Blood

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all am scared to death am 4 years postmenopausal and on sunday i went to the loo and wiped myself and saw some blood on the tissue it has only happened once also i feel like i am having a period like the back ache .. been t o doctors and she is sending me for a scan am so frightened anyone have this worried sick ?

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dearest Maud, most of us on here have anxiety health issues. Because such a wide and diverse range of symptoms happen with this process when something new or different to us pops up we automatically panic about it. Are you sure you dont have any haemaroids that can bleed abit? They can confuse the issue and cause unnecessary worry. If you have an understanding dr they will send you for any tests they deem necessary and please remember, most serious problems with the reproductive organs can be easily dealt with when detected early. If this is the first time you have had this and you still have regular smear tests it is likely to be nothing serious. Have your tests done and try not to stress about it. I am about to begin the rounds myself, smear, mammogramm, ultra sound of ovaries and uterus ect; and as I have all these once a year, I know if anything is found they will sort it and quickly. So try not to worry it is unlikely to be anything serious and any tests you are sent for are precautionary. We are lucky to have drs that do this alot dont and just dismiss us and our meno symptoms with an its all in your mind attitude. Well whether in your mind or not, you are entitled to have any health concerns taken seriously and follow up done if necessary. Hope everything goes ok for you. Let me know how you get on XXX
    • Posted

T

Thanks tina am so worried 4 years and no period then 2 weeks ago got a backache you no that feeling when you are due a period i was thinking to myself like i did when i used to have period s

Then i wiped myself and some blood was on tissue not a lot . Just feel menapausal how can this happen after 4 years start getting all the symptoms that what worries me so much x

• Posted

Please try not to worry Maud. After seeing what the other ladies have written to you I am sure they are right that your body is still producing a trace of oestrogen and that it is taking that long for enough to build up in your system and all it manages is a bit of spotting. You will be fine I'm sure. XXX

• Posted

Thanks Maud I'd like to know your results so I can be here for you should you need me XXX

• Posted

Hi Maud....I agree with Tina, she has wise advice. I'm sure it is probably some type of post meno hormonal surge that is giving you the exact symptoms you used to have....they are the same, eh?

I don't think it's anything sinister...but I so understand your anxiety! My current freak out is dry eyes that I pray is the reason I've burst a vessel. It's cleared up n doc said they're harmless but to go get full eye work up to be at ease.

So go get checked and be at ease. Hugs!!

• Posted

Hi Maud I have experienced this. I am on HRT are you? My scan showed I had a polyp so I was given a hysteroscopy & had the Polyp removed, all was fine with me. I shouldn't worry it's always best to get this checked out. I am postmenopausal.

• Posted

Hi Mars, you are so right. Fibroids can do it aswell, its a good thing Maud has been sent for tests when so many drs just let us get on with it. XXX
    • Posted

Hi mars no i not on hrt .was ok 4 years post with slight symptoms

.. but 6 weeks ago got anxiety and depression them lime a back ache like you get when you comming on then a slight spotting it only happend once

• Posted

Hi Maud .. how is your anxiety now , mine is quite bad when not on HRT? 
    • Posted

Mine anxiety is bad ive had to get some diazapan from my doctor x
    • Posted

Hi Maud when you get anxiety do you worry about things , how's your appetite?

• Posted

Yes i do worry about everything its drives me mad my appitet is good x
    • Posted

Horrible how we worry it must be hormones as worry about everything like you.
  • Posted

Maud, even after menopause we still produce some estrogen.  And the fact that you've had very minimal symptoms of menopause suggests that your body is still producing some estrogen and doing this slowly.  It sounds like you might have had a surge, but that doesn't mean anything is wrong.  I've known women who have had a full 5 day random period after menopause.  Good idea to get things checked out and set your fears aside.  

• Posted

Thanks gailannie its just so worrying i always think the worst .x
    • Posted

We all do, sweetie....but I bet you're fine. Keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.