boiling hot one miniute ice cold the next

Posted , 11 users are following.

Are any of you ladies having trouble with your body temperture. Yesterday I went ice cold my legs my feet my hands were like blocks of ice. I was dithering I was so cold, my husband got me a blanket and put the heating on. next thing I went boiling hot and had to open windows and my back door I was so hot. my husband googled the fibro symptoms. and body temperture was one of them.  

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Kaz yep I know that feeling of cold I always have my socks on as soon as I take them off in the evening my feet and hands get freezing cold...my partner is the opposite always warm so I have a human hot water bottle in him he doesn't mind lol but as soon as I warm up I get too hot and throw the duvet off  fibro freaky 😝

shirl

• Posted

my husband jumps a mile if I go near him when Im cold, he says your making me cold, so I have to cuddle me hot water bottle instead x
  • Posted

Hi Kaz

Unfortunately, I constantly feeling hot all the time and reall don't like it. My kids and hubby love my hot hands during the winter months, so I use their cold hands to cool me down.....lol

Even during the summer months I'm feeling hot. I have even stopped drinking wines for over 18 months which I used to drink on special and social occasions as this makes me feel hotter too. Although I don't feel the cold as much as feeling hot.

That's Fibro for you ! rolleyes x

• Posted

I wouldnt like to be hot all the time, mind you I did go through that for a while when I went through the menpause and that was bad enough gentle hugs take care x
    • Posted

That's the thing I haven't quite reached my menopause stage yet, but will be there in a few years redface
    • Posted

Hi Bee Have you had your hormone levels checked.  My dearest friend went through the menopause aged 24 - quite a shock for her. There seems to be quite an age range for going through it so it might be worth considering a blood test just to confirm one way or the other whether you can persuade the medics to do it however is another matter! Trouble is we all put our problems down to fibro when sometimes something else is responsible.  Just a thought.  Think I was fairly lucky with the menopause either it passed unnoticed or I put it all down to the strange fibro symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi Maggers

Yes, I have had my hormones levels checked when I was in my 30's and now again in my mid 40's.  All is normal in that department.  That's something else to contend with in the coming years.

• Posted

You never know Bee you may fly through and not even notice it particularly with fibro to contend with.
    • Posted

Hi Maggers;   I totally agree...yes it does become that way.."puting everything down to Fibro"...have done it myself...and am also trying to find out if "a certain issue with me at the moment" is Fibro...or should I "Go Back to GP with another prob?" ....as we have all said, we are already thought of as Hypocondriacs...do we start "another" ball rolling?...will need to start researching again?  go onto another forum health site...get all worked up????   I always learn a lot from you...appreciate all of your inputs.......thanks,   Bron
    • Posted

Ive been through the menopause not something I would to reapeat the hot sweats mood swings were terrible so glad Im over that nowsmile
    • Posted

I have the menopause to come......rolleyes.....NOT looking forward to them when they arrive.
    • Posted

Hi Bee I hope you dont have it bad like I did. Boiling hot all the time sweat poring out of me every day I had to change the bed sheet it was that wet through. and as for mood swings my poor husband went through it. You couldnt look at me I would just fly at you. I was up down like a yo yo emotionally it was horrible. Yet my mum went through it no bother at all? Are you managing to get some sleep. Im not sleeping I was up at 2.30 this morning writing a poem that was going round and flaming round in my head. I was resiteing it to my poor husband at 4.30 in the morning as he woke up needing the bathromm. terrible night againsad flaming fibro take care gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

Have been checked for menopause but not quite there yet. I have hot sweats and mood swings are NOT too bad, I think I have them under control, it's the husband and boys that may just irritate me when they don't put things back. Generally I am a calm person. 

Sleep is a NO NO at the moment. One day I will hopefully give news if a goodnight sleep. wink x

• Posted

I went through hell with the menpause it was a nightmare for me I was so nasty and very up the nights were the worse dripping of sweat I had to change the bottom sheet every day it use to be so wet with sweating. my husband said the heat that use to radiate off me. hope you have it must easier than I did. my mom went through the change at 42 and sailed through it with no symptoms at all? take care hun 1 day sleep will come 
  • Posted

Hi Kaz,

Yep, U got it...!!! Thats right U feel one temp one minute then another minutes later. It totally disrupts your sleep & if your working people think U R just crazy !!! Its such a freaking problem, but of course they suggest any way to handle, just to live with...But I DONT 2 LIVE IT !!!

Anyway, U R not crazy & I myself am trying to adjust to All these body changes...UGH girl its just nice to vent & know U R NOT alone.

Hang in there...Smiles & Giggles Valerie826

• Posted

its great to have you girls to talk to all these symptoms drive you mad. I was a wake all night in agony with my legs and back could of done with a good nights sleep. as off on  hols in a bit weve got a 2hr drive to get their. i2hr doesnt sound long but it is in our condition never mind plod on as best we can. I will be back on the forum a week on fiday or sat depending on how I feel after the travelling take care thinking of you gentle hugs x 
    • Posted

Enjoy your holiday Kaz, get some rest when you can! xxx
    • Posted

thank you shelagh you take good care of yourself will be in touch when back off hols gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hope you have a really lovely holiday and look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Safe driving x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.