Blood tinged mucus after masturbating.

Posted , 15 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hokay, so ... I'm 23 and recently sexually active with my bf. My last period was August 24th and my next period should've happened somewhere between September 21st-28th. On the 28th after a quite intense masturbation session (5 times) I found a while later during a toilet break that there was a tint of blood in my mucus/discharge. It looked clear and otherwise normal for me apart from the tiny tinge of blood. I haven't had a period. October 6th my bf and I had sex and I didn't notice any bleeding then, but the 7th I masturbated and again found a tiny bit of blood. To be fair, I didn't orgasm during sex. That's probably the difference. We're getting a test on Saturday, but until then I just was wondering what might be other things to look into aside from possible pregnancy. Infections ...? Should I just avoid masturbating altogether until we find out what's up? What can help reduce the urges?

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh, I wanted to add that the bleeding is usually a one time kind of thing. It's not heavy, and I only find it when I wipe.  Just the same amount you'd probably get on a tissue if you blow your nose too hard by accident or something. It doesn't continue for hours or days. So it doesn't seem extreme. It's just ... new for me so I was a little concerned.
  • Posted

Highly unlikely to be anything serious. You don't say whether you are using relaible contraception or whether you are trying for a babe.  If the "test" is for pregancy you will soon find out!

Could simply be a small scratch or abrasion

• Posted

Further - I'm sure there is no need to stop or even to try to reduce the urges ...

That is natural for you

• Posted

Don't look out for anything, if you look you are sure to find something

that backs up your worry.

In my professional experience, just wait for the results. In the meantime

dont resist your urges, that's your body telling you what it needs, that's

natural.

• Posted

Just wanted to update. I've continued to have the tiny bit of blood after having an orgasm. I haven't experienced cramping. Two negative hpt. I've had some bleeding that seemed too light to be a period, but it was more than what I had been getting at random. My lower abdomen feels a bit tight. My vag feels tighter than usual, and it's become relatively uncomfortable. This gets worse when I feel aroused, have to pee, or after I orgasm. Kind of like it's swollen or constantly feels contracted. It's driving me nuts.

Anyone have any idea at all what might be causing this? I can't get in to see my doctor until Nov. 30th. Trying my best to stay sane here.

If you need more info just ask.

• Posted

I started going through old conversations online between me and my boyfriend. Then added info onto that, and realized my period has been quite strange for some time now. Based on those conversations and recent experiences, this is what I came up with. I'm getting really worried. sad

:: May ::

5/10 - spotted

5/15 - very light period?

:: June ::

6/4 - period cramps? spotting

6/6 - still crampy, stopped spotting.

6/28 - crampy

:: July ::

missed period

:: August ::

8/21 - still no period. cramps in pelvic area

8/24 - very light bleeding for 2 days. not enough to soak a pad.

:: September ::

(came to visit my bf in the start of September)

9/28 - still no period, but blood tinted mucus after orgasm

:: October ::

10/7 - blood tinted mucus again after orgasm

10/9 - still no period

:: November ::

11/9-11/12 - very light bleeding

• Posted

And more blood tinted mucus after an orgasm yesterday. 11/24. My bf and I haven't been active so it's all on me. I don't insert anything. So it can't be that either.
  • Posted

What was the cause, did you ever find out? I have been suffering from the same problems and pains!
    • Posted

Have you found out the issue?? I am stressing out so much! I saw my GP and she told me that it may be polycysitc ovarian syndrome but nothing can be determined until I get an ultrasound
  • Posted

I am literally having the same issue! Even the same thing with my period!! What did you find out? Please help! 
  • Posted

I'm having the EXACT same problem!! What did you ever find out? Please help!

• Posted

I never found out what was wrong. I was bleeding for months without stop, saw a doctor who put me on an ungodly birth control regiment, of 4 pills a day until the bleeding stops. But I was on 4 pills for weeks and of course it made me go literally insane, and the pain was unimaginable, combined with what they said was a UTI and taking treatment for that.

I saw a gyno who was appaulled at the 4 birthcontrol a day regiment, and they did an ultrasound to find that the wall lining was fine and I didn't need the flush, but he couldn't determine what was wrong either.

I had no time for the doctors to figure it out as I had a flight to Russia, where I saw a doctor there, who said the birth control regiment was also insane. She could do nothing in intervening with the hormone treatment without approval from my doctors in America, but she did prescribe a blood coagulating pill that stopped the bleeding within 2 days! The ONLY thing that worked!!

AFter that, things seemed relatively normal, except the next time I had my period it went on for 11 days, as if it weren't going to stop, so I took the blood coagulate again, and it stopped. The period after that seemed perfectly normal. So it seems that I'm back to normal.

Doctors could never figure it out. They all said I was perfectly healthy. I was checked for thyroid problems, PCOS, and a number of other problems, to no avail.

I can't to this day, say exactly what it was, but I can at least say is the difference in life styls. When I was having the bleeding problem, I was more sexually charged, and now that I'm not having the bleeding problem, I find my sexuality has gone way way down. It sounds to me like that would be hormone related, but that's all I've got. I hope this can help someone out there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.