Botox for anal fissure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had the Botox treatment done 6 days ago. I am drinking lots of water, getting as much fibre as possible from cereal and fruit and off spicy food. I am also taking laxatives and prunes to aid soft bowel movements. Everytime I have a BM I am in agony from pain that feels like something is cutting me in half. Is this normal? First one lasted 5 hours and the second one lasted 3 hours. The Consultant was supposed to perform an Excision and the Botox but told me after surgery that the fissure was too deep so I am not sure how far they went with the excision. For the last year this has been hell and I have tried all the creams and ointments. I don't feel like I have the strength anymore and losing hope.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got my botox on thursday coming and bricking it !

seems to be loads of horror stories . my colonoscopy report 10 days ago showed the fissure has healed however something is clearly playing up as I am still in pain

doc said botox will be the first step .

anyone know what the recovery period is like?

• Posted

hi ive had one lot of botox 6 week ago im going for 2nd next week

the first did not work i was in pain before and still in pain after i thought im no worse than j was so dont worry about it you maybe 100% better

i was ok recovering the pain was no worse than the pain i already had

good luck

• Posted

Hi, I had an excision with the botox 3 weeks ago, the first 10 days were not great and BM was painful so i felt that it had not worked. For the last few days things have felt a little better but i am being so careful with food. I have bran flakes for breakfast, an apple and a pear, 3-4 dried prunes, no spicy food and very little carbs plus as much water as I can drink. Also sitting in warm water after BM with some epsom salts. Sitting on a hot water bottle has helped alot too. Pain has reduced alot but not completely gone. I think if you are having botox only it should be fine, my buttocks felt very achy and heavy and I think because i had an excision it was a different. Don't stress honestly if you've dealt with fissure pain nothing will be as bad as that, I pray you heal completely. Also I dont get spasms anymore but just a burning feeling and the cutting pain has lessened too. But i think the fissure is bipolar and one day can be great and the next hell, theres no right or wrong here! sending everyone with this dreadful pain lots of love xx

• Posted

Zara and jenny

many thanks for your supportive messages

I got no idea what they will do come thursday . as I mentioned the endoscopy camera I had inside me showed a healed fissure . hence no active fissure . the consultant said its healed and she can see the scar where it was. only thing she did see was the spasms . hence from my appointment today with the anesthesia nurse she stated that the fissure more than likely wont be injected and it would be my anal sphincter however she said the consultant on the day will make that decision

I guess like you guys have said if I have suffered this pain up until now then this procedure shouldn't be much worse in terms of pain

I have now decided though no more spicy food even though my doc said there is no link between fissures and spicy food .

there is a herbal supplement drink called FIGS . think I will try that too

thanks again everyone..this group is the only place where we can discuss our pains

• Posted

you've got this, stress and worry aggravates everything,i was so worked up before mine too and honestly you'll be fine. Stay positive, my daughter is getting married in 2 weeks and the stupid fissure is coming with me, oh the joys!! Does anyone also find that the fissure goes pyscho around period time? X

• Posted

lol I wouldnt know abiuy periods Zara I am.afraid .

cheers for your support zara . if your daughter doesn't know already about yiur fissure it mah be an idea to tell her so she knows what you are going through.

one thing which annoys me is that hospitals dont see a fissure as an emergency. I'm from england and when I visit the doctors for an issue about fissure it's not treated with any priority at all . I think the professionals may fail to realise the impact it has km our mental health as for me personally it gives me.depression

• Posted

this is so true

im in a severe bad way ive not been in work for 7 weeks i cant drive or walk around my house properly

the pain is extreme when having BM and excruciating after usually for hour after

i then cant stand up for longer than ten mins cause i get pains with pressure

im quite a tough person so i know its painful

ive been offfered so many creams

ive used them for two years they dont work

the day to day agony is the worst im on morphine now at home

my mum said years ago theyd of had u in seeing the pain which seeing a consultant every 3 months they dont see.

ive had to fight and take pictures and videos of whats happening to prove it.

it feels like and im drained from the pain and the fight i feel i have to be treated.

i only had a bowel sample sent off few week ago after me asking, when ive been seeing people about this for over a year first thing they should do is send a sample

anyway rant over i hope we all get sorted asap and i pray fro speedy recovery for us all xx

• Posted

yep i completely agree with you, I was told 15 months ago that its an external heammoroid and it took the GP 9 months to refer me even though i went back repeatedly as everything they gave didnt work. Then the non urgency from the colorectall dept at hospital took months. They just dont understand and i feel like they look at me like i am mad when i am telling them that i cant take the pain. Definitely have mental impact, high anxiety and depression. At one point i was put on Pregabalin and I was completely zoned out which i think in hindsight was a good thing! I am in England too but never had a colonoscopy or any other tests, consultant could see the fissure apparently by just looking. Everyone knows I have a fissure issue, i look dead half the time and find the pain draining. I am going to make a claim for PIP as i feel that my living is restricted completely if i cant drive, get to work and work or sit for long and walk at a pace without feeling discomfort not to mention the depression side of things.

• Posted

oh and if one would read all the journals and research online it clearly states how much this impacts on mental health and well being and loss of quality of life!

• Posted

Zara and jenny

many thanks for your supportive messages

I got no idea what they will do come thursday . as I mentioned the endoscopy camera I had inside me showed a healed fissure . hence no active fissure . the consultant said its healed and she can see the scar where it was. only thing she did see was the spasms . hence from my appointment today with the anesthesia nurse she stated that the fissure more than likely wont be injected and it would be my anal sphincter however she said the consultant on the day will make that decision

I guess like you guys have said if I have suffered this pain up until now then this procedure shouldn't be much worse in terms of pain

I have now decided though no more spicy food even though my doc said there is no link between fissures and spicy food .

there is a herbal supplement drink called FIGS . think I will try that too

thanks again everyone..this group is the only place where we can discuss our pains

• Posted

as you guys n girls may have read I am due to have botox this Thursday coming

iv had to cancel all my work plans which involved travelling up the country. this is the sort if impact a fissure can have

anyways I thought I would try something new

not sure if i was making a mistake by adding loads of things onto my back passage. for example i would be using diltazium along with sudocream along with aloe vera tea tree and fissure world oils

i therefore yesterday made a decision to stop all this multi treatments and instead went with metamium nappy rush treatment cream. I feel out of everything I have used this is the best and more effective .

also does anyone know are piles just inside and outside the back passage hole ? as I have what feels like a vein travelling from the hole all the way to where my bum cheeks come out . when I touch this area when massaging my creams it kills . not sure if this has contributed to my pain

• Posted

Hi, as far as i know piles should only be internal or external near the bum hole so not sure what that could be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.