Blurred/patchy vision, muffled hearing and loss of balance.

Posted , 25 users are following.

I'm 23 and last night I experienced a sudden onset of blurry and patchy vision, and my hearing became reduced/muffled. Additionally, I felt quite hot and I was having trouble walking- when I got up to go to the bathroom during this episode, I nearly fell over. This particular experience has happened 3 times now- all suddenly. Occasionally, I have also experienced a slight loss of balance when getting up during the night, in which I have felt like I'm slanted and I've had to hold on to the walls.

Does anyone know what these symptoms are a result of?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Laura,

I had a TIA (mini stroke) recently and the blurred vision, loss of balance and slanting to one side sound like a few of my symptoms. I had pain in my left arm and just below my left rib cage above my hip followed by facial drooping. By the time I was seen in A&E I couldn't move my left leg. Following a number of test, the Doctorcannot find the cause.

I suggest you speak to your GP and get checked out. In my case they say 'a TIA or mini stroke could be a

a warning and I could have another stroke but maybe not so mini!

All the best and look after you!

• Posted

Hi, I am 13 and recently received the COVID vaccine. First dose. I started feeling all the symptoms in the post above, and I also have a pain in my left rib cage. My vision went grainy, kind of like TV static. It's over now, but I'm confused what happened?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I didnt have any pain, not that I can remember anyway, but I will go to the doctors. Thank you for your advice.
  • Posted

i think u need to seek medical advice,so visit your GP and discuss the situation with them .He may recommend further investigations such as complete blood tests ,SCAN and XRAY.
  • Posted

I've been to the GP, it's symptoms of syncope- fainting. If I'd stayed standing up, I would've fainted. Syncope can be caused by low blood pressure, standing too long, anxiety, etc. Most people experience it at least once, and it's not serious, but if it happens frequently it could be due to a more serious underlying problem. If it ever happens, either lie down flat on the floor, or sit down with your head between your legs.
  • Posted

Are you on xanax, Klonopin or Atavan or any of the Benzodiazepine drugs? I had all of the symptoms you listed when I was either in Tolerance Withdrawal (withdrawal symptoms while taking the prescribed dosage) and Benzo withdrawal from Klonopin. Only it kept getting worse and worse and worse until I almost blew my brains out. If this is what your symptoms are from the Dr.'s won't recognize it so they'll just increase your Benzo making you even more addicted and probably put you on a psychotropic drug which neither will not help you in the least. So good luck to you and hang on, cuz it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • Posted

Hi Laura...

My little girl (8 years old) had the same experiance this morning at school. It was her first time and she feels perfectly fine right now. Did you ever find out why this happened to you?

• Posted

This happened to me today, for me it was a symptom of low blood pressure. I actually fell thankfully I didn't hurt my head so I laid complete flat on the floor and had a couple sips of Coke then drank a lot of water
  • Posted

Hello, i am 44 and I have been experiencing kind of the same thing. I get exserted quickly and I have been getting hot flashes horribly, I've had several tests done but no one can seem to give me any ans
  • Posted

I'm a 18 year old male, and I've been having episodes were my hearing get muffled and I practically lose my vision and I pretty much fall over because I loose all sense of ballance, I went to the doctor and they said ( I have been to cardiologist and neurologist) that it's low blood pressure from being under weight, and put me on fludrocortisone. Which I believe it is a type of serious that can raise blood pressure.

• Posted

I've had episodes like that since I was about 8 (I'm 32) and I've always been told it was panic or anxiety attacks. They've always came on quite random and not at a time when I was experiencing any direct stress. During a really bad "episode" I usually vomit before I can start to gain my sight and hearing back.

• Posted

Sounds more like migraine with aura to me becky19488.  They Spring on me out of nowhere too. Check out migraine com they have some great resources and you will find you are not alone-!

• Posted

I have migraine with aura and the symptoms are very similar. Blind spots in vision, hearing anomalies etc, i also have numbness in hands and face and confusion, and more recently dizziness and can't comprehend words written or spoken.  

All very stroke like symptoms but I have had them since I was 12 and am now 43.  MRI brain scans all clear.   A lot of symptoms listed here are very similar so I would say chat to a GP about migraine with aura. It depends which side of the brain is affected as to which symptoms you have. I rarely get the excruciating pain now but used to when younger and found I felt much better after I had vomitted. In fact some times I just get dizzy and nauseous and have been diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo and take Sandomigran daily because it was starting to affect my working life.

If you have a sudden onset of any dizzy blurry fuzziness I would say go to emergency as TIA or stroke can be very serious and they can do a few simple tests to rule it out. 

Good luck all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.