Body Tingling & Numbness (Parasthesis?) Pred. Side Effect?

Posted , 14 users are following.

i've been on Prednisolone since June 15th. 2015 for PMR, started on 30mg. down to 6mg. by July 2016 & have held that level to date. From the middle of July 2015 I have always had some level of of tingling/numbness in certain muscle sets. As follows, Thighs/Buttocks/Calves/Shoulders + Palms of my hands & Soles of my feet. This has been uncomfortable but manageable up until recently, Now it is a whole of body thing & is making me feel quite ill alot of the time. Really bad the other day,managed short notice appointment at GP's, not my usual GP but felt that I was being listened to. He sent me for blood tests which all came back OK. The Clinical Detail title for the test was "Parasthesis". Has anybody had any of the bad tingling or numbness I refer to ?. It is driving me round the bend & any help or advice would be a God send!!!!!!!. Is this yet another bad side effect of Prednisolone? 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi MrSolo.    I wondered how you are getting on with your tingling/numbness, and whether you have found out what is causing it.

Mine still varies from day to day, but I have also just been diagnosed with Raynauds which is predominantly in my feet.   This combined with the Short Fibre Neuropathy symptoms in my legs and feet has not helped my state of mind !

The tingling/buzzing sometimes gets pretty unbearable and I have to constantly move my legs /feet to be able to deal with it.  Walking or exercise can aggravate it and then resting is extremely hard.  I also find that sometimes it can affect my whole body.

Would love to hear how you are getting on and if you have either been given a diagnisis and/or some relief for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.