Bloodwork/confusing/ question......

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am approaching the seven month mark, and feel awful-and more limited than I did a few months back-

which I was limited for the first few months as well*

I am curious, has anyone gotten basic bloodwork done and it all comes back ok?

I got the basics /Lipid/CBC etc

it all looks good indicating no infection.

A few months back I got my EPV levels checked, they were high.

I was diagnosed with EPV AUG/18

(took four months for diagnosis though)

EPV is a seperate test so it would only show on that?????

My question is how can I have EPV and feel so terrible, but my overall health bloodwork is good? How can it not throw off other things in your overall system? It makes me think that these Doctors think I'm nuts and its all in my head.?

so confused.......

would'nt my WBC count be up if my body is fighting this?

I have night sweats, muscle fatigue nausea etc all classic things-

How can this virus hide like this?

0 likes, 37 replies

Report / Delete

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Nature of this horrible beast I am afraid!!!!!

I wish you healing. TAKE IT VERY easy and rest as much as possible it can be a long journey xxoo

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I haven't but my husband had in 1968 and he was in isolation hospital on liquids for 2 weeks and was told he would have relapses for 2 years which he did!

my daughter had age 14 and I believe her health probs stem back to then. SHE IS 42.

one of my granddaughters had EBV 2 and half years ago and is not in school because of CFS.

you need rest, rest and more rest.

x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Krys,

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter and daughter's health issues, this virus is so awful and tries to be so destructive, I just hope and pray for breakthrough and recovery and good health for you, your daughter and granddaughter. God is the great healer I believe He is going to help you and praying for blessings and healing from Jesus in your family.

Thanks for the encouraging words for folks here Krys, it is very much appreciated and do keep in touch and let us know how you and your family are doing over the coming period. Thinking about you.

Craig

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

P.S. Bowen Therapy is natural alternative therapy I have found very helpful for all sorts of aches, pains and fatigue type issues over many years - maybe it could be something worth looking into for your granddaughter - it's very safe and non-evasive, certainly can't do any harm.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

when i got bloodwork done after 5 months of fatigue at the er everything was good but still knew somwthing was not right so asked dr for ebv test and yes positive .

i felt like i got worse once diagnosed as stopped working out and its been a rollercoaster ever since .and yes bloodwork can look good and still have ebv

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank u Lori-:-)

yea

i knew /had a hunch-

in beginning what i had some Mono" thing

but had to go the infectious disease dr to get accurate info/tests

sure enough

EPV numbers high*

it all made sense

i got hit so hard

i could not work out or move -nothing

i think its strange that bloodwork can look fine and i am sicker than a dog!?!

it bugs me but am glad other things are healthy-

i live in the deep south in the US

im from out west

i grew up in mountains with zero problems

move out here

subtropical climates breed this stuff more i guess?

ugh

scary

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

dont think it has anything to do with climate could be when hormones drop depending on your age . stress...anything can

bring it on . and yes 2 drs missed my illness i just happened to see a post on the womens forum about ebv and then everything was clear . its a nasty nasty virus that takes a long time to go unless you are 18.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yea

who knows

i was under tremendous stress when this hit me overnight!

bad stress.....

but also work in dentistry and my ID DR says I picked it up there because it was acute/fever the works?

lived here over 3 years

i go back to work for three months and get super sick;

fishy?

dr after dr after dr after er

four months of BS/searching

i thought i was dying and went to infectious dr twice to push him to run EPV test

bingo!-

why are they so aloof with all this?!

i just want it to go

im tired of the games this virus plays with my body

if i got it young

maybe id be stronger against it

i had zero illness growing up....

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My titer count was really high when tested for EBV but the rest of my bloodwork was normal. EBV is a monster that hides out, but eventually goes away. I remember feeling so terrible I felt like I had been shredded in a cheese grater. Hang in there because eventually you WILL get well.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi Forgetmenot

thanks for your info and encouragement

the bloodwork is tricky

doctors pay no mind to you because it looks good~

......i agree with u

epv is a monster/demon same thing^^^

jeez!!!!

i mean, cheese grader/meat grinder

same thing--:-)

i feel like ive been in both

i cannot comprehend that there is a virus like this that causes this many issues at once*

approaching month 7 -:-|

i thank u again for your time, it helps a ton~

takeCare!.....

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im getting and another ebv victim on here ozone therapy ...you may want to look into it people have had good results with it . they take about a cup of blood infuse it with ozone then reinject it into your body

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up