Body aches & tiredness...

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, 

I'm on HRT but I'm starting to ache sooooo badly all over plus I have no energy at all. I have two young-ish children, one who is so active and I'm feeling really upset that I'm more like a 90 yr old than her usual active 40's mum... 😢

Can I ask, has anyone taken a supplement, vitamin, mineral or other that actual helps with this kind of thing?  Or any other change in diet/lifestyle that REALLY helped???

I'm desperate as I eat pretty healthy, drink water, walk (but exercise getting harder) etc... but just feel cr*p!! 

I know magnesium may help so I'll get back on that today... 

Thank you and hope you're all having a lovely sunshiny weekend. 

AJ. 😊x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

​how long have you been on HRT?

​I am perimenopausal and I am suffering badly with constant low estrogen deficiency symptoms. I am thinking of HRT

​Did you have body aches and sensation of fatigue and low energy  before starting HRT?

• Posted

Hi there, 

Yes I ached like crazy before HRT. 

To cut a long story short I started HRT (Evorel sequi) around 8 months ago but got terrible side effects from the progesterone in Evorel sequi... I swapped to Femseven sequi and although the side effects stopped, the patches don't stick well and I think that's possibly why my aches are coming back? I'm awaiting a phone call from my pharmacist friend on Monday as I'm thinking of swapping back to Evorel using oestrogen only  patches and adding in progesterone for the last two weeks in pill form or double quantity of Femseven dual patches so I can change them twice weekly like Evorel. Femseven should be weekly change but drop off after 2-3 days,  Evorel do not, they stick like glue but you change them twice weekly anyway. 

I'm hoping this makes sense!

So the upshot is, yes my aches did defo go on HRT but I think you gotta' get the right strength as I feel dreadful at present again but as I said up there - it could be because the patches aren't sticking and so my levels have dropped. 

It's very complicated this HRT malarkey!! I think once you get the right regime it could be very useful for most women who can use it.. but it takes time to find the right regime sometimes! 

Hope this helped, obviously this is just my take on the patches, every gal is different! 

AJ. xx

• Posted

I also are suffering the same low estrogen, I have fatigue terrible, doctor has put me on prozac, he said it would help with hot flushes, but not yet ? Could I ask your age, as I am 58
    • Posted

Sorry justvto say my oestrogen was really low which is why I started on HRT... I was about 43 when my symptoms really kicked in.  I tried for a few years to cope... then went on HRT at 45. 

AJ. x

• Posted

Hi AJacynM what hrt are you taking? Ive been having muscle aches for the past week or so but im not on any hrt. So are muscle aches and no energy a lack of estrogen? I also been having hot flashes which ive never had those before.
    • Posted

Hi Mary, 

See my reply to Evi up there as that kind of answers you're question too. 

Yes, I defo had fatigue and joint pain really bad and HRT did help until recently... my doctor told me the aches etc could defo be caused by low oestrogen and the fact that it subsided after a few weeks on Evorel Sequi  led me to believe it was low hormone levels... 

AJ. xx

• Posted

Hi there, 

See my reply to Evi up above as that explains it all but I've been on HRT approximately 8 months. I've tried 2 types of patches. 

AJ. x

• Posted

Yes... I take many supplements but not sure any are helping.  Being in the water does help.  I also feel exhausted at times.  I know my hormones are messing with me so I do my best and take it day by day.
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, 

I really feel for you... it's so difficult isn't it? I can't get over the fact that a few years ago I had much more energy and no aches. It's like I'm a totally different person these days but HRT did help at first.. I'm hoping it can again when I get the regime right but I thought maybe supplements could give an added boost...

Stay strong in spirit, we'll get through. 

AJ. xx

• Posted

I’m glad to hear i’m Not alone with the aches and pains. I feel like an old lady at 55. Stiff, clumsy, my feet hurt all the time making it hard to walk, my joints hurt and I can’t walk far. I take all look bad if supplements. Exercise wears me down. Have no sex drive either 😞

• Posted

Yep! I hear you Nancy. One day we'll reach the other side of menopause and hopefully feel so much better... hang in there and soldier on. Chocolate helps! 😉

AJ. xx

• Posted

I hurt a lot in perimenopause.  My elbows, hands, lower back and feet.  My feet hurt as soon as I got out of bed.  My husband would see me hobble to the bathroom.  I felt like I was 90 years old.  I was told by a doctor who is an expert on menopause that it has to do with the loss of estrogen.  I’ve been post menopausal and the aches have gone except I still have sore feet in the mornings but not as bad.
    • Posted

Isn't it awful? My wrists and elbows are worst but also my legs pretty awful... I hobble out of bed too! 

Just wondering how long it'll all last. 😬😖

Keep smiling. 

AJ. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.