Blood clot fears and Heath anxieties

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had health issues and anxieties for over two months, stemming from a dizziness issue. I had headaches, neck pain, etc. I saw numerous doctors, MRIs, blood tests, etc.

This all started to go away but about two weeks ago I had some heart racing and pains. I went to the heart doctor who did and echo, d-dimer, ekg, and other blood work. Since then I have head leg pains and have been freaking out it is a blood clot. I had an ultrasound and the technician said my veins were beautiful. I just can't get over it. I believe I am still suffering from anxiety over the initial issues I had and it seems as one issue goes another appears. I just fear instant death and ignoring an Issue.

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is no instant death. Symotoms change up and get can very weird. Also, Panic attacks and anxiety is your mind and body over protecting you. Its a primitive instinctive survival thing oddly, it alters the quality of life though. 
  • Posted

Today hasn't been easy.

• Posted

I just want to feel okay and scary symptom free
    • Posted

I feel your pain sad 2.36am am up in panic burning chest again and just horrible dread feeling won't go away... hope your ok

• Posted

I am okay. Feeling numb and tingly in my left arm and leg and pain. Trying to ignore. Find a show you love!
    • Posted

Sometimes all we can really do is ignore eh cause it's not leaving... a know one day you will be rid of this and have the happy care free life you deserve.. just keep pushing forward through the tough times and that rainbow is just around the corner... God Bless

• Posted

Hi just read yours and k39588. Hope you ok. It's horrid when you have a bad night, anxiety then makes me obsess ( will I have a bad night next night) ? Anxiety tells us the worst. I had good night. Good sleep. After years l know I'll have good and bad and it's hard for us to be positive( never thought I could ever feel positive) but I know some nights are ok. When I'm obsessing I talk. Writing here is so helpful. Stops racing head, remember when having a bad night thousands of others are up thoughts racing its sad but we're not crazy , we're not alone??

• Posted

Aw thanks Edwina.. your so right..and I have found these forums to be so helpful and it's nice although it's not nice for us to go through anxiety of any sort it's nice to know you not alone and others do feel similar to you...

• Posted

It is nice to have other's who understand. I just feel like I am getting worse and will have to go spend more money sad

• Posted

keep busy..read if you can..watch a nice uplifting movie.. go for nice relaxing bath.. anytime the thoughts come back in due to the symptom keep telling yourself no am fine am not going there today...the longer you turn negative thoughts into positive ones the easier it will become.. do you have faith? I know me perosnally without my faith I would struggle more but it's nice to just say a wee prayer and release it to God sometimes... I will keep you in my prayers that your able to get peace

• Posted

It is hard for me to know if I should be worrying or not
    • Posted

Tell me about it, I worry if I have nothing to worry about. My anxiety tells me there must be something to worry about. ( my head just needs a rest. Try and keep busy. I do get good spells but drives us mad. Not alone .talk again ❤️
    • Posted

Haah. Me too. I actually think to myself "oooh, havent been panicking about anything of late" and then sure as can be, itll start !!

• Posted

My leg just keeps feeing squeezed and I had my second ultrasound in a week done. I am so scared something has been missed. No medicine is helping.
    • Posted

As hard as it is you just have to try your hardest to ignore it your brain is tricking you they haven't missed anything a promise they would Be able to detect a clot straight away even from a blood test my mother in law had it on her Leg and blood test told them right away you've had all these tests plus more come back clear... it's now stuck in your head and it's your mind causing the symptom to stay.. I really feel for you when I suffered with burning and leg pressure for almost a year a thought a was gonna go crazy as it was so real

And they just couldn't tell me what was wrong the more I ignore the more a don't notice it much anymore it comes and goes where as before it was stuck on all the time

• Posted

I know. I just worry that the d-dimer was done too soon to catch it or that the ultrasounds missed it. My doctors tell me not to worry and are highly regarded. The lab I went to for the ultrasounds is also well known. I just fear and am not ready to die. I am young and I should be enjoying life. I just need relief from all the issues I have had. It has been a draining 3 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.