Blood Clot

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been over 2 weeks started th have pain in the left leg. Pain actually started a week ago, but I have a high tolerance for pain and just kept on thinking it would go away.....Finally went to dr's she ran blood test because she was suspicious of me having blood clot started me on blood thinners called Eloquist. Side effect of blood thinner is bleeding. Two days pass I go in for Ultrasound of left leg no blood clot there which indicates blood clot is in my chest. Thank god on blood thinners. Going for CT scan today... Keep you posted other than that recovery going really well!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glad you caught the clot and went on blood thinners. Hope your test goes well today.

keep posting. 

• Posted

Thank you since I posted I have had heart CTA scan and now abdomen. Did you take a blood test by any chance
    • Posted

Hi Creedes,

How are you doing? Did they find a clot in your ct scan?

No the doctor did talk about the blood test which is normally the first thing to do prior to a scan but they said that the blood test cannot always be reliable because blot clot fragments can increase after an operation so it can give a raised reading. They decided to send me for an ultrasound straight away.

Hope everything is ok with you, keep us posted. Big hugs x

• Posted

Now I need to get a Cat scan of pelvis they found something In my Ultrasound... will let you know Monday. Need to fast 6 hours before and drink this chocolate drink 2 hours before.. Let you know how it is..

xoxo

• Posted

Good luck 🍀Try not to worry, although I'm a right one to say that!!

My pelvis, pubic bone and tummy is really sore today. My leg started aching again last night and a bit this morn too👎Feel like I'm ok one day then gone backwards the next....

• Posted

Oh my gosh!  Please let me know how things go on Monday.

How are you feeling? xxx

• Posted

What can we do right... we can dwell or try to be positive..THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!
    • Posted

Hi Creedes,

Any news? You ok? Hope so😉

• Posted

Well I found out today may have to do surgery again to remove ovary. Trust me I am exhausted trying to be positive..
    • Posted

Oh god really?! Why now and not during the previous op? Is this connected to the blood clot?

I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm not surprised your exhausted and no doubt very worried about it all. Will they be operating soon or do you have to wait a while?

Sending you a big hug mrs....x

• Posted

Oh, my gosh!  Did they tell you why it needs to be removed?  I'm so sorry that this is occurring!  

Please let me know how you're getting on!  (((BIG HUG)))

• Posted

I have some kind of cyst that has grown on my ovary...waiting to hear
    • Posted

As if you haven't gone through enough!  So, this cyst has grown since your surgery?

• Posted

Wow really..,Shocking for you! So do you have this in addition to the blood clot? I cannot believe it. Have you been in pain then or did they just see this when they scanned you?

Am so sorry to hear this is happening to you after your op. X

• Posted

Well, if the cyst has grown that fast it is cause for concern...are they going to call you? 

I think that it is good that it has been found though!  I guess that's one way to look at it!

• Posted

Waiting for that call
    • Posted

Please know that I am thinking of you, and that your doctors will suggest a speedy course of action!  

Please let us know, will you?  (((BIG HUG))) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.