Bouts of bloating..

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all I have had a terrible month. Seems like I have done nothing but cry. I usually have more anxiety than I do depression and most of the time I can somewhat shake it off but not this time I don't know what's different. I was having symptoms of my period but so far no show. My question is do any of you have times when you feel you have been bloated forever and does your weight fluctuate?

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes yes yes. I get so bloated I can barely breath.

My periods are becoming further apart but have noticed the bloating is most severe two weeks before and during a period. So maybe you will get one soon.

As for the anxiety its unbearable. Ive had every symptom there is to have in my 8 years if peri. Im now 48.

Just keep talking here. This site is a lifesaver xx

• Posted

Thank you Michelle I will be 48 in December. Its nice to be able to chat with others that can relate to what one is feeling.
  • Posted

Feel the same. So heavy despite loads of exercise. Awaiting full blood screening results. Will post up any interesting results. 
  • Posted

Hi Donna, poor you and yes OMG bloating is horrendous- I e had a hysterectomy and I feel permanently bloated from under chest to pelvis, some days worse than others but sometimes can breathe. It's awful and I'm sure im turning into a man! certainly looks like a mans beer belly,it's awful , I feel for you, it seems very common and another horrible symptom along with all the others xx
  • Posted

Whoops sorry Donna I meant some days can't breathe, it helps if I lie down but can't lie down all day but wish I could ! X
  • Posted

Hi Donna ,yes beached whale feeling in full swing at the moment feel like I have gained about 1/2 stone in the last week ,prob have can't seem to curb the appetite which then leads to more feelings of self loathing ! These mood swings are really the limit I agree ,some months just before my period is due I have the head feeling like it's going to explode with tension ,gasket blowing ,steam coming out of ears and a red mist descending feeling ,this month being one of them ! Fully intend to take myself and my dog out for a lengthy walk today ,just need space ,peace and quiet at times like this ! Too much going on in life we just need it take time out ! Am assuming I am peri ,am 50 with all the aches joint pains and the occasional hot flush thrown in which are associated with peri ,periods now regular as clock work ( novelty) all through my life they were  2 to 3 weeks late so pattern has changed and they do seem lighter ! God what some of us women go through ! Sincerely hope your mood begins to improve soon ! You have my sympathies ! Get yourself out for a nice walk in the countryside if at all possible ,certainly can't make you feel any worse and may help ,
  • Posted

I read something yesterday about anxiety. I had a problem last week (before my period, of course!) with intense anticipatory anxiety. I am a new teacher at a school, and I was told, kind of at the last minute, that one of the students had complained, and someone was going to observe my lesson. My anxiety went through the roof! It was awful. I thought I would rather die than experience that feeling. Then came time for the class, and as soon as it started I was fine. (and the review from the observer was really good). So, I didn't have anxiety during the class, only before. I read about it on the net, and I learned from one source that the place in the brain that creates? anxiety during an action is different from the place that anticipates an action. Apparently serotonin (and I take anti-depressants, which stabilizes my serotonin) positively affects the place in the brain that deals with anxiety during a performance, but has no affect on anticipatory anxiety. I guess this is really true! I decided to ask my doctor for a tranquilizer or two, just to see if that helps me in a similar situation. I think it will just turn me into a zombie, though. A lot of meds turn me into a zombie. I took some tranexamic acid today to stop the bleeding enough so I could get through my classes, and it turned me into a zombie. The students were laughing at me! And they make me a little depressed too. Not the students! The tranexamic acid. Sigh. I wish the choices were easier.

Sorry, Donna, this is hardly comforting to you. Maybe you should look into natural anti-depressants, like Rhodiola, which you can order over the Internet. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. A friend of mine once told me she went through something similar, pms symptoms that went on for a month, but no period. Horrible!

• Posted

Yes my weight does fluctuate everybodys weight does, exspeacially if you are a female. Its due to water weight gain and before a lady has her period she has a lot of water weight gain, once your period starts it will go down, just limit how much salt you eat in you diet too because that can make a female have water wieght gain too. Eat fresh foods 

You will be fine you could be starting peri menopause maybe thats why you are late 

• Posted

Thank you Susan I just feel so miserable I don't even like to get dressed when I like this I just prefer to stay in my jammies. sad
    • Posted

Thats the way I have been feeling myself because of my palpitations just don't want to do anything just want to stay home sad

The both of us have to stay strong and just think of good things in life that we have right now

• Posted

I know its awful it seems that every time I wake up I have them and when I move around I have them sometimes when lying down I have them it has been making me crazy just want to cry sad
    • Posted

Awww yes i know how you feel!!!!! Its just horrid. I feel like that most days. Mainly before a period they get worse. Ive even had 24 hour heart monitor and it was fine. Don't know how?

Ive been peri for 8 years im now 48.

This year by far being the worsttsad

Just hang in there. Keep sharing. Its helps to know your not alone x

• Posted

If its really hot but its not one of my problems. I have anxiety depression palpitations mood swings dizzy spells brain fog constant uti's bloating breathlessness.

Yep I know the list is long and im sure I ive missed some.

Some days I feel like im dying. Oh yeah and fatigue. X

• Posted

That's aweful I have all but palpitations. I just wonder if the swelling could be due to Peri? Its only relieved when I lay down at nite. Been happening for over a year now. My GP thought it might have been due to having a under active thyroid but according to labs thyroid is just about normal range.
    • Posted

Thanks for taking time to read. I hope you don't think I'm coo-coo cause I sure feel like it at times. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.