swallow and whatever else your doctor recommends. For now try an antacid, some gas x and ginger tea for temporary relief.

• Posted

These are the symptoms of gallbladder stone. Kindly consult your Dr and make sure you had done your Ultra Sound. Ultra Sound clarify your all doubts.
  • Posted

I think you are suffering from antral gastritis .,., if you're experiencing nausea along with fullness in upper abdomen ... I suggest you should do an endoscopy to confirm diagnosis because if done late it can form an ulcer or more serious condition

• Posted

hi ephemeral.....i know its late but how r u. i am having same symptoms. wat was ur diagnosis after endoscopy. did u go thru it. and total how many months it took to relieve ur problems. how is ur food intake now.

• Posted

rloc150, domperidon, and more of two I forgot the names it took 3months and still with some foods trigger it so be careful with what you eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.