Bloodwork/confusing/ question......

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am approaching the seven month mark, and feel awful-and more limited than I did a few months back-

which I was limited for the first few months as well*

I am curious, has anyone gotten basic bloodwork done and it all comes back ok?

I got the basics /Lipid/CBC etc

it all looks good indicating no infection.

A few months back I got my EPV levels checked, they were high.

I was diagnosed with EPV AUG/18

(took four months for diagnosis though)

EPV is a seperate test so it would only show on that?????

My question is how can I have EPV and feel so terrible, but my overall health bloodwork is good? How can it not throw off other things in your overall system? It makes me think that these Doctors think I'm nuts and its all in my head.?

so confused.......

would'nt my WBC count be up if my body is fighting this?

I have night sweats, muscle fatigue nausea etc all classic things-

How can this virus hide like this?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Nature of this horrible beast I am afraid!!!!!

I wish you healing. TAKE IT VERY easy and rest as much as possible it can be a long journey xxoo

• Posted

thank u

may I ask you are you sick or have you had this?

for how long?.......

so its normal to have good bloodwork and feel like CRAP?!

• Posted

I haven't but my husband had in 1968 and he was in isolation hospital on liquids for 2 weeks and was told he would have relapses for 2 years which he did!

my daughter had age 14 and I believe her health probs stem back to then. SHE IS 42.

one of my granddaughters had EBV 2 and half years ago and is not in school because of CFS.

you need rest, rest and more rest.

x

• Posted

Hi Krys,

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter and daughter's health issues, this virus is so awful and tries to be so destructive, I just hope and pray for breakthrough and recovery and good health for you, your daughter and granddaughter. God is the great healer I believe He is going to help you and praying for blessings and healing from Jesus in your family.

Thanks for the encouraging words for folks here Krys, it is very much appreciated and do keep in touch and let us know how you and your family are doing over the coming period. Thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

P.S. Bowen Therapy is natural alternative therapy I have found very helpful for all sorts of aches, pains and fatigue type issues over many years - maybe it could be something worth looking into for your granddaughter - it's very safe and non-evasive, certainly can't do any harm.

• Posted

when i got bloodwork done after 5 months of fatigue at the er everything was good but still knew somwthing was not right so asked dr for ebv test and yes positive .

i felt like i got worse once diagnosed as stopped working out and its been a rollercoaster ever since .and yes bloodwork can look good and still have ebv

• Posted

thank u Lori-:-)

yea

i knew /had a hunch-

in beginning what i had some Mono" thing

but had to go the infectious disease dr to get accurate info/tests

sure enough

EPV numbers high*

it all made sense

i got hit so hard

i could not work out or move -nothing

i think its strange that bloodwork can look fine and i am sicker than a dog!?!

it bugs me but am glad other things are healthy-

i live in the deep south in the US

im from out west

i grew up in mountains with zero problems

move out here

subtropical climates breed this stuff more i guess?

ugh

scary

• Posted

dont think it has anything to do with climate could be when hormones drop depending on your age . stress...anything can

bring it on . and yes 2 drs missed my illness i just happened to see a post on the womens forum about ebv and then everything was clear . its a nasty nasty virus that takes a long time to go unless you are 18.

• Posted

yea

who knows

i was under tremendous stress when this hit me overnight!

bad stress.....

but also work in dentistry and my ID DR says I picked it up there because it was acute/fever the works?

lived here over 3 years

i go back to work for three months and get super sick;

fishy?

dr after dr after dr after er

four months of BS/searching

i thought i was dying and went to infectious dr twice to push him to run EPV test

bingo!-

why are they so aloof with all this?!

i just want it to go

im tired of the games this virus plays with my body

if i got it young

maybe id be stronger against it

i had zero illness growing up....

• Posted

My titer count was really high when tested for EBV but the rest of my bloodwork was normal. EBV is a monster that hides out, but eventually goes away. I remember feeling so terrible I felt like I had been shredded in a cheese grater. Hang in there because eventually you WILL get well.

• Posted

hi Forgetmenot

thanks for your info and encouragement

the bloodwork is tricky

doctors pay no mind to you because it looks good~

......i agree with u

epv is a monster/demon same thing^^^

jeez!!!!

i mean, cheese grader/meat grinder

same thing--:-)

i feel like ive been in both

i cannot comprehend that there is a virus like this that causes this many issues at once*

approaching month 7 -:-|

i thank u again for your time, it helps a ton~

takeCare!.....

• Posted

im getting and another ebv victim on here ozone therapy ...you may want to look into it people have had good results with it . they take about a cup of blood infuse it with ozone then reinject it into your body

• Posted

hi,

sorry youre going through this. i had very very extensive blood work done repeatedly and all my results were PERFECT even though i was terribly unwell.. with severe fatigue weakness, short of breath, chest pain, night sweats, headaches, sore throat, etc.

like you, docs and family thought i was having a mental breakdown lol. I was very unwell from november-april and then things improved quite dramatically. a year later i am back at 95%. dont get discouraged by the months and try not to compare your timeline too much... take comfort that you will get better and it will likely happen slowly, slowly, with small progress, then rather suddenly with lots of progress.. please dont panic, after half a year of being home i was certain it would never end but it does..

• Posted

thank u

i feel like im losing my mind here

such difficult symptoms to deal with and explain at times

but the muscle weakness/fatigue/nausea/headache/is tough

leg back pain

although strangly my muscle fatigue and pain has been dimmed somehow like its there but being blocked-crazy right?

i feel like a piece of jello when i wake in the am

so weak and my symptoms changed last three weeks

new stuff/old too

?

very overwhelming this event and at 7 months of being home and feeling even more limited lately its starting to become more difficult day to day

people that havnt gone through this have no idea how ill you really feel

im ready to be well but not sure when it will happen.....

thank u for your encouragement

im leaning on all of yo here more than my family right now.....

im praying hard!

• Posted

youre not alone .. im having the craziest past 2 weeks total relapse ..sick of lying down cant relax .. wired but tired..all a nightmare !

• Posted

Hang in there Lori - still believing you are going to get better and that better times are ahead. Hoping so much this ozone therapy can help and make a real difference for the better. Thinking of you today.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig ! yes big day for me ... thanks for all your support

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Just wondering how things went for you yesterday with the ozone therapy, wanted you to know I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Hoping that you are feeling okay after it and remember to rest if it's taken a bit out of you to go through that yesterday.

Hang in there Lori, I'm still believing God is right there with you every step of the way and has got you firmly held and is healing you in Jesus' name.

Craig

• Posted

yes it was good .. great place did the ozone plus vitc and glutathione . i need to go at minimum twice a week so thats what ill be doing . not sure if i feel anything from just one session ... plus i didnt sleep well last night interrupted sleep all night . so im a bit groggy today . hope youre well will keep updating .

• Posted

Glad to hear Lori that the first session of the therapy went well, I'm guessing that these things take time to see a difference so hoping that it can really help and make a difference over the short, medium and longer term. That is good that it's a great place that has been doing it, it gives you a lot of comfort and reassurance if you feel you are in the hands of trustworthy professionals and also genuinely nice people who doing all they can to help and give you the right treatment.

Yes for sure keep updating us with this Lori, want to know how it's all going for sure. I have been doing not too bad this week thank you for asking, God has been helping me just still taking it a day at a time. Praise God for the good work He has done and is going to do in our lives Lori as He prospers us, heals us and transforms our lives. Praise God that He is going to do that.

Craig

• Posted

yes i am having 2 sessions next week and they say by 4th or 5th session you should start to see something . please GOD it helps had the worst relapse the last few weeks been worst 2 weeks of my life .

glad you are doing well craig ..: thats good to hear.

• Posted

Will be thinking about you for the therapy this coming week then Lori, hoping and praying it goes well and you can get through it safely and can start to see it making a really positive difference.

Hold tightly to your faith Lori, God is right there and is in control and loves you and is the great healer. Thinking about you and hoping for a much better week ahead - God is going to be your strength through this time - something is going to change for the better soon I believe.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig... yes its going to be a big week for me praying that GOD gets me through it . will need lots of rest and good sleep to get me through it

• Posted

Yes Lori God will get you through it, just a day at a time don't look far ahead. You did really well to get through that first session considering how you've been feeling, so keep going one step forward at a time.

Craig

• Posted

yes thanks to God i slept great the night before my appt so i made it there and back ok .

• Posted

Great Lori hoping that can be the case this week too 😃

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.