Bloodwork question

Posted , 5 users are following.

My egfr has been getting lower, from 74 to 68 now 64.

My Albumin/creatinine -normal is <2.0

Mine is 38.8?

My potassium is high

Normal- 3.5 to 5.2

Mine is 5.4.

My albumin urine is 93 mg/L

creatinine (urine) normal is 2.5 to 2.0

Mine is 2.4

Albumin/creatinine normal is - <2.0

Mine is 38.8

What does all this mean.

My Doctor will call with an appointment when she reads these but I'm curios on your thoughts. Should I be concerned. We have kidney disease/diabetes in my family history..

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Got some results back low urate? 100umol/L. Normal range is 150_390umol/ Sodium is high.

Albumin is within normal range?

• Posted

Laurie,

you have had a drop in gfr, your numbers aren't the greatest either and it sounds like they haven't given you a reason why. i'm sure your Dr will continue to do tests untill she figures out the reason for all of this. like I said, it tkes time. I was in the hospital for 3 days (I live in the USA), has tests, pictures and tons of blood draws in order to find out why the drop and what caused my ckd. on the 4th day in the morning I was finally given some answers. blood draws were done throughout the day, eevery day. he , my Nephrologist, tested in everyway except for biopsy saying he would only do one if he had no choice. Luckly he never had to do one and was very happy to tell me I wouldn't require one. I don't know what's causing you problems' you will need to grin and bare a bit longer. I wish they could admit you so you could find out sooner but it sounds lik they don't do that where you live. Mine was one of those rare cases where the Metformin I was taking for Diabetes got me, also complcations from my connective tissue disease, which changes all the rules of ckd. I pray the Lord help you and give you strength as you await your results. 

I am so sorry about all the typos, just got this new tablet that doesn't work well withme, I have RA. I'll get it sooner or later, lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.