Botox fissurectomy agony- need real advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i really need some help and advice, has anyone got any tips on going to the toilet for a BM after botox fissurectomy as i am in so much agony and discomfort now after my second bm since the procedure than i was after my first one. its making me feel so sick and i feel like i cant stand/walk after? ive been taking softeners and also some laxative but it doesnt even feel like its doing anything for me?

its only been 1.5 days since i had the procedure done but im really struggling already ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Thanks

0 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Next
  • Edited

The first few days are the worst and pain peaks on the third day. After a week pain should calm down. The pain is because all the scar tissue has been scraped off. Keep stools soft and try to be patient. Usually pain calms down after a week.

• Posted

thanks so much for your reply, i was really worried as the pain is the type that makes me feel sick and shakey and i thought maybe i had reversed what they did in my procedure or that the tear hadnt had enough time to heal etc.!

im eating lots of fibre and taking stool softener as well as magnesium i bought from Boots! so fingers crossed lol

Thanks again:)

• Posted

im sure you're recovered now but having suffered from fissures for years my advice would be never ever take laxatives like magnesium. They can really exacerbate fissures. Stool softtners are ok but best is a natural high fibre diet

• Edited

Relax you are too early to expect anything. I am 2 weeks now and still in pain . Its really rough but day by day it will get better ,keep a healthy diet

• Edited

thanks for replying! still in pain after 2 weeks oh gosh im dreading going to the toilet or doing anything atm lol! im trying not to eat too much in general as well to keep stools smaller as well as soft! Have u found any pain remedies at all? besides paracetamol lol

i'm also worried about returning to work as the pain is so great, are you working also?

Cheers!:)

• Edited

It is the same for me , the first week is so damn painful like i am biting my hand just to not feel the pain down there , pain reliever doesn't seem to work with me . I am from Philippines and here i have celecoxib 200mg pain reliever + antibiotics for 7days that's all i am taking. Yes i have a work but i have a company leave for 30days 1month to see the best result of surgery, because stress can affect the healing of your anal. Anyway you will be normal at two weeks and can go back to your work but it will take 6-8 weeks to completely heal.

Now i can say the pain subsided i can rate it as 3/10 now but 10/10 for the discomfort like itching and little bit burning sensation . I used to have 3-5 times sitz bath a day. Let us just watch our diet. Eat vege and fruits that can soften the stool and a lot of water plus i am taking virgin coconut oil so that my poop can pass easily. I will give an update for my 30th day post OP.

• Posted

Oh wow okay, i havent been prescribed anything else after my surgery they just gave me paracetamol and laxative sachets! no one said anything to me about a sitz bath, maybe i will invest in one?

Thanks for your advice i do appreciate it!

Do you take the coconut oil in pill form? ive not heard of this

Okay brill, take care ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

Sitz bath is important it cleans the area and help relax the muscle so more blood flow which helps the process of healing. Anyway how old is your fissure before you get the surgery?

• Posted

i will definitely look into it, or maybe i'll try sitting in a regular bath?

I have this fissure around 2 years now in august and tried all the creams before being told botox was the next step. i also had 2 apparently and my sphincter muscle was contracting etc! what about you?

i'm really hoping pain improves soon as im in agony again after bm ๐Ÿ˜ข its worse than before the botox for me ?

• Posted

The muscle contraction is gone now but the first week i feel really tight down there so painful during and after BM., Don't lose hope , try to be positive always. Im 16 days post OP now and still in PAIN!. Like you i am paranoid but i am trying to be more positive that after 1-3 months ill be back to normal like what Betty said.

• Posted

thank you, i am trying to be positive yes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ its hard but i'm hoping this is the worst before it gets better !

Yes hoping my pain calms down after a week or so like betty said too!

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Edited

Good Luck to us ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Let us see how it goes after a month. I will update you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ hope that you are still here after a week or months.

• Posted

yes indeedโ˜บ yeah please let me know!

Of course i will still regularly check this site/forum for a long time i think ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

So i wake up and have BM and today is so damn painful because i had no medication ๐Ÿ˜ข It sucks to have fissure. I dont know where the pain came from. I think the surgery site and not the fissure site but it is so slow process ๐Ÿ˜ข i am in tears now

• Posted

Oh no, so sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Do you think maybe you should call your colorectal doctor ? i'm thinking of doing the same thing if i still have this awful pain after bm when i reach 16 or so days post-op too. ๐Ÿ˜•

Would taking OTC painkillers/ibuprofen be of any help to you?

i hope it improves for you soon !

• Posted

No pain killers . It was only for 14 days. Now i contact the doctor and said need to add 1 week pain reliever. Maybe i need 2 more weeks of pain reliever. The pain came from the side of surgery not the fissure. If the fissure heals i have to deal now with the surgical site . It sucks painful

• Posted

i understand, anal pain is the worst especially the intense pain down there after a surgical procedure i think its the nature of the small area ๐Ÿ˜• maybe ibuprofen will help you as it also is meant to have natural anti-inflammatory which may help? you had LIS and pile removal right? my bad if not haha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

i wish u all the best, hopefully we can be pain free one day soon!

• Posted

Yes LIS with papilla removal on day 14th 15th i had no pain and now coming back that's why I'm mentally breaking down lol. Thanks for cheering me up , I hope we both HEAL after a month. Do you have viber or anything we can use to communicate easily? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

yeah i'm having a day where i feel like im having a breakdown too today ๐Ÿ˜• there is more pain today for some reason and its stressing me out. but i am trying to be calm!

Unfortunately i dont have viber sorry! its a shame this site doesnt have a messaging system lol

• Posted

Yes lets be calm there is always a light in the end , i wish we both have an happy ending. Let us cheer up each other ๐Ÿ˜‰ .Can't wait for 1month post OP. Do you still feel the fissure pain?

• Edited

haha yes i agree, i'm the same - just being wishful lol! Yeah i think today i am feeling the fissure pain which is worrying because after the botox it should be healing and almost gone?

or maybe 5 days is too early still for it to be gone fully yet? i dont know D:

Is it the same for you, or just because of your surgery u feel pain?

also with the coconut oil how does it work? has it helped u? i'm intrigued

• Posted

I thought you had fissurectomy?. I am a lot of pain now than pre OP. All came from the surgery the pile removal and the left sphincterotomy.So painful i didnt expect to be like this , it is sad. Yeah coconut oil helps to pass your stool easily but now i am having a problem i cant empty my BM due to pain. So i am having 3-4 BM a day that causes the discomfort

• Edited

I hope that our procedure will not fail

• Edited

3-4 bm a day oh no, has that made it worse you think? i've had one today but because of all the stool softener i'm afraid i may need to go again which im dreading as it was already a painful one once today ๐Ÿ˜ข

yes i had both, fissurectomy and then botox but not sure what order lol :p

yes i didnt expect it either.

do you rub the coconut oil in the area? or is it a pill u take with food

I'm sure in time we will be fine - i hope!

• Posted

i am taking it orally , it is oil liquid. How are you now? Do you feel like the wound pulsing? after sitz bath the wound site feels like pumping like a heart . Hmm do you feel the same?

• Posted

oh right! do you feel it helps using this coconut oil? maybe i will try i have a burning sensation now after bm, surely this type of pain still is not right? i'm miserable ๐Ÿ˜•

I sometimes have felt a throbbing sensation after a bm and at other times occasionally. this whole experience makes me feel sick !

i still have no sitz bath just normal bath lol

• Posted

It helps to pass stool easily, I do not have burning sensation now but lot of itching from different areas , Not in the fissure because the fissure location is in anterior midline and the pain all comes from left and right side i dont know why it came from right too because my LIS is left side. A lot of discomfort now 18days. Slow process of healing hays.. You should do sitz bath. Sit on warm water for 15mins. 3-5 times a day it helps

• Posted

Yes its normal to have burning sensation, itching etc.. Even you had no pain during BM it will stay there

• Posted

Yes i have had a normal bath just now with warm water for 20 minutes or so! not sure if its helped for now, but i will regularly do it when i have time i think! the area in general is still sore though ๐Ÿ˜• i think one of my fissures has healed but the one i had for 2 years is probably still there now ? i dont know anymore lol still trying to stay positive but its hard

I will also buy some coconut oil today i think and hope it helps me too with this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

My comment is being moderated i don't know why lol. I am wondering why i didnt have sore or swelling on the early days because as far as i know this is the first part of wound healing. Yeah it's really hard but all we can do is to wait for more days ,weeks or months. Since we both had the surgery let see how it goes.

• Posted

Haha i wonder why? what did you say lol? ๐Ÿ˜›

yes i agree we should see how it goes and i am still hoping for the best for us, let's hope this happens! the area feels a bit better now after the bath i mentioned earlier so that's something positive !

• Posted

I said to have your soc med account so that we can communicate easily. Yes bath really helps. When will you go back to work? I am working at home laying while using laptop but can't focus because of our issue , stuck in my mind.

How many days are you now since surgery?

• Edited

Oh i see! i came off social media recently die to stress etc, but im thinking of going back on it soon so i will let you know when ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ah at least you are resting at home, i imagine it is hard to focus yes

Now has been 6 days since my surgery. i haven't had any improvements yet really, besides the agony after bm doesn't last quite as long now!

• Posted

came off social media coz of stress* just realised my typo sorry lol

• Posted

Yeah no problem, so today the very first time i pooped a BIG really big and no pain from fissure only the incision i can rate it as 2/10 not too much pain with big stool i was hoping to be like this again tomorrow finger cross. Remember 14,15th day and 19th day i had no pain but sometimes coming back.

Just to share my experience the surgeon advice me to walk every single day since my day 1 post op , are you able to walk around?

• Posted

it seems my comment got deleted lol it had a link in it to another forum on it which was anal - fissure . org (without the spaces) and it has a messaging system - if u are interested lol.

I'm glad u are having not much pain now! after bm for me it burns worse than before botox still which i'm still not sure if it's normal ๐Ÿ˜•

Yes i have been walking around and trying to go out as normal, but for an hour or so after bm i am in a lot of pain in the area so its hard for me to walk until the pain subsides

• Edited

Yes I am also a member of that forum, trying to read all of the stories, It seems all positive they healed, Vary from person to person other has 5 weeks and other have much longer time. Seems like we are the only active in this forum because most of anal fissure issues were posted years ago. I think they all healed now.

Anyway you need to have sitz bath every after BM, I do it for 4-5 times a day, it really helps, avoid food that can cause constipation as well.

• Posted

Anyway there is one question in my mind, I can't get an answer in the internet. So don't mind if I ask you this, does it affect your sexual life? Or you can still do it while healing lol? Because orgasm contracts the muscle in pelvic floor and I am scared that it might delay the healing , what do you think?

• Posted

yes i'm trying as hard as i can to avoid constipation foods. i'm mostly eating light & little with only few 'unhealthy' snacks atm. lol

I still have yet to find a sitz bath but i have been having a normal bath after bm but still feel pain and throbbing in the area etc after, so i think to put my mind at rest tomorrow i will call my colorectal clinic for some help and advice.

For now i have been too scared to have sex at all lol, haven't done it since my procedure because the pain in that whole general area is bad when i move let alone anything else sexual hahaha! It was fine before though tbh , & i'm not into anal sex either lmao - i wonder if this comments/topic is allowed haha, oh well ! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Posted

Also i mentioned this other forum as you had asked before about messaging easier and i use hardly any apps atm, so thought we could message on that forum? what's your username on there

And yes i think you're right not many people are active here lately! Maybe they'll return soon lol! i am still trying to figure out the other forum too but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it haha

• Posted

Hahaha so update me with what your clinic recommend to do. I did sex 3 times last week with my partner Girl of course but we stopped until now because I feel the anal muscle is contracting during orgasm and it is sucks that I am not able to enjoy loving with this anal problem, Yes I am not thinking anything about anal sex , Just want to know if anybody that had anal surgery can able to do sex with their partner hahaha you're defensive huh ๐Ÿ˜„

• Edited

I saw someone commented on that forum named Rebsy? Is that you? I'm Ken2021 there. I think that forum is still active because there's a lot of comment/post this Year 2021

• Posted

Oh i see! my clinic didn't say anything to me after my procedure about that tbh! they didnt give me any aftercare really apart from keep the area clean and dry ๐Ÿ˜• nothing else so i'm afraid i'm not sure what to recommend!

Ah yes that's me haha ๐Ÿ˜› it seems quite active also yes so that's good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ maybe another guy on there will have some advice for you who has been through it also with the sex thing? seeing as not many people are here on this forum lol

• Posted

no ๐Ÿ˜• during and after bm today again the pain was very intense. Its really getting me down now. However it has subsided after having a bath in warm water for 20 minutes & some painkillers so that's good i guess lol.

Hows your pain? improving also ?

• Posted

I might think that your clinic is not concern about your condition. My surgeon is concervative one text away and he used to reply.

• Posted

I still have pain but during BM only and discomfort after. Still the same as yesterday , there is also needle pricks pain.

How long are you in painkillers? 2weeks?

• Posted

I think you are right. the aftercare my colorectal doctors gave me was nonexistent essentially. i only left with normal painkillers that you can get anywhere yourself, nothing prescripted.

I start a new job on monday as well so am nervous about that, because when i need a bowel movement since the procedure i have found i cannot hold it long or it hurts, & as i mentioned the intense pain during and a while after ๐Ÿ˜• Now i'm afraid of how awful it will be while working and going through this ๐Ÿ˜ฆ but i need an income lol such a predicament

• Posted

What ??? They did not even prescribe you an antibiotics ? Or what? O s**t I'm sorry, You should have medication for 2 weeks and be advised to use sitz bath 3-4 a day , eat healthy to avoid constipation. Etc.. I'm sad for you ๐Ÿ˜ฆ What a colorectal surgeon you had!!!!.

• Posted

Haha no worries, i know what you mean though. but i only had botox injections and investigation under anaesthesia so idk if they need to give out antibiotics for that? i don't know anymore lol. i will call my colorectal department tomorrow as i didnt get a chance to today and update u then haha

• Posted

Ahh my bad so it is botox injection only?, I though botox + fissurectomy surgery. Fissurectomy scraps the tissue of fissure right so it has new open wound that needs antibiotics . But if you had only botox then yeah no need for that. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

I think they did not do a fissurectomy in the end then for me. I left only with paracetamol and laxatives, and a letter with very few words to say what they did while i was under anesthesia.

Apart from the pain in my ass i feel fine so that's good haha

Has yours improved since?

• Posted

Yes it seems there's an improvement on my 20,21 day post OP which is 3 weeks. I am still taking it slowly, hoping that i am healing well.

If they did fissurectomy you might need some antibiotics so that the wound will not be infected and start to heal soon. Do you watch the procedure in youtube? I watched LIS and skin tag removal so i know why it hurts a lot before.

• Posted

yeah i only left with a letter which i have just re-read and i only had botox injection and IUA so no need for antibiotics for me - this time! i fear because my fissire was 2 years old so very chronic i will need another set of botox & maybe an actual fissurectomy in future.

Omg no i cannot bring myself to watch haha, i thought about it and started to watch fissurectomy video online but it was aeful, no i am a huge wimp lol! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Posted

I highly recommend LIS than fissurectomy. LIS make spasm go away. Spasm is what make fissure stays. After i had LIS i never felt spasm. But before i really feel the muscle tightening clenching inside my anus. Now it's gone but the pain in the area remains. Need to heal in time. But I am happy having LIS i feel i can poop bigger now

• Posted

HAHAHA I watched it before having surgery and made me super nervous but you know what i love having surgery lol. You will wake up like nothing happened. All i remember was talking to anesthesiologist then bang fall asleep , wakeup with bloody ass hahah

• Posted

Maybe i will have to advance to LIS in future yes. i'm having a considerably better day today though even after bm, pain was just as bad during but then 15 minutes later was basically ok! so i am now thinking i'm on the right tracks - hopefully!

Lol funny isn't it ๐Ÿ˜› yeah same, but my day of surgery wasn't as joyful as yours i don't think lol

At least we are both seeing improvements!

• Posted

I am admitted to hospital for 4days , day 1 is preparation , fasting checking my anal , puts finger and enema it really hurts lol. My hands are inflamed due to dextrose ,antiobiotics etc. The painful part for me is having an IV. It really hurts when the fluid flowing on my hands i can feel my root is burning etc. But i have a friend that supports me in the hospital , so my experience is painful and memorable . The surgery went so well like nothing happened lol. Just sharing my story

• Edited

I hope for your speedy recovery ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I will miss you once we're done with this issue ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• Posted

oh wow interesting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ i'm glad u had a good and memorable hospital stay! i'm jealous lol mine wasn't like this really.

Aw that's sweet lol me too. but tbh i will still check this forum and the other one too, even if i do somehow heal. i think i will have a long journey with anal pain tbh. also the other forum has the messaging system and if you message me on there i will get an alert so u can do that in furure if you wish

• Posted

in future* if you wish . lol

• Posted

Me too once I'm done with this I will keep checking and giving advice here. Now I am more comfortable in BM 2/10 pain super little. But i'm not celebrating it because I still have pain. Yeah you are my best friend here. I hope that we both heal soon , not only me.

• Posted

yes exactly! Oh thats good the pain has gone down again for you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Lol same here, yeah i really hope this for both of us too !

• Posted

Hi becca how are you now? Are you healing well? Well me i think not. I saw some blood again after pooping big ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• Posted

Yes i have . No blood , no fissure pain , But still In pain in surgical sites. Almost all the pain came from skin tag removal area and minimal pain from left LIS incision. Overall Im kinda think that the fissure is healing i dont know maybe i need more time. Here i am back to normal , go outside , work remotely but i Kept my fiber diet and lots of water. No meat , how are you ?

3 weeks now and 4 days post LIS lets see on my 6 weeks

• Posted

I'm glad to hear you are back to normal. is the pain still as bad as before? hopefully not!

Yes i had no meat for the first 2 weeks after botox procedure too. it definitely helped.

Today i return to work and i'm feeling confident in the area even tho it still feels slightly off!

• Posted

I just want to be happy because no pain from fissure and slowly subsiding however everytime i get so excited it gets back so i wont celebrate until its all healed lol

• Posted

Yeah i understand, i think its a normal tho to get excited. one day we will be 'normal' again! i know it lol

I think in terms of the pain it's a slow process.

My pain is quite mininal now, but as i'm working in an office all day its a lot of pressure on the area and some aggravation. but i can handle it lol ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

I said if you sit too long it might put a lot of pressure down there, so i recommend you to buy heat pad, so whenever you sit , place the heat pad. It could relax the area while having so much pressure

• Posted

I am talking to kbhappy2 from anal fissure org, I have her whatsapp she's now 2 weeks post op and still not able to walk for 30 mins, I remember myself that 2 weeks post op, We both slow healers. I thought i was the only one lol, She also advice me its ok to have sex while healing hahahaha whatta nice advice , as long as you're comfortable do it lol

• Posted

Ah thats good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ the mesaaging system on that other forum is a bit odd lol :p

Yes i will probably have to buy something to sit on soon i think!

• Posted

Hi Becca

How you doing now? Hope you're fine ๐Ÿ˜‰. Did your pain subsided?

• Posted

Hiya, the pain was less but now coming back to work my eating habits have slightly changed as we now have a chef who cooks lunch for us. but next week i will bring my own healthier lunches in i think, as had a bad Bm earlier ๐Ÿ˜•

Hows yours today?

• Edited

Still in progress but i could say the pain is slowly going away yesterday i scale it as 1/10 pain super minimal, small gain each day. There is still discomfort , i can see the light lol, I still continue high fiber and laxative for now and i think ill stick to it for the rest of malife lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.