BOTOX INJECTION IN MUSCLE FOR ANAL FISSURE OUTCOME

Posted , 66 users are following.

Hi one and all just to let you all knowy Botox injection outcome.

I had this injection on the 6th December 2007, I was only in for the day, I feel so much better, no more having a bath at 2 and 3 in the morning.

The muscle spasms have gone, if anyone of you have read about me on this forum I was in a bad way, in pain every day, not good for anyone.

I feel so much better, I get a small abount of pain sometimes after going to the toilet, but all in all my bottom feels much better, I may have to go in for a second injection, I see my Surgon in FEB. I will keep you all informed, if you have any questions send me an e-mail, or post your questions on this forum.

Happy bottom pain free new year.

MOONFAIRY

4 likes, 207 replies

207 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

NOW 4 days post OP. NO SPASM AT ALL. NO PAIN EITHER. But I have only had one BM and so am trying everything make me go!

So far so good with the OP.............

• Posted

Now six days post op. I have had bad \"spasm\" pains after BM's which have required me to take Buscopan and pain killers, which is not good news and I am hoping this will ease off in the next few days.(the spasm lasts 1-2 hrs.) This is probably caused by the morphine I was given after the op which also caused me to be a bit constipated. This is being \"shifted\" by fruit/water/salad/prune juice etc etc.

However the good news is that the anal muscle is relaxed and this is what will allow the fissure to heal As long as I keep the stools loose to not stretch the fissure further.

I hope all this is useful to people. I am being graffic I know but at least others may benefit when searching the net for help as I did 4 months ago.

Update soon!

Happy pooping.

• Posted

19 days post op.

To be honest when I have a BM in the mornings the Spasm pain is pretty bad!

BUT if I take shower/douch immediately and Ibuprofen and paraceptamol the pain goes in half an hour.

I am waiting for the fissure to heal now which may take a few more weeks but so far this is nothing that I did not expect.

Happy pooping!!!!

• Posted

It is now 2 weeks and 3 days since botox and fissurectomy AND GREAT NEWS!!! I have had no pain or spasms for 2 days!!!

I was concerned during the first 2 weeks but can honestly say that I am possitive about the final outcome of this procedure. I can still feel the fissure is there BUT NO PAIN .........HONEST!

YIPPEEEEEEE

Happy pooping

• Posted

Hi, 

I had the botox injection a week ago tomorrow. I am still taking laxatives as so scared not too but I am still in some muh pain after every BM and with the laxative I am going every morning. I go straight in the bath but I just want to know how long did it take after your botox injection for you to start to feel pain free?

Please help!

• Posted

Hi please tell me how your Botox treatment went sad in four weeks post Botox and still have pain passing a stool sad
  • Posted

its good to know ur better. on 7 nov i had 2 piles banded, a fissure sliced out, botox and skin tags removed. after the procedure the pain was worse than i had ever experienced but now after 3 weeks im feeling more relaxed but only coz i havent let my pooh harden. im having \"fruit n fibre\" morning n evening and going for a BM after every meal. its annoying having to go to the toilet so often but its a far cry from the pain ive suffered for the past 9 years . just wondering how bad the pain will be when the botox wears off. but all u other sufferers out there, dont leave it so long and find out what suits u. i cant sit for long or go on long car journeys n i cant go out so much in case i need the toilet. this really takes over your life, but its a far cry from the pain i have suffered in the past. also, pro op, u may feel like u wanna end your life n curse the surgeon for making the pain worse than ever but believe me the surgeons know its better in the long run,, trust them and take what ever procedure they recommend. its taken me 9 years to get enough courage to be examined properly....its not possible under normal conditions, only under general anaesthetic, but dont leave it so long like me. 9 years of pain has taken alot out of my body and my hair is about 30% grey, n im only 34. lets see what the future holds for me! i know it will reoccur when the botox wears off.
  • Posted

1 month post op and only small amount of Spasm/achy pain when I have had a busy day. Yes I do keep my BM soft also by eating Allbran every morning and alot of fruit. I only have a BM once a day.

The other day I had a good look with a mirror and it does not look like the fissure has healed yet but the botox must be working as I have no pain during or after BM. So far so good. CRS appointment end of Feb 2009 which is when the botox will have worn off. Here's hoping that it has healed by then!

• Posted

It is now 8 months since my Botox and Fissurectomy. The good news is the YES IT WAS successful!!!!

I have no pain BUT an occaisional \"ache\" when I allow my stools to get hard so I make sure I have a BM EVERY day. If I dont eat Bran for breakfast I take a sachet of Movicol in the evening.

MY TOP TIP...........THE EARLIER YOU GET SOMETHING DONE THE BETTER THE OUTCOME! DONT BE SCARED OF HAVING SOMEONE LOOK AT YOUR BUM....THEY DO IT ALL DAY!!!!

• Posted

Hi I'm just wondering how long you had to take off work after you had surgery... Pleased to hear you've had some relief.......I'm due in for my pre assessment tomorrow so nervous but relieved. It's taken me TWO years to get this far! Reading your blog has relaxed me little more.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

Can you provide details of the surgeon you saw who gave you botox. I've tried everything and this seems to be my only option left, but my consultant told me they don't do this procedure on the NHS. I've been struggling with this for 9 months now everyday painful bowel movements. I had a sphincterotomy which solved the problem of the spasm but the fissure still hasn't healed! Your post has really given me help so nay details of clinics or consultants would be hugely appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Sarah mine was done on the nhs at the hospital I'm in the uk
  • Posted

Hello everyone,

can I ask, how are you all now? it is Nov 2010, some time after your postings.

do you still agree with the botox?

does the site of the injection hurt?

do you or have you ever used a dilator?

what does BM mean?

do you see an end to the pain?

• Posted

Botox for me hasn't worked sadly I'm still suffering massively

• Posted

Hi !! im 9 months into suffering daily with an AF.....My surgeon wants to do Botox injections because surgery could cause permanent damage.......I want to do it for relief and as an effort to avoid surgery..... Can anyone please tell me if they lost bowel control after and if so how bad ? I know the botox only lasts for 3 months so i figure temporary loss of control is better than permanent loss of control that surgery can cause......

I want to schedule the procedure ASAP so any and all answers are appreciated..... How long did you take off from work after the procedure also ??

Thank you soooo much : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.