Bottom Pain !

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies

Has anyone every experienced dull pain in rectum?

I get it occasionally for absolutely no obvious reason, then it passes, either on its own or I take a painkiller.

Been seen at hospital...all clear...doesn't occur very often but just suddenly happens

Could it possibly have a connection with pelvic floor?

Any ideas ?

Thank you

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't know if it could be connected with pelvic floor but I did have the same a few years ago. I was also sent to hospital for a check and they found nothing wrong. Thankfully it was a symptom that I didn't have for that long.
    • Posted

Yes, I too had hospital checks...nothing found...so, as the other ladies have said, could just be muscle spasms

Thanks for reply jx

• Posted

Yes i know that i suffered with piles which came on after pregnancy, i experiened this, so wasn't sure if it was that but on a regular transvaginal ultrasound they said i had a cyst on my ovary, so i dont know if this was the cause x
    • Posted

Thank you pinkcatfairy

Oh my...this seems to be a very common complaint...so glad I raised it!

Thought it was just me!

Yes, I too suffer from mild piles caused by both births!

Can be uncomfortable at times, then fine for weeks...thought this could be cause or connection to this "bottom pain" but doesn't seem to be.

Cysts? Another lady mentioned this

Jx

• Posted

I found a site that explains how to prevent it. Read this through:

Proctalgia is pain due to a spasm of the pelvic floor muscles, the muscles of the anal sphincter, or the muscles of the rectum. This causes severe stabbing pain like a knife sticking into the rectum. This type of pain may originate without warning. It may vary in severity and duration. It may pass quickly or might last much longer.

Often the pain will be severe enough to awaken a person at night out of a sound sleep. If the person gets up and walks around, moves his bowels, or passes gas, the pain could resolve in a matter of minutes.

Causes

Anorectal and pelvic pain may also be the result of many different conditions:

stress

hemorrhoids

rectal ulcers, also referred to as solitary rectal ulcers

abcesses

a fissure in the lining of the rectum

inflammatory bowel disease

Treatment

Natural Vegetable Powder

There are several treatments for proctalgia. The first is natural vegetable powder in a dose of three heaping tablespoonfuls per day. With this dose, a person should have large, soft bowel movements that stretch out the muscles and help prevent muscle spasms.

If natural vegetable powder does not work, muscle relaxants can be used to help achieve the same results.

There are other treatments but those require a doctor sticking a probe in the anal area for which I prefer to do without.

• Posted

Thank you Pat

The above all sounds feisable...mine could be brought on by stress as we are moving out of our family home of 19.5 on Friday!

I'm quite calm and excited at new life challenges (!) but very busy packing etc...changing addresses...cancelling utilities...the list goes on!

Although I have been checked, once we are more settled and if it occurs again, I'll try to sort.

I don't think it's as severe as marlene's comment below...hope not x

• Posted

Look up Pudental Neuralgia Entrapment ,Levator syndrome ,Cyclist syndrome ,that's just 3 ,Im on a site that's secret if you want I can get you onto it if you PM me .Ive had this going on now for almost 10 yrs ,began with Coccxys pain ,then backside ,and down thigh part back of legs .Pelvis can be a big issue to conditions ,most drs not aware of these symptoms to diagnosis .It is painful ,sitting ,then aches as you stand up for to long .
    • Posted

Marlene, sorry to hear you have such a thing going on. I think the severeity of Pudental Neuralgia Entrapment goes beyond what we're talking about at least I hope it is.  My pain went away and hasn't come back. It starts when you have hemorroids or an anal fissure, that causes the jabbing pain either mild or strong, that eventually goes away and doesn't cause other side effects. What you eat in terms of soluble fiber, has a lot to do with it as well. Pudental Neuralgia Entrapment is more of a chronic nerve damage issue that lasts way too long, and progessively gets worse. For me at least this is not the issue I was replying to jane. Yet, I hope you find relief for your ailment. Take care. Pat.
    • Posted

Brenda,it was because of trolls .Couple of them ,that's now been sorted once and for all .
    • Posted

Yes it's painful to say the least ,mine began after a weight loss due to illness .there are a lot who suffer from it ,can happen to anyone wether male or female .in the beginning I thought it was sciatica alone ,until I found different .thats life and what it throws up at one ,just have to get on with it ,till remedy comes up .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.