blood pressure v high and heartrate elevated for past 2 days ,should I monitor linger or go to gp to

Posted , 9 users are following.

Checked bp etc yesterday and to my horror bp 156/116 bpm 153,it has stayed much the same fir 36 hours now varying a little each test but never anywhere near normal,never checked it before so scared it has been like this for ages and has done damage term silent killer freaking me out  and I have a phobia of medics ,advise please do I need er visit or do I monitor for days and then go ,thanks

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I hope you went DR's today and its being sorted, maybe your machine is naff, not likely but you never know

• Posted

MAYBE your bp monitor is on the fritz!!  Calm down.  Stop taking your bp until you see your doctor.  You will be okay.
  • Posted

Saw ur post now...a fast irregular pulse of 150bpm, is serious....either call ambulance or ask someone to take you to a&e...

• Posted

Hi I think frightening comment's don't help, no one has said it irregular, have they just fast and she's very anxious so comments like that don't help

• Posted

Hi how are you doing, have you tried to bring your appointment forward, that does seem a long way off, could you not ring and explain and get an emergency one for sooner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.