boots Menopause magnet

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been recommended to try the boots lady magnet anyone tried it ? im going to give it a go anythings worth a try ?

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What exactly is that?!
    • Posted

its a tear shaped magnet you wear in your knicker bizarre i know but the reviews seem to be it is either fantastic and works great or it is a complete waste of money.  Im going to give it a try and see what its like.
  • Posted

Yes I have bought one long time ago but it keep falling off when I attach it to my knickers 

I heard you have to be careful going in shops it may send the alarm off at the door.

• Posted

oh well that will make me laugh theres not much that does at the moment
  • Posted

Yes I had one before I went on HRT, I was very sceptical but it did seem to help a bit. It didn't set off any shop alarms the only problem I had when shopping was it kept attaching itself to the metal basket. Also on my oven.

It didn't fall off though I wore it continuously for around 6 months and only lost it one night in bed.

I think I felt a little better wearing it but remained oh so hot. I didn't have hot flushes nor did I sweat I was just really very hot all the time.

That was my main reason for trying HRT and it worked within a week for the hot feeling and so many other things.

• Posted

hi stephanie,  I bought one two weeks ago to help with hot flushes.  I've worn it continuously but don't feel any different yet.  Its quite secure and no alarms have gone off in shops but I really expected to have less flushes by now as like you I read good reviews from other users but obvioulsy were all different.  I think you can only give it a try as nothing to lose its not medication and you never know you may have fantastic results.  Good luck with it and let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Does it vibrate ;-)

I'd say anything to do with magnets is a placebo effect. There is no scientific evedince that they have medical benefits.

But if it vibrates, go for it.

• Posted

They do not vibrate. It's a teardrop shape piece of plastic about 2 1/2 by 2 inches worn inside your knickers with a smaller circular 2 by 2 piece of plastic worn on the outside of your knickers.

The plastic has magnates in each part to keep it in place.

• Posted

I wore it for a while and it definitely helped so I stopped wearing it. Had several months without hot flushes but when they started again it didn't help.

• Posted

What is that?
    • Posted

Hi,

its a magnet that you clip to your knickers you can buy them from boots

• Posted

Well personally if it works at all i think its a placebo affect. But something is better then nothing.
    • Posted

For me it didn't have much effect, maybe you are right and it is a placebo effect, because you think it makes you better you think you're feeling better.

I'm not sure but agree with you because pent of supplements I took made me feel better for a while. You also have to consider with meno you do go through periods of feeling better anyway.

I tried lots of things and some seemed to make a little difference th the ones that did I still take alongside my HRT and they are magnesium maca and b12.

The HRT made everything better except sleep which remains a problem. I am hoping it will change as the first week on HRT my sleep was perfect and better than it had been the 10 years previous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.