Bone cancer?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay, so some of you may remember me posting about my left leg which is painful last year. I still have this pain a year on and im positive its bone cancer since it hasnt gone away!!

It goes from my hip, thigh, knee, calf and to my foot and hurts alot at night!!

My left leg also still feels weak, but not the extent where i cant do anything as i go to zumba twice a week.

Im pretty sure i have a lump on the side of my leg under my knee which i can feel when i run my hand down my leg!! The pain seems to be coming from there aswell! If i had bone cancer for a year would i not be able to walk? Im so terrified. The doctors arent listening to me at all, and just think its my thyroid issue causing it. But wouldnt that be in both legs!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi

​all i can suggest is to have a CBC done and check for vitamin defficiancy, cross that one of the list of possibles and then get an mri done, the docs would know if you have anything serious wrong so i wouldn't worry, and if you need further help just go to A&E and get them to check you over . take care

• Posted

Emily, I have an extensive background with studying extremity pain and pain in general. First, do be checked by a doctor, but ask about being checked for low back problems. All of those nerves pass through your spinal cord. If you have a disc pressing on a nerve, it can cause radiating pain(radiculopathy). Each area of the back and neck is associated with nerves in different parts of the body. Simply Google the word "dermatomes". It will show you a map of the body and what nerves are affected when a certain area of the back has a disc pressing on a nerve. Lower back is associated with the lower areas. It makes sense that it is painful in bed, as you are putting stress on your lumbar spine (unless you sleep on your stomach and no pillow). I sleep with a small towel rolled up under my low back when on my back or side. This keeps the needed curve in place. Don't be scared. Have them check your back. Please know, this is NOT alternative medicine. This is absolute orthopedic science. Ask for a lumbar MRI. You will find the areas with issues will directly map on your dermatomes to your pain. That simple.
  • Posted

If you can feel a bump you need to get some type of scan done. Like CT scan or an mri. My leg hurt for four years and a had a lump on the outsid eof my thigh. Well come to find out i had synovial sarcoma cancer. Which is very aggressive. I had to go through chemo and radiation and many surgeries. But i am cancer free now. Yes go get checked out. It could be anything but when it comes to cancer you dont want to wait!
  • Posted

Thankyou all for your replies.. So im guesing this does sound like bone cancer in my leg since i have had it for a year and the pain isnt any better. I also get pains in my hands particularly my left one too but ive put this down to my hashimotos thyroidistis..

I feel like a nusance everytime i go to the doctors because i go quite regularly with different problems but they just dont listen to me. They just send me home or refer to me a therapist for mental health! I used to get an ache in my left arm which was deep but that seems to have gone. Would i still be able to do zumba after a year if i had bone cancer and would it be extremely painful to even walk?

• Posted

Well i had cancer for 4 years and never knew it. I was still able to walk. Mine wasnt bone cancer. But im not saying you have cancer. Im saying since you can feel a lump and your leg hurts you should get it checked out.
    • Posted

Emily, did you read any of my long explanation? You immediately went back to "bone cancer". I would bet money on it being nerve impingement in your back. Get it proven and ease your mind
  • Posted

Your lower back?? Oinched nerves in your back can set off so much in your legs.
    • Posted

Would that be in both legs though? Not just one? And does anyome know it if the pain of bone cancer would just be in one place and not the whole of my legrolleyes
    • Posted

Emily....seeing a Dr. is the only way to get your answer.

I understand you being scared etc....and wanting to vent.

I'm not saying don't vent...but google and forums can scare the crap out of people....

If by chance you did have cancer...it is always best to catch it early...the earlier the better...so get to a DR.

• Posted

Its not bone cancer sweetie..  Sound like you have some sort of a cyst.

Your Dr. can drain it...and may be able to tell what it is right away from touching it.  Is it spongy feeling? 

Usually PAIN is the last sign of cancer and you would have had other symptoms if it has been a year.  But, since it has been a year....and its not going away...it really sounds like you have to go to the Dr.

The shooting pains down your leg...are probably because the cyst is pressing on nerves.

• Posted

It could be a cyst. And that is so not true! Cancer can be very painful. I didnt have any other symptoms except for a large bump on my leg. Im just saying get it checked out to be on the safe side!
    • Posted

Yes, cancer CAN BE...very painful..but I sad it is usually the LAST sign of cancer...this girl as been suffering with this for over a year..she certainly would be havng other symptoms if it were cancer

I agree...time to see DR.

• Posted

And like i said i had cancer for 4 years and never knew it besides a bump on my leg. And i had pain the whole 4 years.. unless you have been through it i dont recommend you speak on it!
    • Posted

Age, Lifestyle and Heredity play a big role.

This girl looks REALLY young...I'm not saying she doesn't have cancer.  I'm saying it is not LIKELY that she does.

Bone cancer is not typically a cancer that impacts young people.  Lymphoma is...but it usually starts under the arm.

The only good answer she will get will be from her Dr.

I'm trying to ease her mind...based on a medical background...and not direct experience with cancer...and many people around me have had cancer....the leg bump statistically is more likely a cyst.

• Posted

Based on Science...not experience.
    • Posted

I am 22 years old was diagnosed when i was 21. I have had it since i was 16.
    • Posted

Mine wasnt a bone. It was a soft tissue sarcoma. The usual places for that is in the leg. By the knee. What im trying to say is get it checked out. I didnt get mine checked out for a long time and had to go through chemo and radiation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.