Blood Pressure at young age 27 feeling depressed :(

Posted , 27 users are following.

I have got BP problem at very young age 27 ,my bp is high always it some time 180/110,160/100 and sometime 143/77 , I have gone through blood test urine test all my test are normal,my bp was detected 2 years back when my weight was 110kg but i decided to loose my weight instead of going for medication after 1 and the half year my weight is 92 but still my bp is high ,doc have told me to go for medication ,now I m starting with medication but I am feeling deprseed how come my bp is detected at such young age need ur help guys ,is der no any other way den taking medicine ,doc r telling me to go for medication and dnt think much,pls need ur help guys

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know your pain man. I'm 29 had recently found out i had high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I did a couple of things i researched, and so far it seems to be working after only 2 weeks! My readings were around 160/100 and pulse was around 105ish. I'm about 15 lbs. Over weight, and moderately watched what i ate with the occasional splurge, but i realized i was rarely ever active except with playing with my kids.

So, first thing i did was set up an exercise routine (which i still do today) ride 3 miles in 10 minutes(or as fast as i could) on a bike in morning, and a high intensity workout at night for 25 minutes. I also limited myself to less than 2 grams of sodium a day, and cut dairy and all meats except salmon out of my diet. I drink a blended fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast with Spirulina, a clove of garlic added to it and eat 1/4 a cup of whole flax seeds with it. For lunch i eat Turkey flavored Tofu(tastes identical to turkey seriously you couldn't tell the difference) and salad with a bosc pear. Dinner, i eat Quinoa(which if you hadn't seen or heard of this you need to get it, it's amazingly healthy) no sodium kidney beans, and either salmon or mixed vegetables. Doing this I've gotten it steadily to be around 120/75 with pulse around 80-90. And like i said this is all in literally 2 weeks. So don't give up man, it's a scary battle but research some foods that help reduce blood pressure, and change your lifestyle if possible. Even if you have to take the medication, rest assured that you've caught the problem early and i know a few people who've been on blood pressure medicine for 30+ years and still healthy and active. So keep your head up

• Posted

The causes of HTN are mostly unknown.  There's no reason to feel depressed--most people get HTN at some point in their lives, or other, worse conditions; just shrug and accept it.

What meds?  And how much?

• Posted

Hey Abhij how are you doing now?? Me too just got HBP last week with 164/ 93 reading.... it so depressing honestly but I tried to change my diet with lots of vegetables/ bananas/ herbal tea / juice/ Fish went don’t to 146/88... still high but at least I see some improvement 
  • Posted

I m working as nursing officer..25 yr and befor 2 day I found my self hypertensive...doctor start me metoprolol medicine.....its reallly hard to accept...I dnt know how I wil come out from anxiety...its soooooo hard.to soooohard to accept
    • Posted

I'm on that medication too. Now my doctor wants me to take 100mg of it. I signed up for a workout class so hopefully that will help.

• Posted

Do you check your BP prior to starting exercise and during it?
    • Posted

Yes it's much lower after exercising. It's in the 130s/80s

• Posted

Hi i was diagnosed with hbp yesterday and the doctor said that i need to take medicine/maintenance for lifetime. It's really depressing cause i'm only 22 years old. Any recommendations or suggestions please 

• Posted

Im right there with you. Just left the doctor today and it was 160/100. I'm 31 and my mom had a stroke, grandmother, 3 aunts, 2 uncles and a cousin had one too. Yes it is very depressing. I'm going to try exercising which I hadn't really done on a regular basis because I associated it with weight loss, not health. Hopefully this will help. God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.