Blood pressure raised due to lack of sleep ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My hypertension had been pretty much under control in the past two years and I was down 12.5 mg of losartan a day.

With worsening insomnia my BP in the past two or there months has been very erratic. I'm happy if it is around the 140/80 mark but I have been getting readings of 200+/110 but my heart rate stays around 70 bpm and I do have a pacemaker. If I increase losartan or perhaps if I'm very relaxed by bed time it can go down to 114/69 but by morning it is mostly up to about 180/90

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am having problems with sleep two years now I fall asleep immediately but wake up every two to three hours is that what you do?Anyway yes it is affecting my blood pressure. I am on viatiman D because my levels were low . I still am not sleeping better but I feel better not as depressed just hoping I can get zzz soon it's not good for blood pressure at all. Like you mine is worse without good sleep. what is keeping you up and how long do you sleep when you fall asleep

• Posted

I waken up after approximately two hours and feel unable to get back to sleep. I don't really need the toilet but try to go to hopefully prevent needing later but usually don't pass anything. I have half a cup of heated milk and a biscuit and they say do the wrong thing by looking at E-Mails or reading on line news. Go back to bed after about 40 minutes and hopefully get back to sleep if not up for another 20 minutes. Back to sleep and waken after about an hour and a half and through the same procedure. Back to bed and hopefully doze off for a while. If not get up.

I think that it is all part of Flouroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome caused by that antibiotic that has caused me neuropathy in my lower left leg giving me walking problems. Insomnia can be one of its many other side effects.

• Posted

sounds like me cant seem to sleep more than 2 hrs at a time. what antibiotic did you take to get toxicity. I am praying for you this totally sucks

• Posted

Cipro and fluoroquinolone. There is now a Forum for it. Some people can take it others are affected by just one tablet. Some like me get over the first effects but it can lay dormant and get back or in my case triggered by two later medications I was prescribed. The most common start is tendonitis or a ruptured tendon.

In my case I was given it for a prostate infection while in hospital to have my aortic valve replaced. I wondered how I got tendonitis when not walking around.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-2635

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.