Blood pressure problems PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

i have been experiancing health issues for the last 5 years since one day sitting down and having the most extream panic attack. ive since been diagnosed with biscupid valve, had a ct scan and they have assured me my heart is fine.

ive had high blood pressure for a while now and im getting very scared. 37 father of 4 , i dont make life easy for myself it is stressful. my heart rate is always around 147/93 156/90.

i have managed to get my blood pressure down to 128/78 but my heart rate is 52 53 bpm

ive never known my heart to fall that low should i be worried ??? my heart rate fell to 47bpm yesterday saturday 27th im not a fit person at all i struggle climbing stairs , hiatus hernia always chest pain taking deep breaths although they say lungs clear.

i have been to hospital so many times no heart attack detected. i have become very scared and very anxious! my doctors are shrugging it off and i am trying ti think positive... can someone a doctor talk toi me and be honest please.

thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You may not like the answer to this. But, you have had checkups, the doctors will not help you anymore. They will put all your symptoms down to stress, I have been there. If you still think this is something physical instead of mental, you need to do the following.

1. Start mediating. 10 minutes per night. Find a quiet room, stick some headphones on, put a fan on and close out the rest of the world. Search Micheal sealey on YouTube.

2. You need to start eating for high blood pressure. Have this drink twice a week, celery, carrot, spinage, half advercardo and a pint of beetroot juice. This will lower BP, if you other diet is on point.

3. Get your ass to the gym.

You have choices, either carry on as you are and live a stressful life, worrying if you are going to die any second, or do something about it. If you do all this, and there are still problems, then you have ammunition to get back to the doctors.

• Posted

thank you spencer great advice!!!!! i am waiting to hear back on results i may making my conditions worse stress anxiety etc maybe ill give the matazapine a go im not one for taking drugs, always used to be in controle.. i am going to take your advise and take the drink and diet change!

• Posted

You have no choice but to do this on your own. If you have a medical reason for taking meds to lower BP, then fine. But don't just take them when you have not sorted the other aspects of your life, they should be a last result. That drink, along with exercise and a decent diet, will lower your BP about 10, 15 points.

The meditation is essential, essential for lower anxeity, which in essence is the over release of Cortisol. Meditation will help lower this. This could be a blood test you ask for as well.

You can't blame doctors, stress for your BP, when you have not changed your lifestyle and start putting in the effort yourself. Get your trainers on and go for a run, walk now. You will feel better for it.

• Posted

I think it might be a side effect from your meds? I've been trying to cope with very high blood pressure for 2 years and I think the doctors largely try a one size fits all solution and that's not always the case.

I'd keep trying and asking for different drugs that regulate your BP and heart rate properly and don't make you feel worse than you were before.

• Posted

hello thanks for the advise and you are right, although i am not on anything for my heart or blood pressure only ppi for my stomach...

• Posted

Sean,

Dietary intervention is where you should start and I don't mean any YouTube ideas here as there are many videos out there highlighting ways to lower blood pressure. The American Society of Hypertension, a conference I attended in Chicago last September, promote DIETARY APPROACHES TO STOP HYPERTENSION (DASH DIET). Not only will this improve your blood pressure, but will also help you maintain your potassium/sodium balance, loose weight, and restore your lipid profile (cholesterol) to somewhere near normal. There are many authors jumping in on publishing DASH DIET books, but the one that you should get is by Thomas Moore MD (and recommended by the American Heart Association).

Hope this helps.

Paul

• Posted

paul thank you so much for taking the time to reply, this means a lot... i will as you and spencer said start with diet and get some exersize... although climbing stairs is a little struggle....

• Posted

Sean,

I use to be 14 stone and now just under 12 stone. And with this healthy diet I seem to be eating just as mush as before.

• Posted

hi conns

will you be attending this year?

• Posted

VeeWat,

Only looking to attend the Saturday sessions. Want to enjoy the week in New Orleans, and as my USA doctor will be attending the conference, I shall meet up with him during my stay.

Paul

• Posted

do you have a link to the conference?

NO is a nice town.

• Posted

Veewat,

Best to Google it as Moderators of the Forum don't appear to like hyperlinks.

Hypertension 2019 Scientific Sessions

September 5–8, 2019

New Orleans Marriott | New Orleans, Louisiana

Probably attend more than one day as there are some very good sessions scheduled.

Paul

• Posted

That sounds really great. i'm afraid i cant go. i have nice memories of NO. You will keep us informed about it? Enjoy the food.

• Posted

Hi Sean. Hey sorry to hear of your issues. Your BP is a little high, especially for someone still on the good side of 40, LOL, but I guess not too surprising if it comes with stress issues. I see others have already offered some good advice.

You say you're not a fit person. Well, ..does that include weight? Even modest amounts of exercise are very worthwhile, will help with the stress, and with the BP, and prevent future health issues as well.

While I don't like taking drugs either, there are more drugs that might help. I'd go with the exercise, diet, and meditation kinds of things first, though. Start with this: just stop, and smile, and laugh for a moment, for that one moment tell the world to go stuff itself! It's not a full solution, but it might be a necessary part of a full solution, LOL!

• Posted

Your BP is absolutely fine at 128/78.BPM in the 50's are also OK. If 47 was a one off dont worry.You need to de-stress in whatever way is right for you and BP and BPM will stay fine.Are you on anxyolytics and/or anti=hypertensives?

• Posted

john hi, i am not on anything for it, i have to monitor for 5 days. its been between 147 and 156 i managed to relax and get down to 127 but my pulse was 52 bpm......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.