Blood Clot

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been over 2 weeks started th have pain in the left leg. Pain actually started a week ago, but I have a high tolerance for pain and just kept on thinking it would go away.....Finally went to dr's she ran blood test because she was suspicious of me having blood clot started me on blood thinners called Eloquist. Side effect of blood thinner is bleeding. Two days pass I go in for Ultrasound of left leg no blood clot there which indicates blood clot is in my chest. Thank god on blood thinners. Going for CT scan today... Keep you posted other than that recovery going really well!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gosh Creedes, sorry to hear that! Has it def gone to chest though?

I'm 4wks post op now and had awful pain in my right leg and went for an ultrasound and they didn't find anything in my leg or groin.

I'm feeling much better now thankfully and the pain has subsided from my leg, I think as I've been more mobile.

Hope it all goes ok x

• Posted

I've read you are a lot more likely to get DVT after an abdominal surgery - very lucky you stopped ignoring the signals and went to your Dr! Really hope all goes well - and that you get better soon! Sounds like you have a good Dr too - getting you on blood thinners super quick!

• Posted

I'm so glad it was caught in time!  Thank heavens!  You have a good MD.  Please let me know how you're doing!  

• Posted

Please do let me know how you're doing!  Rest and take care of yourself!  And, let me know how you get on! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.