Blood clot fears and Heath anxieties

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had health issues and anxieties for over two months, stemming from a dizziness issue. I had headaches, neck pain, etc. I saw numerous doctors, MRIs, blood tests, etc.

This all started to go away but about two weeks ago I had some heart racing and pains. I went to the heart doctor who did and echo, d-dimer, ekg, and other blood work. Since then I have head leg pains and have been freaking out it is a blood clot. I had an ultrasound and the technician said my veins were beautiful. I just can't get over it. I believe I am still suffering from anxiety over the initial issues I had and it seems as one issue goes another appears. I just fear instant death and ignoring an Issue.

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Read all our other stuff.one thing goes another. Starts anxiety causes us to focus on symptom so much we convince ourselves allsots . Docs have reassured you. Talk her it helps when people reassure you as well who go through same as you. Hard to calm down when obsessing . My head never stops. Gets better but need to tell doc all these feelings . Keep mind active when obsessing.talk here .great helpful prople❤️
    • Posted

Thank you for this! I know , I have been reassured. I Just worry about stupid thins like what if they did the d-dimer too soon and missed it. What if the clot is not in the leg but pelvis. Thank you for the response and reassurance.
    • Posted

I always stick with the endless loop about thinking that they missed the next symptom, but i guess now that is just part of out obsessive-anxiety
    • Posted

Yes, we just need to let go and live as hard as it may be
    • Posted

Or after you leave a new symtom in the same vicinity pops up and gets intense but you kmow you cant go back so fast.
    • Posted

Hey K,

It is really a blessing that you are healthy and if the docs told you that you are healthy then you don't overwrite that. Just accept it as is and move on. I know the worry is one the worst thing that ruminates in your mind and keeps you in fear of fear.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Do you know that 85% of things that you worry never happen? Think about it, does it worth worrying?

In order to overcome you worrisome thoughts, just try to use mindfulness. Just acknowledge that your thoughts are there, accept them and let them go, do not judge them just let them go. It will take some practice to do it, but it is doable.

I don't know anything about your lifestyle but try to be active, eat healthy, get rest and get good night's sleep. At least 8 hours. Sometimes we underestimate the how important to have a quality good sleep. If you don't get enough sleep your body will stress out which can cause all sorts of things, even trigger anxiety.

• Posted

I know. I am so lucky to be an overall healthy person. I do need to exercise and eat a little better. I am afraid of the exercising because of the fear of breaking this blood clot loose. I know this is stupid. I know I have to do these things and get out of this funk. It's just hard to accept when sysmptoms last so long and seem so prevelant.

• Posted

Oh my goodness. You sound exactly like me. I’ve “had a blood clot” for years now. It causes me to lay in bed more because of the fear of it loosening. I know the probability of a clot being there for years is not even remotely likely but I still freak out. I’m now pregnant & freak out more than ever with any twinge of pain in my leg or chest. Tell me you’ve found a way to overcome this by now so you can share it with me 🙏🏼

• Posted

I had the same symptoms and I know exactly how you feel. I kept thinking I had a blood clot in my lower leg then get a bad headache then my heart would start racing. I had test done everything is ok. I would get dizzy, hot flashes,tight chest it's rediculous. What makes it worse for me is I'm an EMT and I know to much. But, it's all from anxiety. It can give so many mental and physical symptoms. Having said that even as uncomfortable it can get anxiety can't kill you learning to except and work through it is a start. The doctor cleared you now reassure yourself. I know it sounds crazy talk to yourself tell yourself it's just my anxiety tell it to stop. If you concentrate on it and give it last longer and makes it worse. There are anxiety meditation videos that before I thought were stupid until I needed them and used them they really do help. Maybe talk to doctor about medication if you need to. But, rest assure there are many people here with the same issues and always here to help get you through.

• Posted

Thank you for this thoughtful response. I know this is what I need to do. I know I need to let it go. It just scares me it's been three weeks and the leg pains come and go and obviously frighten me, but I must accept it is my mind aging tricks on me. Your mind is so powerful and cause every symptom in the book.

• Posted

I've had a lot of these symptoms and same as you all tests MRI, bloods etc all clear... it turned out to be built up stress and it was manifesting this way in my body physical symptoms and awful anxiety that am still not 100 percent over yet... are you under stress or has anything traumatic happened still the beginning of all this... gonna sound ridiculous but start taking up excersise even healthy eating and take care of your mind and body... it will start to heal itself.. excersise really helps the body destress even just going small walk a day would do wonders... you will start to heal when you or things in place that helps your body stay out of stress as hard as that is cause the stresses of life itself isn't easy... but I found when a looked back to when it all started a was under a lot of stress.. am making small changes at min and already noticed a difference but a know take a while to fully get better as I ended up with health anxiety through this as all the physical symptoms a just convinced myself something seriously was wrong and a couldn't shut it out...hope you feel better soon...

• Posted

Thank you for this thoughtful response. I know I need to do this too but the fear I have this clot at time scares me to even move. But I know this is my mind trying to get to me. I must continue on and live me life and divert my focus. I hope you continue to feel better as well!
    • Posted

Thanks.. I know it's really difficult.. I fight the health anxiety everyday it's really scary... and debilating

• Posted

Yeah especially when you have symptoms that last awhile. And it's all you can focus on which obviously just feeds your anxiety.

• Posted

Yeah your right.. am dealing with heavy chest and a worry constantly is my heart beating right feel like a can't breathe...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.