boots Menopause magnet

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been recommended to try the boots lady magnet anyone tried it ? im going to give it a go anythings worth a try ?

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After reading this I ordered it and I got it today! That's fast service from the UK. So will try it. Hopefully won't be setting off alarms anywhere. LOL.

• Posted

Lol! Yes stay out of the airports.....you set off their alarms you might get tackled lol! Let us know if it works well, I will buy a dress made out of them lol!
    • Posted

Hi CC. I've been wearing mine now for 3 weeks. I hadn't noticed much difference until last night. I slept much better. I started taking sage and other stuff at the same time so who knows whats working but I'm going to carry on with everything. It suggests you may lose weight and I've lost 2lb but that may be pre wedding stress. My daughter is getting married at the weekend.

I don't like to wear knickers in bed so use a sticking plaster for the magnet.

Hope you see some results with it x

• Posted

Thanks Maisie. It says should see results first month so maybe you will see more in next week or so. Let's keep in touch. Try to keep calm and carry on at the wedding. ?? and deep breathing 10 times helps. ??

• Posted

Thanks Maisie. It says should see results first month so maybe you will see more in next week or so. Let's keep in touch. Try to keep calm and carry on at the wedding. ?? and deep breathing 10 times helps. ??

• Posted

Thanks CC, I'm looking forward to the wedding now, I've had some great tips off the girls on here on how to keep calm and cool. I'll remember the breathing.

Yes I'll keep in touch and update on the magnet. I dropped my tweezers the other day and the magnet caught them, Bonus!

• Posted

Hi Maisie

How did you do at the wedding? And how is the magnet working out?

CC

• Posted

Hi Maisie

CC

• Posted

Hi Maisie

CC

• Posted

Hi CC.

I think I did ok at the wedding thanks, a few manic moments and a stifling hot hotel room but a good time was had by all. Thanks for asking.

Well I've been wearing the magnet for about a month and at the same time started sage, meno serene, passionflower and then magnesium and D3 a couple of weeks later. This was after no periods for 3 months and the night sweats started. Then on Saturday I'm sure I ovulated, (I got the mucas discharge which I used to have mid cycle). Since I got back from the wedding I have slept better, don't seem to have the major night sweats and no noticeable flushes in the day. This could be a combination of everything, it's hard to tell whats working but I'm going to continue with it all and see if period turns up in a couple of weeks. I have asked the doctor for hrt but am going to delay that now and see what happens.

Have you had any changes since using the magnet?

• Posted

Hi. Maisie

I haven't felt any improvements yet. I'm on day 10 of using it. Haven't set off any alarms either. Saw your other post. How nice to be on vacation! How many hours is it flight time? Is that a popular holiday spot for Brits? Have a great restful time. And very cool if you can meet up with Michelle!

CC

• Posted

Hi CC

I wasn't brave enough to wear the magnet through security, it was safely in my handbag. Are you taking any supplements too?

Yes Mallorca is a Spanish island on average 2hr 20 mins from UK. Very popular with families, something for all ages. And it's warm and sunny!

I'm in touch with Michelle and trying to arrange mutual meet up time.

Are you in California? That's on my wish list! xx

• Posted

Oh that's a short plane ride! Wish I was in better shape to go anywhere. Im taking most supplements people recommend here: b- complex, b6, magnesium, d3, fish oil. Plus multivitamin. I don't feel like it's helping though.

Yes in Ca. Near San Francisco. Let me know when u come here! We can meet up.

• Posted

I know our hormone levels go up and down, but I think the super strength sage is working for me at the moment. I don't seem to be having the night sweats even though it's very hot here. And I'm taking a woman's supplement called meno serene, has all vitamins and soy osoflavens.

Stay strong xx

• Posted

That is great you are not having them on your vacation. How long are you there? I'll check into meno serene. Thanks for mentioning it.

• Posted

Hi CC

I'm back in the UK now. Me and Michelle didn't manage to meet up unfortunately, we were messaging but we never found a time when we weren't each busy with our families. Maybe next year! I travel there quite often as we have a little house there in the countryside and my sister in law lives there. My achy shoulders and knees aren't as painful when I'm there. The only downside is the mosquitos have taken a liking to me. Itchy! Must be all the supplements I'm taking.

Have you found any treatment to help with your neck yet? Hope you are feeling better xx

• Posted

Hi Maisie

That's too bad you both weren't able to meet. How nice to have a place there!

Gotta watch out for Mosquitos with all that zika starting to show up.

Thanks for asking about my neck. I've gotten Botox injections. Ten to be exact. So the dystonia twisting is about 90% better. But now I've got constant,achy, painful neck. So am trying to find relief trying this and that. Dr wants to up the Valium but I'm trying to not go down that route. It feels like my neck can't support weight of my head. If you or anyone has suggestions please let me know. Xx

• Posted

Hi CC. You describing how your head feels too heavy for your neck, brought back the memory of me describing my pains. I said the exact same thing to my chirpractor! This was over two years ago. I was told I had a scoliosis, twist of the spine. Causing neck and shoulder pain. I feel better now after going to Pilates classes and regular visits to the chiropractor. Not sure if they would be suitable for you though..I'm happy for you that the botox is helping. Could you try a relaxing shoulder massage.

I've read that the zika mosquito has been noticed in europe. I use unperfumed deodourants and body products, no perfumes or hairspray and use citronella based repellents. But they still like me! I recall something about taking a vitamin, maybe B1?, that mosquitos don't like, but I can't remember what it was??  Anyone know?

With regard to the magnet, one thing I've noticed is an increase in vaginal discharge, clear mucus. Not bothersome, quite nice in a way! 

• Posted

Hi Maisie

I've been wanting to get a massage for past few weeks but my peri symptoms have been horrendous this cycle so couldn't get one. My period too. I'm wondering if the magnet can also have bad side effects. The only thing I changed this last month was using it. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. Even my migraines didn't go away after taking my usual acetaminophen.

I haven't tried Pilates. I've heard good things about it. Thanks for suggesting it.

I went to a dystonia support group today and someone else said they felt the same way with their neck feeling like it couldn't support their head. From what I heard we all have similar symptoms. Accepting I have this condition possibly for life is what I'm struggling with.

• Posted

Hi CC

I go to a Pilates class run by a lovely lady who used to be a physio and she has special classes for older ladies with muscular skeletal issues. She tailors each exercise for our specific problems.

I too struggled to accept the fact I had a scoliosis and was told to live with it. I was distraught to be honest. I was told I'd probably had it since being a teen but no-one had ever noticed it, family, husband. I still don't believe that but experts say that it never occurs naturally in older age. I must have excacerbated it at some point as my body got weaker with age. Too much gardening and carrying grandchildren! I'm told it's still not noticeable but I can feel it when sitting back on a chair, I put a small cushion behind the other shoulder. And lying on the Pilates mat is uncomfortable until I adjust myself and put a folded towel under my other shoulder blade. I can see that my right shoulder is higher when I look in the mirror. I'm constantly correcting my posture, trying not to stoop. It is hard when dealing with all the other symptoms our age throws at us. Keep smiling xx

• Posted

Yes all the things we get thrown at us especially during this time sure tests us in so many ways. I'd like to come out on the other side saying it strengthened my character but it sure is overwhelming dealing with it all day to day. It's been 14 months now since the onslaught of symptoms but feels like 14 years.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.