Blood test and feeling a bit down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a blood test on Wednesday phone call from doctors on Thursday asking me to visit him?

Results as follows

TSH 0.01

Free T4 25.2

Free T3 15.1

Doc says I need to visit consultant at hospital.

Are these recordings really serious.

I have epilepsy do those drugs may be interact to cause thyroid problems I think not but any ideas. Be gentle with me im a newbie

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Once again thanks for all you help and advice. Today I have woken up with one completely blood shot eye . Is this a symptom of the thyroid problem.

• Posted

Hi Kevin, not sure about the bloodshot eye. But hyperthyroidism can result in gradual thickening of the tissue behind the eyes, which can eventually lead to bulging ir bug eyed look- which is definately a symptom of hyperthyroid.

Hypothyroidism generally leads to a sunken eye look.

I have to say, your situation is very concerning. Thyroid disease is extremely difficult to treat. If you readvthrough the many posts here, its pretty obvious there usnt anneasy solution for thyroid disease, as the treatments offered all make the problems worse. At best, thyroid disease treatment trades one illness for another. At worst, treatment of thyroid disease results in multiple additional disease conditions, accelerates thyroid disease and even eventual death. 

This is why your best bet is to look at your other meds. Hyperthyroid disease is far less common than hypothyroid disease. The lag time on a body’s response and changes in thyroid blood test results can take a long time. Even hough you haven't changed your meds in a year, they're still the most likely culprit. Take a look at your thyroid levels over the last few years if you have them, you might see a slow change which wasn't flagged early. 

Also, do you regularly get a full thyroid panel with your bloodwork? This is highly unusual, and could indicate docs are aware of hyperthyroid disease as a consequence of the anti-seizure meds.

It can take thyroid patients years or even decades to get a full thyroid panel done, as only TSH is usually done as a screening. 

You might consider a holistic type if practitioner such as acupuncture to help with some of the symptoms from the meds. The endless train of taking a medication to treat the side effects of other meds is a recipe for continued illness, even death.

• Posted

Hi Kevin if you haven't already please get your heart and BP checked, bloodshot eyes (especially if it's only one) can be a sign of high blood pressure which is a symptom of hyperthyroidism which your TSH shows. You might have other symptoms like palpatations or nosebleeds?

• Posted

My blood pressure is allways high and so is heart rate has been for years. I have mediation to try and control it. My body last Wednesday waxs 123/92 heart rate 93
  • Posted

I have checked on that new NHS system and I have only ever been checked for tsh. The levels have normally been constant at about two for the last eleven blood tests dating back to 2006 k have blood test every year to check my sodium levels due to seizure meds. The n suddenly tsh drops to 0.01 . I havrv checked all other blood results and nothing else bar T4 and T3 are abnormal. It is concerning I am returning to doctors on Wednesday as I feel worse than when I saw him Last week. The referral to consultant takes two weeks I think so still a wait. I'm seeing neurologist for my six monthly visit a week on Tuesday so I can tell him . I still am not convinced the meds are the reason but there is not much more I can do. My heart beat taken when I was at docs was 102 and the bottom figure on blood pressure was 97. I know these are high and I guess they are all related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.