Bloodwork/confusing/ question......

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am approaching the seven month mark, and feel awful-and more limited than I did a few months back-

which I was limited for the first few months as well*

I am curious, has anyone gotten basic bloodwork done and it all comes back ok?

I got the basics /Lipid/CBC etc

it all looks good indicating no infection.

A few months back I got my EPV levels checked, they were high.

I was diagnosed with EPV AUG/18

(took four months for diagnosis though)

EPV is a seperate test so it would only show on that?????

My question is how can I have EPV and feel so terrible, but my overall health bloodwork is good? How can it not throw off other things in your overall system? It makes me think that these Doctors think I'm nuts and its all in my head.?

so confused.......

would'nt my WBC count be up if my body is fighting this?

I have night sweats, muscle fatigue nausea etc all classic things-

How can this virus hide like this?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Starr,

I definitely want to reassure you that this is absolutely normal and CLASSIC for mono - I had a blood test at the beginning that that's when I was diagnosed with mono / EBV, but had several other blood tests in the months after that and they showed absolutely clear and fine. I was baffled too thinking why am I feeling so awful but the blood tests are showing fine?

This really is normal Starr, want to reassure you - although the blood tests are showing normal now, your body will still be dealing with the mono and fighting the post-viral effects. And it doesn't mean in any way that you won't get better or that there is something strange or wrong because you feel so unwell but your blood tests show as normal - if anything take that as reassurance that what's going on is just the mono and nothing else, it's a good sign Starr even though I know it's frustrating because you are seeking for some kind of explanation as to why you're still feeling rough.

So, really just want you to be assured that this is a VERY typical and normal course for mono, and the fact that the blood test are good means that it's almost certainly all coming from the mono and nothing else. And remember that things will get better with time, 7 months I was still struggling but another few months down the line I had started to a see a real and major change which turned out praise God to be the start of full recovery.

And I truly believe that is what's ahead for you too Starr. Hoping so much these night sweats and fatigue and nausea settle down, you're doing the right thing keeping getting your bloods monitored - that is wise for sure and do continue to do that if you can over the coming period and of course don't hesitate to keep checking in with the doctor and discussing any concerns you have with them.

Thinking of you Starr and you ARE getting through this, God willing you won't have to go through anything like this past 7 months again - the early stages are the worst and most intense - better times and full recovery lie ahead for you I truly believe that in my heart.

Craig

• Posted

thank u craig,

im struggling

feeling so strange and so so ill

in a whole new way plus dealing with muscle problems/legs etc

its like they dont want me to use them too much....

feeling very sad today

im so glad i have you all

its very helpful

knowing people that actually feel what you have felt

im ready for this to end

its getting harder......

hope you are well.....

• Posted

Hi Starr,

I hope and pray so much that these issues with your muscles and legs settle down soon, please don't have any fears about keeping going to the doctor about it as many times as needed to discuss. I know it's hard though, especially when feeling so fragile, I often find at those times especially going to the doctor with someone I trust a family member (my mum often) has helped a lot, just to try and get the point across of how much suffering is going on and how much you really need some time, help, advice and reassurance.

It's understandable to feel sad, anxious, down, frightened and distressed during this Starr. I really empathise because those emotions are just the worst and are so draining, I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Please hang in there Starr, God has heard all of your prayers He knows the situation and I believe He is going to look after you and pull you through this. I still believe you are going to get better, hoping the doctors can offer some reassurance over these muscle and leg issues it sounds so awful to have to deal with. Thinking about you.

I mentioned on other post this morning about Bowen Therapy, a natural alternative therapy that I found very helpful with aches and pains, especially sciatica for me in the past. It's very safe and non evasive, certainly can't do any harm. Maybe worth looking into see if there's anyone local that practices this could be worth a try.

God is the great healer Starr - Jesus is our man He won't let us down.

Craig

• Posted

thank u Craig

yea the bloodwork i guess is a good thing

i really just am feeling so ill

everyday seems worse this past week/few weeks

i have always had low back/muscle/arm/leg issues with this from the beginning

it has attacked my whole spine affecting every single body part

so strange

that is what my infectious disease dr said

all the nerve signals to your muscles and what not are affected

and somehow my legs/arms got hit hard-

ive seen folks post their legs feel sore weak like jello/stiff too

i too have that

my muscles were very tight all over for first few months

intense

weak/ tight

low pain which ive never had-

which ive seen others post that too

strange how my whole body is so beat up

i stopped my antivirals

so that may be why things are worsening too

they are hard on your body

i wa on them three months and was still struggling but they helped a little

im so weak all over,nausea,headache, feel like im floating really

i have strentgh yet im weak all over strange concept

i feel like when will this be over

its getting so hard the more time passes

who knew someone could be this sick for this long?

its now to the point where i am just resting

i cant chase doctors right now

i got that bloodwork done to rule out anemia

and now i dont have the energy to much else

cant really leave house

back like in the beginning

feeling as if im reliving a whole new phase/illness/+ old problems-

i feel sick all over again like phase two or something

i tend to be very sensitive

i had a chest cold/bad for almost 5 months, i felt the effects of that nasty cold/chest cold-

so i feel like an attack like this

my body will take a bit

its just so frightening to feel this ill for this long

strange symptoms-?

praying for my body to be strong

praying for GOD to heal me and abolish this virus back to dormant state-

im praying for you too

i really appreciate your help/advice/insight

GOD is going to heal me

just wish i knew when.......

• Posted

Hi Starr,

You hit the nail on the head when you said your body has taking a beating with this thing. It is a dreadful virus Starr, I just hope and pray that you can see a turning point and breakthrough really soon and want you to know I'm thinking about you and recognising that your suffering is intense and deep at the moment - but believing that how it is now is not how it's going to be in the future and that you are going to get better with God's strength and mercy.

Maybe it's the right thing to stop those antivirals Starr, it could be that they've unsettled your system more than they have helped by the sounds of it. I'm not sure though because I don't have any experience of taking antivirals so I just hope that the doctors can give you the right advice / information / guidance regarding next steps with this. Really hoping your body can feel more settled and that if there are right supplements or medication to take that God can guide you and praying His hand intervenes so that you only take the things that are going to help with your recovery.

One thing I want to stress Starr that is that your body resilience and strength WILL return. I know you're body is feeling fragile and under attack at the moment, but the body has amazing powers of recovery thanks to God. I remember being in that phase too and thinking that my body would never be strong enough to cope with normal levels of activities again, that I would never be able to put in a full day's work or cope with any levels of stress or activity without my body paying for it afterwards. I thought that I was having to cope with a new normal and that was how it was going to be from now on when it went on for months and months and months like it has been for you too Starr.

But only thank to God this wasn't the case, that He brought me through and strengthened me and gave my body resilience again. Your body will recover Starr, no matter how bad or beaten up it feels now - it absolutely will recover from mono. It often just takes extended time, this first year can be truly awful but absolutely my experience was that Year 2 was like a walk in the park compared to the first year, things had really improved and were improving and all the glory to God for that.

Thinking about you still and just want to encourage you to hang on - sometimes all you can do is rest and take it easy when things have been so severe and intense - that is okay Starr, listen to your body, and keep leaving it in God's hands - He has amazing plans and purposes ahead for you still and wants you well to fulfill them, and I truly believe He is going to get you through this and back to good and full health again and that a fresh season of annointing and joy is ahead for you beyond this character season that's going on right now.

Take care of yourself and just take it easy for now Starr, don't look too far ahead and remember God said today's trouble is enough for today, just getting through each day when things are tough with this thing is a real achievement.

Craig

• Posted

thank u so much

you have such a comforting way of helping others

Craig you have a gift

a true talent

yea the antivirals

the vaccine

the elderberry

all of those seemed to hurt me more than helped

live and learn.....

i hope you are well.....

• Posted

Thank you Starr it's just I know how much others have helped me and encouraged me when I have needed encouragement and comfort and great support, and mono was one of the times I really needed all the strength of God to get through so just want folks to know there is hope and healing and better times ahead - there is full and healthy life after mono - believe me Starr there is and that's coming from me who was finding it hard to see hope at times during the virus.

I do empathise with the pain of trying things sincerely to make a positive difference and help yourself but then it having the opposite effect - I have went through the same with my back Starr, tried an epidural steroid injection which made things worse for a few weeks, was so discouraged by that, just grateful God got me through that time and things have been a bit more settled lately.

Just one day at a time that's all we can do - keep trusting God and remembering His words are true that by His stripes we are healed - He has already paid the price and even if we can't see the full manifestation as yet, we can be assured that He is working on us and His will for us is to be well and in good health and He will get us there - I truly believe that in Jesus' name.

Craig

• Posted

amen to that

thank u

glad your back is settled

it is very tough putting 110% effort in to be healed and feeling like im going nowhere with persisting symptoms+new ones?!

this just keeps going.....

i fight through everyday

just to do the basics

i feel like will i heal

will i get through this event?

7 mos feels so long.....

hope you find yourself well today!!!

• Posted

It's hard Starr, but I was so pleased to see you write that you feel like you will heal - that's because you WILL heal. It's hard when you feel like you're doing all the right things, being as sensible and wise and trying to live a lifestyle that brings recovery and not much change happens - sometimes it's just time with this thing Starr, you're not doing anything wrong it can just take time but you will get there, absolutely you will I'm standing in faith and agreeing with the statement that you feel that you will heal, in Jesus' name.

Yes doing not too bad at all today thankfully Starr, God has been helping me but also been through my fair share of lows the last couple of years so just grateful that things have been more settled at the moment, it means a lot, praying for God to keep strengthening us all and to protect us all and bring us into a peaceful, safe and joyful place where we can't be harmed.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.