Blocked ear stuffy nose and dizzy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi just wondering anyone suffering the same as me I've not had hayfever for a couple of years but this year got it really bad. Started about 6 weeks ago with stuffy nose blocked ear numerous trips to docs who said I have ear and throat infection had 2 lots of antibiotics plus taking antihistamines thought it had cleared up but it just seems to be getting worse I have a feeling of cotton wool in my right ear sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my balance I get a flush in my face which in turn makes me very anxious and panicky I just feel so stuffed up and cannot breath I have since been diagnosed with atrial fribullation but my consultant said this has nothing to do with it. I'm just so fed up of feeling like this I do have a lot of energy and I'm always on the go but when I feel like this I just get so run down and don't feel like doing anything. Sorry to go on just wondered if anyone else is feeling the same way during this hayfever season. Many thanks

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

could be an allergy or an intolerance. I guess its a intolerance. the symptoms are common in combinaion with histmaine. you said you took antihistamins, how does that work for you?

You really really should go to an allergist for serveral tests. It's not that funny because your symptoms could be even worse as before.

Nowadays there are many supplements or stuff like that available, so you will be fine with your prob, if its an intolerance wink

If you are really sensitive to histamine, I can recommend the dietary supplement Daosin.

take care

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I will certainly look into seeing an allergist. I haven't felt bad for the last week or so very strange I think it certainly must have something to do with the seasons. I will look up Daosin as well many thanks take care.
  • Posted

For years I had rhinitis and sinusitis , most of the time it went away with antibiotics but sometimes I was just sneezing and doctors gave me sprays. Nobody had the kindness to explain me that they were bundle to each other. 

you can see it on https://patient.info/health/chronic-sinusitis

I find likely that your sinusitis will go away this winter but it certainly may come back next spring, unless you tacle the sources of the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.